ArcTanGent 2024

itskinglizard

so obviously we're not gonna get any news for a little bit but thought I would start the thread anways

really hoping to see 65daysofstatic and Zeal & Ardor returning for 2024, hopefully the Tokky Horror set that didn't happen this year will happen next year

I missed out this year, so looking forward to returning next year and I really hope the line up is a banger (I mean, it usually is so should be fine) 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Me and a mate on about doing this this year. Few questions as I am something of a noob to attending ATG:

- says you can bring a case of beer. I’m guessing that that’s only for the campsites?

- either that or some spirits - are they strict on this or can you do both?

- shuttle bus off sale atm - does this mean it’s sold out, or do they put it on sale later?

if we do go well do 4 days as ASIWYFA are playing the Wednesday, just wondered what the craic was and for any impartial reviews as to what the vibe of this fest is, etc? Any info you feel would be good to share, please do my friends.

17 hours ago, mungo57 said:

if we do go well do 4 days as ASIWYFA are playing the Wednesday, just wondered what the craic was and for any impartial reviews as to what the vibe of this fest is, etc? Any info you feel would be good to share, please do my friends.

I went in 2022 and it's a very chilled festival, very focused on the music. A lot of people will be trying to see as many bands as possible and they do they scheduling really well to allow that. The Wednesday was really low key when I went only about 1500 people I think, was pretty cool. Obviously people do drink there but getting wasted and acting crazy is deffo frowned upon, ot at least it was the year I went. 

1 hour ago, Spiral_Low said:

I went in 2022 and it's a very chilled festival, very focused on the music. A lot of people will be trying to see as many bands as possible and they do they scheduling really well to allow that. The Wednesday was really low key when I went only about 1500 people I think, was pretty cool. Obviously people do drink there but getting wasted and acting crazy is deffo frowned upon, ot at least it was the year I went. 

Mate I’m past the getting smashed all day vibe 🤣

sound like my sort of festival. By accounts it’s only small which will be nice. Didn’t get Glastonbury tickets today so I’ll be sorting this out sooner rather than later.

On 11/18/2023 at 7:19 PM, mungo57 said:

Me and a mate on about doing this this year. Few questions as I am something of a noob to attending ATG:

- says you can bring a case of beer. I’m guessing that that’s only for the campsites?

- either that or some spirits - are they strict on this or can you do both?

- shuttle bus off sale atm - does this mean it’s sold out, or do they put it on sale later?

Vibe of the fest is very laid back, music oriented. There isn't much to do outside of being at the bar, or campsitr or watching bands, but thats fine because they lineup is always stacked and well scheduled (also best sound I've ever heard at a fest). 

They have been pretty relaxed with alcohol/spirits, allowing you to bring cans from campsite into the arena, just make sure you buy a few beers there and don't bring any glass with you.

Each year I've only come across one dude that's been wasted and annoying, and its generally not the vibe. Random bald dude during Converge crushing my beer in my hand and throwing it was effectively removed by the masses, and in 2022 some dude took his drunk friend out of Amenra because he was falling into people and kinda killing the vibe... so yeah, pretty laid back fest, generally no overly annoying kids or manchildren.

8 hours ago, Gummy de Milo said:

Vibe of the fest is very laid back, music oriented. There isn't much to do outside of being at the bar, or campsitr or watching bands, but thats fine because they lineup is always stacked and well scheduled (also best sound I've ever heard at a fest). 

They have been pretty relaxed with alcohol/spirits, allowing you to bring cans from campsite into the arena, just make sure you buy a few beers there and don't bring any glass with you.

Each year I've only come across one dude that's been wasted and annoying, and its generally not the vibe. Random bald dude during Converge crushing my beer in my hand and throwing it was effectively removed by the masses, and in 2022 some dude took his drunk friend out of Amenra because he was falling into people and kinda killing the vibe... so yeah, pretty laid back fest, generally no overly annoying kids or manchildren.

sounds good to me. Not confirmed yet, but I think me and a mate are going as I didn't get Glastonbury tickets and they're doing 30% off at the moment until end of year. We're on about full 4 days VIP which might be nice for a change!

I'll obviously buy some beers there, but I usually when coming to a fest bring a case with me and some spirits for the evening, usually to decant into my hip flask and carry around. We will probably get a bit drunk but not enough to cause people issues. I hate those sort of knob heads to be fair.

Thanks for the info, looking forward to it. Wondering who the final 2 headliners are, never seen Meshuggah so should be fun.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/6/2023 at 12:25 PM, 3Dimensions said:

Signs pointing to The Dillinger Escape Plan reuniting with their original vocalist (not old Greg). Potential headliner?

As much as I love TDEP it would be nice to have a headliner which is a bit more chill. Need something peaceful after the brutality of Meshuggah!

This would be wild, just hop they don't only do Calculating Infinity material. Im kinda hoping for Mogwai as a headliner this year.

• 1 month later...

Lineup announcement #3 on Thursday at 10, apparently pretty much all the bands are dropping so hopefully that includes the other two headliners. 

Wonder when we’ll be able to vote for the ASIWYFA set, need to get some songs from Heirs played!