BBC radio 1 big weekend 2024

jj200

11 minutes ago, finn_with_1_n said:

don’t get me wrong, I’d be absolutely chuffed with that! I would think it’s more likely a bigger pop act if anyone though. I don’t really see what BBCR1 gain from holding them back

I’ve been thinking more in the realm of Billie Eilish as a very special guest or Twenty One Pilots - both have albums out around the time (9 and 2 days before the Sunday respectively) and both would drum up immense hype for the festival - especially as Harry Styles was a previous held-back slot for the Big Weekend in previous years

Yeah the optimist in me says someone a la Billie Eilish / Dua Lipa / Ariana (?) / Olivia Rodrigo etc.

Thankfully Noah Kahan is busy.

Think getting a rodrigo / 21p / billie level act is very optimistic for the Sunday.

Surely this act is being billed below Vampire Weekend?

if it does end up being huge its going to exaggerate even more how weirdly balanced the days are!

2 hours ago, NickisGinger said:

There has to be someone else I beg? theres more R1 DJs performing than artists (Sunday Main Stage). That can’t be so 😂😭

clearly went cheap knowing coldplay would sell it out alone

who cares tbh was £35. anyone else is a bonus

16 minutes ago, gregory said:

There have been 8 acts on the Main and New Music stages the last few years. Sunday has 5 (main) and 7 (new music), so expecting a few more, and at least that "another big artist"

Where is the "big artist" thing coming from? I have a feeling ive missed something

I do wonder, after yesterday’s news, if it could be Zayn. obviously a long running relationship with BBC R1, and Niall Horan was at Dundee last year. he’s doing his first show the week before in London. would be a fairly safe booking for both parties. naff, but fits in that gap where he’s undercard but still feels like a big deal to many 

6 hours ago, finn_with_1_n said:

I do wonder, after yesterday’s news, if it could be Zayn. obviously a long running relationship with BBC R1, and Niall Horan was at Dundee last year. he’s doing his first show the week before in London. would be a fairly safe booking for both parties. naff, but fits in that gap where he’s undercard but still feels like a big deal to many 

Bradford, his hometown, is city of culture next year. I'd say theres a chance that it goes there and hes booked there as hes the representative for Bradford City of Culture but who knows

Just now, northernangel said:

when do we usually get set times?

Usually it isn't released until the morning of each day of the festival, typically on social media but if you're there it's encouraged you purchase the lanyards

2 minutes ago, MatthewTurner said:

Usually it isn't released until the morning of each day of the festival, typically on social media but if you're there it's encouraged you purchase the lanyards

The way the listing has been set up online now suggests Eric Prydz will clash with Chase and Status but it was that Diplo woul dhe he would be playing before.

Just now, northernangel said:

The way the listing has been set up online now suggests Eric Prydz will clash with Chase and Status but it was that Diplo woul dhe he would be playing before.

I would assume you'd have EP on after Diplo, so likely correct, but the website isn't usually a reliable indicator as to when each act will be on, it's usually misleading and has no pattern from over the years.

I'm still wondering when the final acts will be announced, there is apparently a major artist still to come, I'm not sure who though.

2 hours ago, MatthewTurner said:

I would assume you'd have EP on after Diplo, so likely correct, but the website isn't usually a reliable indicator as to when each act will be on, it's usually misleading and has no pattern from over the years.

I'm still wondering when the final acts will be announced, there is apparently a major artist still to come, I'm not sure who though.

Maybe Florence and the machine