Boardmasters 2024

Will b

7 minutes ago, billybigballs said:

That's weaker than the Tory party. The missing headliner must be huge to balance out Chase and Status (who are great btw, but not a headliner at a 50k festival).

Chase & Status are MASSIVE at the moment, especially with the GCSE lot, don't think they are a weak booking at all imo

Chase and status were excellent in 2016 and seem to be dominating the hit parade atm!

stormzy will be great too last saw him in 2017 and it was great.

some great acts there me and my mates aged 23-27 all going are thrilled.

Stormzy  playing the Sunday makes me feel like there’s a big act on the Saturday for the more mature folk. Blur/pulp?

18 hours ago, Properbigfan said:

It’s the chroma show. Will be land of the saints a la Jamie xx 2021. Bicep live would 100% sub main stage if not headline it 

Oh yeah I know it's Chroma, but just wasn't sure where it'd be place - Land of Saints defo makes most sense

On 11/29/2023 at 6:21 PM, billybigballs said:

That's weaker than the Tory party. The missing headliner must be huge to balance out Chase and Status (who are great btw, but not a headliner at a 50k festival).

They are 100% bigger than some of the recent boardmasters headliners - especially with the crowd.

Far bigger than say Jorja Smith in 2021

----

They really have done away with the indie / rock it seems this year

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/29/2023 at 6:21 PM, billybigballs said:

The missing headliner must be huge to balance out Chase and Status (who are great btw, but not a headliner at a 50k festival).

On 12/4/2023 at 8:23 PM, charlierc said:

They've booked the Bowl in Milton Keynes, which caught me by surprise as I didn't know they were that big.

Just going back to this, Milton Keynes date is sold out already... That's like 60/65k tickets shifted.

13 hours ago, charlierc said:

Well clearly they're a more popular deal than I realised.

They’re obviously very popular - baddadan is one of those songs I just can’t seem to escape at the moment it’s everywhere

however I still think they must have been pretty cheap - cheaper than all 3 of last years headliners - so I agree that our missing one will (hopefully) be big and we get a strong undercard too 

On 12/16/2023 at 11:01 AM, Will b said:

They’re obviously very popular - baddadan is one of those songs I just can’t seem to escape at the moment it’s everywhere

however I still think they must have been pretty cheap - cheaper than all 3 of last years headliners - so I agree that our missing one will (hopefully) be big and we get a strong undercard too 

Reckon they cost more than Lorde tbh. But yeah, do think the final headliner will be a bigger name.

On 12/16/2023 at 11:01 AM, Will b said:

Would be surprised if lorde was more expensive to be honest