Sziget Festival 2024

#1SzigetFan

Posted (edited)

Kylie is a big name but I'm disappointed they weren't able to bring a big band to headline one of the 6 days. It feels like this year Sziget is 6 big (actually "biggish") concerts with some special guests during each day.

Edited by #1SzigetFan

1 hour ago, FestivalJamie said:

How do you get to the front section or do you need a vip ticket?

I don't think there's a single large festival in Europe that has this section for VIP tickets. This just doesn't work for the artist and fans. 

Usually there is security on both sides of the entrance whose main job is to make sure this section does not get overcrowded. Which actually is an issue at Sziget so I'm happy if they're going to regulate it. And if not - this type of barrier and FOH system is still better than previous one. More visibility and safer. 

46 minutes ago, #1SzigetFan said:

Kylie is a big name but I'm disappointed they weren't able to bring a big band to headline one of the 6 days. It feels like this year Sziget is 6 big (actually "biggish") concerts with some special guests during each day.

I think for this reason day tickets could sell well. As stand alone acts, a lot of the artists are very popular and have potential to shift high volumes of tickets. But the 6 day pass is extremely unattractive as all the artists combine to form a very uninspired line up.

4 minutes ago, billybigballs said:

I guess we now know why @Sziget2024_Leakshas been so quiet lately! Lol

If she had come in an earlier announcement, it might be have gone down well. But I know a lot of people had high hopes for the last headliner so it’s a bit of a kick in the teeth when another solo artist gets announced and there is little variation in genre between the headliners.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, billybigballs said:

I guess we now know why @Sziget2024_Leakshas been so quiet lately! Lol

He wasn't Mentally ready for our reactions XD. 

What's the chance that a big band could still be announced or are we 100% done now. I know a few users speculated yesterday that we might also be receiving some announcement on friday?

1 minute ago, Phaze4 said:

He wasn't Mentally ready for our reactions XD. 

What's the chance that a big band could still be announced or are we 100% done now. I know a few users speculated yesterday that we might also be receiving some announcement on friday?

If there is another band it won’t be a headliner. The headliners are complete now and Tom Odell seems to be sub headliner for the first day.

Just now, Nicklord said:

I'm pretty sure Leaks denied Kylie when someone suggested her. I hope they come back, I really wanna know what they wanted to do originally 

I think also leaks said at some point jungle was in the works.. but I’m guessing this has not gone through ?

Is this for sure the final lineup or are we still missing names on the Revolut stage? As a Hungarian I was kind of hoping we could get Carson Coma, Beton.Hofi, Krúbi, those sort of names. I think they would have been perfect for the Revolut stage (and pretty cheap as well compared to international names). Yes we have Azariah on main stage and Pogány Induló at drop yard but that's about it.

Edit: I guess that's unfair we also have a few smaller good Hungarian bands like Duckshell

Edited by colourfulsocks
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, colourfulsocks said:

Is this for sure the final lineup or are we still missing names on the Revolut stage? As a Hungarian I was kind of hoping we could get Carson Coma, Beton.Hofi, Krúbi, those sort of names. I think they would have been perfect for the Revolut stage (and pretty cheap as well compared to international names). Yes we have Azariah on main stage and Pogány Induló at drop yard but that's about it.

Beton.Hofi and Margaret Island were introduced to the Main Stage.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, colourfulsocks said:

Edit: I guess that's unfair we also have a few smaller good Hungarian bands like Duckshell

I guess there will be some more additions but for headliners it definitely seems like it’s complete

Just now, CCester said:

Also Elefant to the Buzz.

I saw that yeah. Also a decently big band I'm just not a huge fan personally.

Overall I think I'll have fun with this lineup. I will just not spend much time at the main stage. It's looking like I'm mostly gonna go to the main stage for the DJs only which feels strange but Martin Garrix and Fred will be great I think. And there are enough good acts dotted around to fill 6 days for me. I have an early bird ticket and I'm not gonna sell it but yeah, I probably won't buy early bird tickets in the future.

Can anyone work out who is on the main stage on Wednesday?

It only seems to be Kylie and Tom Odell so far.

Am I missing someone, or do you think they're waiting to see how well Joost do at Eurovision before deciding where to put them?

4 minutes ago, colourfulsocks said:

I saw that yeah. Also a decently big band I'm just not a huge fan personally.

Overall I think I'll have fun with this lineup. I will just not spend much time at the main stage. It's looking like I'm mostly gonna go to the main stage for the DJs only which feels strange but Martin Garrix and Fred will be great I think. And there are enough good acts dotted around to fill 6 days for me. I have an early bird ticket and I'm not gonna sell it but yeah, I probably won't buy early bird tickets in the future.

I quite like them.

Yeah, A38 and Buzz will be it for me this years. I also have an early bird ticket and I will probably buy it without knowing the lineup until they discontinue the student ticket. This lineup is far from being bad enough to not worth that ticket price.

4 minutes ago, billybigballs said:

Can anyone work out who is on the main stage on Wednesday?

It only seems to be Kylie and Tom Odell so far.

Am I missing someone, or do you think they're waiting to see how well Joost do at Eurovision before deciding where to put them?

Margaret Island and Fisher along with those 2. But I’m still not convinced Tom Odell will be the sub.

1 hour ago, eyebrain said:

I don't think there's a single large festival in Europe that has this section for VIP tickets. This just doesn't work for the artist and fans. 

Usually there is security on both sides of the entrance whose main job is to make sure this section does not get overcrowded. Which actually is an issue at Sziget so I'm happy if they're going to regulate it. And if not - this type of barrier and FOH system is still better than previous one. More visibility and safer. 

Primavera Sound used to work like this for several years. Right side of the main stage was for vip

1 minute ago, CCester said:

I quite like them.

Yeah, A38 and Buzz will be it for me this years. I also have an early bird ticket and I will probably buy it without knowing the lineup until they discontinue the student ticket. This lineup is far from being bad enough to not worth that ticket price.

Okay then I'll give them a chance, I haven't listened to them much.

That's true, the tickets themselves are not too expensive and the linuep is not as bad as some people are making it out to be. I live in the UK so for me it's tickets + flights + accommodation all without knowing the lineup if I don't want everything to be super expensive. Though I'm also combining it with visiting Budapest in general which is always nice

1 hour ago, FestivalJamie said:

If she had come in an earlier announcement, it might be have gone down well. But I know a lot of people had high hopes for the last headliner so it’s a bit of a kick in the teeth when another solo artist gets announced and there is little variation in genre between the headliners.

Agreed 100% Kylie is still huge and will bring lots of hits. I have not seen her, but I have friends who have travelled to see her and they said she puts on a good show. If Kylie had been part of the initial wave, it would have been fine. Her booking deserves better than to be seen as a letdown.

Kylie could not have been cheap, either. Hard to believe they could not book a band, as Leaks has indicated, when they were able to book her. I find it hard to believe that QOTSA, etc cost more than her. Something must have happened and the other bands in the area are snapped up by other festivals that have yet to announce them?

Still say this fest needed some Offspring....

On 4/24/2024 at 1:14 PM, Newjem said:

Lovestream (same weekend as EP, Slovakia) is also announcing their headliners on Friday…

I have Insider info on who will be announced and its quite a big name in his category…

Wonder if Sziget was even trying to get him as a headliner if the festival is just around the border with few days apart. That would surely make a bigger promo than everything what is happening right now..