Sziget Festival 2024

#1SzigetFan

11 hours ago, SweetJesus said:

Monday clashes:

Yard Act - Skrillex

Big Thief - Fred Again

This festival is a joke, it's obviously not about music. How can anyone give 80 or more euros for a day ticket to watch 2-3 bands?!

3 bands you really wanna watch a day would’ve been fine, I’d have gone. For me most days this year don’t even have that.

12 hours ago, SweetJesus said:

Monday clashes:

Yard Act - Skrillex

Big Thief - Fred Again

This festival is a joke, it's obviously not about music. How can anyone give 80 or more euros for a day ticket to watch 2-3 bands?!

Day tickets are overpriced, but I'm not too surprised about indie bands clashing with DJs.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NomadicMan said:

And 1800 HUF for a can of Dreher is just obnoxious….sorry I know you lot don’t like negativity but basically you are paying more for a worse product and then being fleeced on food and drink.

From the UK that is still pretty decent, spent £6 for a can of lager at creamfields. 

7 hours ago, thetime said:

From the UK that is still pretty decent, spent £6 for a can of lager at creamfields. 

Yeah on UK pricing it’s acceptable but your average salaries are double that of Hungary. Bit of a shame to have a festival in Eastern Europe most Eastern Europeans cannot afford but then again this whole festival business seems to becoming unsustainable. I read somewhere Sziget only made 100 k profit last year which isn’t much of a return given the effort…

4 hours ago, NomadicMan said:

Yeah on UK pricing it’s acceptable but your average salaries are double that of Hungary. Bit of a shame to have a festival in Eastern Europe most Eastern Europeans cannot afford but then again this whole festival business seems to becoming unsustainable. I read somewhere Sziget only made 100 k profit last year which isn’t much of a return given the effort…

International performers - paid in GBP, EUR, USD - come with international prices. It's possible to go to festivals in Hungary where beer is only 1200 HUF and we can all enjoy Quimby and Belga for the 1000th time.

38 minutes ago, iamdebrii said:

Clashes I'm semi-concerned about:

Royel Otis - Joost (Wednesday)

Marc Rebillet - Artemas (Monday)

Louis Tomlinson - New West (Saturday)

Fontaines D.C. - Sam Smith (Sunday) 

Kiasmos - NTO - Dead Poet Society (Sunday)

also just notice Blondshell - Tom Odell on the Wednesday... yikes

4 hours ago, iamdebrii said:

Clashes I'm semi-concerned about:

Royel Otis - Joost (Wednesday)

Marc Rebillet - Artemas (Monday)

Louis Tomlinson - New West (Saturday)

Fontaines D.C. - Sam Smith (Sunday) 

Kiasmos - NTO - Dead Poet Society (Sunday)

How do you know when NTO is on?

• Downvote 1

9 hours ago, NomadicMan said:

Festivals are struggling accross the board, they are all pricing themselves out. Cancellations of festivals, the pricing structure and lineup quality at festivals don't match.

Then again I'm going to see the killers next month, £100 quid a ticket.

4 hours ago, kristofm said:

International performers - paid in GBP, EUR, USD - come with international prices. It's possible to go to festivals in Hungary where beer is only 1200 HUF and we can all enjoy Quimby and Belga for the 1000th time.

Perhaps but you expect that to be borne in ticket prices. Sziget beer price has more than doubled in 6 years….

5 hours ago, iamdebrii said:

ah you're right, 

it's based on the clashfinder linked here earlier, didn't confirm whether time was posted on website

I hoped you have some extra info 😄 really looking forward to see the Colosseum and Part Arena timea but no luck with @Sziget2024_Leaks

On 5/25/2024 at 4:47 PM, NomadicMan said:

Perhaps but you expect that to be borne in ticket prices. Sziget beer price has more than doubled in 6 years….

It doubled, but Hungarian forint went down a lot too, from what I remember in 2013 the price was around 3 EUR (720 HUF?) and last year it was around 4.5 EUR. (1690 HUF). So in terms of EUR it went up about 50% in 10 years.

Correct me if Im wrong somewhere.

8 minutes ago, lukatej said:

It doubled, but Hungarian forint went down a lot too, from what I remember in 2013 the price was around 3 EUR (720 HUF?) and last year it was around 4.5 EUR. (1690 HUF). So in terms of EUR it went up about 50% in 10 years.

Correct me if Im wrong somewhere.

In 2014 it was around 600 HUF as far as I remember. Which was close to 2 EUR.

Incredible price for us Germans even back then. 

48 minutes ago, markeez said:

In 2014 it was around 600 HUF as far as I remember. Which was close to 2 EUR.

Incredible price for us Germans even back then. 

Just to be that guy:

Eur/Huf was 313 in 2014 August.

Draft Dreher was 650huf/2.07€
Canned was 750huf/2.39€.

Eur/Huf was exchanged at 384 last August which made the draft dreher 1690huf/4.4€ and the canned one 1890huf/4.92€. So the price is more than doubled in both currencies. 2.5x in huf and 2.05x in €. 
I’m not sure what to take from it. 

Edited by CCester
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, CCester said:

Just to be that guy:

Eur/Huf was 313 in 2014 August.

Draft Dreher was 650huf/2.07€
Canned was 750huf/2.39€.

Eur/Huf was exchanged at 384 last August which made the draft dreher 1690huf/4.4€ and the canned one 1890huf/4.92€. So the price is more than doubled in both currencies. 2.5x in huf and 2.05x in €. 
I’m not sure what to take from it. 

Oh, you are right, I remember 680/720 for draft/canned, but that was probably year or two later. In this case it really doubled. How much are beers in other european festivals?

In Czechia we have festival beer around 3 EUR, last year in Spain there was 0.3 beer for 5 EUR and 0.66 for 10 EUR which is also quite overpriced.

20 minutes ago, lukatej said:

Oh, you are right, I remember 680/720 for draft/canned, but that was probably year or two later. In this case it really doubled. How much are beers in other european festivals?

In Czechia we have festival beer around 3 EUR, last year in Spain there was 0.3 beer for 5 EUR and 0.66 for 10 EUR which is also quite overpriced.

Beer was 6£ at Glastonbury last year, which is almost cheaper, if you add the 2€+ fee for the glasses.

Edited by CCester

22 minutes ago, CCester said:

Beer was 6£ at Glastonbury last year, which is almost cheaper, if you add the 2€+ fee for the glasses.

Well you deserve to pay that price, if you buy a new glass everytime. 

46 minutes ago, CCester said:

Definitely. I only bought the 30th year edition last year. 

Sziget has been getting expensive last few editions, it's what it is though. There's plenty of other alternatives out there.

It still ticks the boxes of a 6 day festival, weather and relatively cheaper than UK and Scandinavian festivals.

I'm also one of the few who doesn't think the lineups is below average either. I quite like it, with plenty to see over the 6 days. 

The a38 on the Sunday still looks amazing. 

Edited by thetime

5 hours ago, thetime said:

Sziget has been getting expensive last few editions, it's what it is though. There's plenty of other alternatives out there.

It still ticks the boxes of a 6 day festival, weather and relatively cheaper than UK and Scandinavian festivals.

I'm also one of the few who doesn't think the lineups is below average either. I quite like it, with plenty to see over the 6 days. 

The a38 on the Sunday still looks amazing. 

It’s the first time I’m complaining about the lineup. Yes, A38 and the Buzz is pretty decent, but I miss at least one big name with guitars on the main stage. Shame, but the only headliner I am looking forward is Fred and I am unbelievably against DJs on the Main Stage. 2013 still gives me PTSD when they first brought in Guetta to close the festival. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CCester said:

It’s the first time I’m complaining about the lineup. Yes, A38 and the Buzz is pretty decent, but I miss at least one big name with guitars on the main stage. Shame, but the only headliner I am looking forward is Fred and I am unbelievably against DJs on the Main Stage. 2013 still gives me PTSD when they first brought in Guetta to close the festival. 

Yeah you would say adding QOTSA instead of halsey would add variety.