Sziget Festival 2024

#1SzigetFan

15 hours ago, gunghoglen said:

Hey, on Thursday check out Azahriah, he's the biggest act in Hungary today. Just sold out the football stadium for 3 nights. I like to check out local music wherever I am. Maybe you do, too. So if Thursday seems lacking, give him a shot. Might not be your cup of tea, but will be a big show.

I think Azahriah is an interesting one. I give him props for how huge he got, but I think it's a very Hungarian phenomenon. I think (even with some english lyrics) he is completely uninteresting on a global level. 

• Upvote 1

On 5/15/2024 at 7:43 PM, thetime said:

Really liking L'Impératrice after doing research on some of the acts I'm not familiar with..

first day is looking like a nice day to kick it all off. 

I'd dismissed them on first hearing as be too lightweight for my tastes, then caught a couple of their live videos and they added an extra element. Looking forward to them now.

• Like 1

On 5/17/2024 at 5:51 PM, billybigballs said:

I'd dismissed them on first hearing as be too lightweight for my tastes, then caught a couple of their live videos and they added an extra element. Looking forward to them now.

Perhaps on a little early on the clashfinder(I know it's not 100% accurate). Would put them on around 2am, chill out set.

• Like 1

So, does anyone have any guesses about how the Skrillex, Fred Again, Four Tet sets will work?

My understanding is that officially, it should be Skrillex on main stage(sub), then Fred on main stage(headliner), then Four Tet in Revolut Arena straight after. I doubt they will actually play three separate sets, considering that they apparently requested to be on the same day and they have this whole TBA thing going on. My guess is the Skrillex and Fred Again sets on the main stage will be merged and basically become one 2+ hour Skrillex b2b Fred Again set in the end with maybe Four Tet showing up for a little bit. And then Four Tet just plays a normal set in Revolut maybe?

I wouldn't mind three separate sets at all but it doesn't seem likely to me.

Does anyone know if they've been to the same festival on the same day since Coachella 2023 and how that went? I know they've done many popup shows but is there much precedent to how their festival appearences go?

5 hours ago, colourfulsocks said:

So, does anyone have any guesses about how the Skrillex, Fred Again, Four Tet sets will work?

My understanding is that officially, it should be Skrillex on main stage(sub), then Fred on main stage(headliner), then Four Tet in Revolut Arena straight after. I doubt they will actually play three separate sets, considering that they apparently requested to be on the same day and they have this whole TBA thing going on. My guess is the Skrillex and Fred Again sets on the main stage will be merged and basically become one 2+ hour Skrillex b2b Fred Again set in the end with maybe Four Tet showing up for a little bit. And then Four Tet just plays a normal set in Revolut maybe?

I wouldn't mind three separate sets at all but it doesn't seem likely to me.

Does anyone know if they've been to the same festival on the same day since Coachella 2023 and how that went? I know they've done many popup shows but is there much precedent to how their festival appearences go?

I think the most likely scenario is 3 separate sets with all of them appearing during Fred’s headline set. Something like the first hour will be classic Fred again.. set and then the trio could appear together for the last 30 mins. And if they wanna have fun they will join Four Tet later in the tent.

On 5/15/2024 at 7:10 PM, Matt86 said:

... only people from Netherlands know him lol .. I think, I THINK, A38 is big enough for an artist like him 😅 if you think the tent will be full, you're wrong 😉 

Do you realise how much he's blown up just in the past week, he'll definitely need a bigger stage 

58 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

I think this Joost person

The person means, who should they move FROM the main stage. If there are more than 10k people who are actively interested in Joost, I'll eat my sh/t. Also I will completely give up on the hope of the human race. From what I heard from this guy this barely qualifies as music. I honestly don't think that Sziget audience and Eurovision audience overlaps that much. 

• Like 1

On 5/3/2024 at 1:35 PM, kristofm said:

https://clashfinder.com/s/sziget24/?user=14eh9o.mr&

I know this is fanmade (right?), but I'm just wondering... they surely won't put Dead Poet Society and Fontaines DC in one slot, right? It would make a lot more sense to let Editors play at 18:45-20:00, 20:30-21:45 Fontaines DC, and put Crystal Fighters after Sam Smith, at the same time as DPS. So indie-rock fans could see Editors+Fontaines DC+DPS, while Becky+Janelle+Sam Smith fans can all see Crystal Fighters if they want.

Editors 18:45 - 20:00

Fontaines D.C. 20:45 - 22:00

Crystal Fighters 22:45 - 00:00

• Upvote 1

On 5/6/2024 at 6:46 PM, So Sad Simon said:

I know when he was announced, Barry Can't Swim was allocated the  1.45am to 3am slot on his Sziget-produced graphic, but I really hope they put him on earlier. I never seem to last until that time in the morning anymore! Lol. 

No, that's the right slot.

16 minutes ago, Sziget2024_Leaks said:

Thanks for the clarifications!

Does this mean that the full timetable is coming soon?

No collisions at all for me! Amazing news!

And the 11th of August is going to be great:

Aug 11:

17:00 - 18:00 Pip Blom

17:30 - 18:30 Becky Hill

(18:45 - 20:00 Editors)

(20:10 - 21:10 Naska)

20:45 - 22:00 Fontaines DC

(21:15 - 22:45 Sam Smith)

22:45 - 00:00 Crystal Fighters

00:40 - 01:40 - Dead Poet Society

02:10 - 03:00 Ramkot

Edited by kristofm

10 hours ago, Sziget2024_Leaks said:

I can see artists on the sziget website, like Esther the 8th (12:30- 13:10) or 43.Nove the same day (13:25 - 14:05) .. but no indication about which stages they're going to perform. Any info about that please ? 🙂 

1 hour ago, Tails94 said:

Thank you! Had a feeling with them two clashing. Are the timetables out on the Sziget website?

They were there yesterday, they’re not there anymore. But I’ve updated my clashfinder: https://clashfinder.com/s/sziget24/

The set times for Main Stage, Revolut Stage and The Buzz should be correct. Colosseum had only set times for Thursday and Friday so the rest is just a guess.

Edited by Newjem
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, SweetJesus said:

Big Thief - Fred Again

Brutal clash.

Will decide on the day, although I want to see Fred Again and perhaps have more opportunities seeing Big Thief at gigs again.

I tend to stay away from the main stage come headliners, prefer the chill around A38. After 6 days Big Thief looks like the winner on that one. 

Good lineup day Monday. Raye/yard act/Big thief/four tet. How people can moan about the lineup I dunno. 😀

Edited by thetime