Sziget Festival 2024

#1SzigetFan

11 minutes ago, 49Lawson said:

That's aged quite well looking at it but I'm sure I remember it getting absolutely torn apart on here when it was getting announced

Isn't that what line-up announcement day is all about? Moaning because you don't know/like most of the acts and then taking a proper listen to them on the run into the festival and realising they're great! Lol.

I'm sure I've moaned at every line-up announcement and then found loads of previously undiscovered gems!

Edited by billybigballs

4 hours ago, kristofm said:

Wow, so many of these names are around this year.
edit: btw Kasabian had one of the smallest crowds of these headliners that year. 

Well, their loss. I only got to see them this year at RW for the first time, without Tom, but they were FIRE.

Why have we never played with the idea of taylor swift closing the festival? Yes she is on her tour around europe, but not in hungary and she would actually sell out the day she would perform. She is a female, and a biggest pop star at the moment. Im sure sziget booking is really trying to get her, only question is how willing she is 

4 hours ago, lovorovlist said:

Why have we never played with the idea of taylor swift closing the festival? Yes she is on her tour around europe, but not in hungary and she would actually sell out the day she would perform. She is a female, and a biggest pop star at the moment. Im sure sziget booking is really trying to get her, only question is how willing she is 

Honestly, I think she’s just too big for festivals - except maybe Coachella and Glasto. There’s just very little reason for her to do a fest when she can sell out back to back stadium dates in her sleep. 

I think it would have to be something special to lure her away from her own shows and a random Hungarian festival that she may well have never heard of ain’t it unfortunately.