northernangel

12 hours ago, heartsink said:

Not sure if a real or a fake … 

6dfe3576-0f9a-4d87-aa54-46dbc59952ea.jpeg

Undercard is lacking I feel a bit.

10 hours ago, 49Lawson said:

Yeah that wouldn’t surprise me; that’s a massive level of detail for a fake. 

Out of all of the Superstruct headliners doing the rounds, with any luck that top right one is Biffy (very much doubt it).

Would accept Snow Patrol or Paolo Nutini if needs be. 

That's heavy detail to be fake. Biffy Clyro could potentially make this a goer as I need a reason to head to the Lake District....ideally not when swamped in summer holidays mind haha. Snow Patrol I'd rather be a sub, I like 3 songs but they are 3 I've not heard. My hunch for it is Fatboy Slim though....neither them or Fatboy are exclusives elsewhere I don't believe.

God when you look at Kasabian, Blossoms and Royal Blood last year, Y Not with RB, Kasabian and Weller really out did them and with Victorious.

9 hours ago, Goer190 said:

Now i really want Gary Neville B2B Tim Burgress to be at Kendal. I won't be happy if it's not

Yeah that's an odd one. I know Neville is a fan though. 

9 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Unless it's specifically Biffy I doubt I'll be convincing the other half to go with that lineup. 

Running out of festivals to announce a lineup we want before it becomes a year off, assuming there's no chance in the Glastonbury resale

Yup. I'd see Keans, The Reytons and probably Sugababes with no clashes but The Lancashire Hotpots are probably the best act on the underground through comedy value alone. Victorious have the chance to clear up. For me if Biffy would only maybe get me to Victorious then to this based on that lineup....they just aren't the band they were set wise now. Play me Saturday Superhouse again though.

16 minutes ago, northernangel said:

That's heavy detail to be fake. Biffy Clyro could potentially make this a goer as I need a reason to head to the Lake District....ideally not when swamped in summer holidays mind haha. Snow Patrol I'd rather be a sub, I like 3 songs but they are 3 I've not heard. My hunch for it is Fatboy Slim though....neither them or Fatboy are exclusives elsewhere I don't believe.

God when you look at Kasabian, Blossoms and Royal Blood last year, Y Not with RB, Kasabian and Weller really out did them and with Victorious.

I was sat this morning comparing the undercard to last year, and they end up being about the same for me in terms of acts I want to see, but this year's does look objectively cheaper. Last year was probably a bit more cohesive, but I feel that this year has a bit more I want to see that I've never seen before. Fatboy Slim would be very weak considering the undercard doesn't look like it's cost as much, but it would mean we could pack up and be home early on the Sunday. I'm keeping everything crossed for Biffy but I'll be surprised if it is them,  it could explain the undercard being a bit lacking if they've got a major headliner though.

Yeah, they were very good trios for festivals of this size (Kendal had Chic who were brilliant too on the Thursday). YNot tonight should give us some insight as to who the Sunday headliner is, with them being the same weekend we should be able to rule out one of Snow Patrol or Jamie T (unless NGHFB is the Sunday headliner at YNot haha)

10 minutes ago, 49Lawson said:

I was sat this morning comparing the undercard to last year, and they end up being about the same for me in terms of acts I want to see, but this year's does look objectively cheaper. Last year was probably a bit more cohesive, but I feel that this year has a bit more I want to see that I've never seen before. Fatboy Slim would be very weak considering the undercard doesn't look like it's cost as much, but it would mean we could pack up and be home early on the Sunday. I'm keeping everything crossed for Biffy but I'll be surprised if it is them,  it could explain the undercard being a bit lacking if they've got a major headliner though.

Yeah, they were very good trios for festivals of this size (Kendal had Chic who were brilliant too on the Thursday). YNot tonight should give us some insight as to who the Sunday headliner is, with them being the same weekend we should be able to rule out one of Snow Patrol or Jamie T (unless NGHFB is the Sunday headliner at YNot haha)

It feels a bit like the medium festivals have done their rotating of the bands available. I too would be surprised if it was Biffy Clyro, they said the biggest we've had but they would be stupid not to hype.

Kasabian, Blossoms, Royal Blood to Noel, The Streets, Biffy Clyro feels too heavy a step. I think the minute Biffy Clyro correctly two of these festivals, especially one down in size from Victorious as well the writing is on the wall. Wonder if Glastonbury could be the secret ticket that Biffy are doing instead, Sam Fender did both after all and the festivals are nowhere near each other.

I have just had a thought about the letter that Kendal put out between Christmas and New Year saying that the Saturday headliner pulled out. Wonder if this poster was made up before or after that and one of these bands are no longer playing?

4 minutes ago, 49Lawson said:

I have just had a thought about the letter that Kendal put out between Christmas and New Year saying that the Saturday headliner pulled out. Wonder if this poster was made up before or after that and one of these bands are no longer playing?

They have literally only just got the 5th headliner signed so I’d imagine that poster is accurate and that barring a couple of slight tweaks that’s what we’ll be seeing tomoz

They posted that their reveal on Thursday would include “all 5 headliners”.

The poster looks very convincing, though, so it could be an early version?

Sadly, I have to miss this year’s festival. If i could make it, there would be enough there to entertain me, if the leak is accurate.

You’d think the final headliner would be Jamie T, based on availability and how much they’ve tried to get him in the past. Biffy seems like a bit of a stretch, in my opinion.

3 hours ago, northernangel said:

Yeah that's an odd one. I know Neville is a fan though. 

Yeah the more i think about it the more I think Neville might actually be true & I for one can't wait 

Where does our co-head fit into this line up then? Can’t see anyone joining up alongside Noel or The Streets.

Thursday could be an option, looks like Paul Heaton is our headliner that day with Declan McKenna, The Hunna and Hardwicke Circus below. Kendal usually has five acts play the main stage on Thursday if i’m not mistaken but don’t think there’s room for another headliner as I can’t see Declan McKenna playing third down main-stage on the weakest day.

Sunday seems the most likely for our co-head now, I imagine a big act along the lines of Biffy or Catfish dropped out in favour of other shows and they’ve struggled to put something together, seeing as it’s a co-head I can’t see us getting Paolo or Jamie T in that slot now.

I’m thinking Keane have been bumped up to fill that slot and have had someone thrown in alongside them so it doesn’t seem too weak, Snow Patrol would be a good match.

Paul Heaton / Noel Gallagher / The Streets / Keane x Snow Patrol is my final guess, not too much longer to wait now at least.

If you haven't listened to them before I'd recommend giving The K's as listen. They've been touring solidly for about 5-6 years now and have an album coming out in the spring. Should be reasonably prominent on Main Stage/Calling Out. They opened a day 2 years ago on the Main Stage and seem to be heading in Snuts/Catfish type of trajectory.

1 hour ago, Goer190 said:

Yeah the more i think about it the more I think Neville might actually be true & I for one can't wait 

At this moment I'm looking at Reading for Blink day, Victorious maybe for Fatboy day. Glastonbury and Poole Harbour over Monument Fest which I'm happy with that. 

48 minutes ago, Bring Da Ruckus said:

Where does our co-head fit into this line up then? Can’t see anyone joining up alongside Noel or The Streets.

Thursday could be an option, looks like Paul Heaton is our headliner that day with Declan McKenna, The Hunna and Hardwicke Circus below. Kendal usually has five acts play the main stage on Thursday if i’m not mistaken but don’t think there’s room for another headliner as I can’t see Declan McKenna playing third down main-stage on the weakest day.

Sunday seems the most likely for our co-head now, I imagine a big act along the lines of Biffy or Catfish dropped out in favour of other shows and they’ve struggled to put something together, seeing as it’s a co-head I can’t see us getting Paolo or Jamie T in that slot now.

I’m thinking Keane have been bumped up to fill that slot and have had someone thrown in alongside them so it doesn’t seem too weak, Snow Patrol would be a good match.

Paul Heaton / Noel Gallagher / The Streets / Keane x Snow Patrol is my final guess, not too much longer to wait now at least.

I didn't know if they were trying to bill Declan as a co-head with Paul Heaton which made the most sense to me. You do make a very good point though about someone possibly dropping out.

Still unsure how Keane aren't an outright headliner here/would be seen as weak when I would argue they're probably (other than NGHFBs) the strongest band on their in terms of ticket sales. Nearly sold out an entire UK arena tour, and had to add a second date at London's O2 due to demand (which still has tickets left but only in the Gods). But then I suppose they are subjective and and then that's where a whole different argument comes into it...

3 minutes ago, 49Lawson said:

I didn't know if they were trying to bill Declan as a co-head with Paul Heaton which made the most sense to me. You do make a very good point though about someone possibly dropping out.

Still unsure how Keane aren't an outright headliner here/would be seen as weak when I would argue they're probably (other than NGHFBs) the strongest band on their in terms of ticket sales. Nearly sold out an entire UK arena tour, and had to add a second date at London's O2 due to demand (which still has tickets left but only in the Gods). But then I suppose they are subjective and and then that's where a whole different argument comes into it...

Declan doesn’t make sense to me as a headliner on the Thursday, he’s billed under Keane and Sugababes, can’t be a headliner if you’re not on the headline, pretty sure he’s just a very strong sub for Paul Heaton

2 minutes ago, 49Lawson said:

I'm guessing if Keane are playing but not headlining that they got booked before the arena tour was announced and sold better than expected.

Still hoping for Biffy, would make sense given they have more tickets to sell (and is more expensive) than y not/ truck.

17 minutes ago, Sparticus said:

I'm guessing if Keane are playing but not headlining that they got booked before the arena tour was announced and sold better than expected.

Still hoping for Biffy, would make sense given they have more tickets to sell (and is more expensive) than y not/ truck.

Kendall sells better than all of them probably due to location etc. They don't need Biffy to sell out. For many it's a weekend in the Lakes probably followed by a week either or side.

17 minutes ago, Bring Da Ruckus said:

Declan doesn’t make sense to me as a headliner on the Thursday, he’s billed under Keane and Sugababes, can’t be a headliner if you’re not on the headline, pretty sure he’s just a very strong sub for Paul Heaton

17 minutes ago, Sparticus said:

Yeah I think you're probably both right on both accounts. Biffy would be the best case scenario, and it wouldn't surprise me if they wanted a big Northern show as well as a South one if they're coming back. 

I still haven't fully ruled out the possibility of that Suede/MSP tour being extended to Kendal's Sunday night in my head, and I've realised however unlikely it is, Pulp don't have any UK shows in the diary for 2024 yet but are touring either side of Kendal but that's definitely a pipedream

I reckon Pulp will only do mainland Europe and probably Glasto too. 

I buy that lineup and it tracks with the last minute headliner thing that they were talking about. A bit unspectacular tbh but plenty there that I like so it's definitely a consideration. If it's real and the Sunday is a goodie, it'll sway me.

1 hour ago, DomDom1984 said:

I reckon Pulp will only do mainland Europe and probably Glasto too. 

I buy that lineup and it tracks with the last minute headliner thing that they were talking about. A bit unspectacular tbh but plenty there that I like so it's definitely a consideration. If it's real and the Sunday is a goodie, it'll sway me.

I think he Sunday is make or break as I could miss both main headliners. Keane and Reytons  as presumably subs is decent but I'd have to go Thursday too as both Paul and Declan are of interest. Maybe we get the version tomorrow with the Sunday.

20 minutes ago, Goer190 said:

Final predictions?

Poster real & early draft or fake? Who's final headliner (s) if real?

I think it’s real; think we might lose one or two names though. 

I don’t know how they’ll bill the 5 headliners, but I think it could be Wet Leg (small enough to warrant a Co-headline billing) with one of Jamie T, Snow Patrol or Paolo Nutini.

Just gonna cross my fingers for Biffy until then

18 minutes ago, Goer190 said:

Final predictions?

Poster real & early draft or fake? Who's final headliner (s) if real?

I think it’s close but poster well could be fake Heather small again this year ! 
Noel nailed on 

wetleg could be in there did you know that wetleg were plastic mermaids managed by a KC founder ! 

there’s a s suprise in the there somewhere this would be the 3rd year streets are booked could this be the year they finally turn up ! 

gotta say all pretty dull in my eyes across the board on all the festivals at the same time ! 

would of loved Duran Duran 90 mins of lots of peoples guilty pleasures