Latitude 2024

chrisplowman

19 hours ago, Chapple12345 said:

I'm not sure if they're a festival band, I could only see them playing the tent because they probably need an indoor venue to match the atmosphere of their music 

That's a point. Small stage at dusk.

16 hours ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

I don't think so, I keep expecting them to turn up at glasto or latitude and they haven't yet.  I think next year will see them at glasto.

...could do twilight on Park? Maybe?

9 hours ago, cinnamoncola said:

Do you think they are really not done with booking yet or why did they ask people just a few days ago to take a survey about who they want to see 2024? 

Would be fascinating to be a fly on the wall when all the festival booking takes place. I read in the Download forum that the booker contacted 21 possible headliners! 

They confirmed to have 2/3 headliners had been booked in August and I'd imagine the bulk of subs would be booked too, but imagine there's still a few lower slots to be filled up. I remember Emily Eavis saying bands are booked for festivals even a couple of months before gates open. I'd imagine the survey was for 3 things:

1: to see what sort of acts people want to see so they can book similar on the lower undercard for 2024

2: who to book to headline 2025

3: simply social media engagement/promoting their newsletters and so on

I think after selling out 2023 they want to keep the momentum going, I don't think there's some mass crisis of acts not wanting to play

Edited by Chapple12345
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Callum_96 said:

If I remember correctly The Smile played outside before Nick Cave on his day at All Points East last year (2022) so I can see them being down for a headline slot somewhere. Maybe here, be interested to see how the tour sells.

Good knowledge, yeah that is right. That APE day looked great. 

Now you've mentioned Nick Cave, he will have a new album next year, hasn't played for 15 years I think.....

I don't think it's that likely actually,  with Duran Duran there I think you need the other 2 headliners to be younger and broader in appeal, but would love it. 

2 hours ago, anditmakesmesmile said:

I saw Nick Cave do a solo performance in New York earlier this year. It would be amazing for him to do something like this on the lake in a  style similar to Damon Albarn's a couple of years ago

Was he actually solo or did he have Colin Greenwood in his back pocket?

1 hour ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

All would fit the vibe, but struggle to see SP and Weezer hanging around given their run is in June.

Yeah can't see SP or Weezer playing this year. Would love to see smashing pumpkins if they only played from the original run of albums before they split. Output since then has been.... inconsistent. 

30 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

Yeah can't see SP or Weezer playing this year. Would love to see smashing pumpkins if they only played from the original run of albums before they split. Output since then has been.... inconsistent. 

Now, in fairness, I have a major soft spot for Monuments to an Elegy. I could quite happily take three or four tracks off that.

But yes. You'd be wanting the hits and the classics.

• Upvote 1

On 11/17/2023 at 1:21 PM, NorthernSoul52 said:

Now, in fairness, I have a major soft spot for Monuments to an Elegy. I could quite happily take three or four tracks off that.

But yes. You'd be wanting the hits and the classics.

Yeah monuments to an elegy is decent. Being beige is a good song. Listened to that album a fair bit when it came out. 

Following the disappointment of missing out on Glasto it could be time to head up the A12 to Latitude again, last time was in 2019.
With this years headliners announced last October do you think there will be an announcement pre christmas?

A wish list would be 1 or 2 of Blur (never going to happen i know) Noel or Liam G, Sam Fender, Wet Leg, Lottery Winners, The Lathums, The Bracknell

2 hours ago, lendan said:

Following the disappointment of missing out on Glasto it could be time to head up the A12 to Latitude again, last time was in 2019.
With this years headliners announced last October do you think there will be an announcement pre christmas?

A wish list would be 1 or 2 of Blur (never going to happen i know) Noel or Liam G, Sam Fender, Wet Leg, Lottery Winners, The Lathums, The Bracknell

Theyve confirmed there will be more names before the end of the year so won't be too long, I'm wondering if ones left to announce have a shared headliners who they're waiting to announce together like when they all had Pulp 

• Like 1

Personally I have no interest in the TRNSMT lineup. I'd be so disappointed if we had one of those headliners. 

I don't think LG would necessarily attract "the wrong crowd" though it'll be a bit more blokey but it would be fine.

I think the only band on that poster I would like to see again is garbage. I would also like The last dinner party, but they played this year so probably won't be back for a year or two. 

• Upvote 1