Volunteering 2024

Chazwozza

I actually don’t feel too disheartened! 🙂 140 days to secure my place at Glastonbury feels like a challenge I can take on haha 

Had I planned a bit better I’d have done two other festivals to aim for priority next year, but hadn’t really considered it and trying to be extra careful with annual leave! Definitely something I’ll be looking at next year though 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, stuie said:

That said, spaces usually come up during the Oxfam office hours so if you’re desk based and work similar hours to that, you can just check for any changes on the page and then have a look what’s changed when it alerts you. You’ll already be logged in ready to go too.

I agree that Oxfam may release places in batches, particularly after the seetickets resale... but the timing of those batches was usually outside office hours - one was about 06:00 or 07:00 in the morning and another after 22:00 at night.

But thru stubbornness I was able to help a few people from this website to get places; and I suspect the pattern of places becoming available will be similar this year, right up to near the festival.

Edited by This_Fields_Good
Clarification about when places showed up last year...
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, amfy said:

I don’t think you’re being TOO positive @stuie because I think a lot will be successful, but I remember the first time I couldn’t get an actual ticket, nothing made me madder than people saying ‘ if you want one enough’ or ‘if you try hard enough’ or ‘if you prepare well enough’ you will get one.

I could not have wanted, tried or prepared any harder and still got nowhere near! I just have a feeling Oxfam volunteer places are sneaking in that same direction that’s all and I wouldn’t want anyone who didn’t get one to think that we think they didn’t really deserve it. 

I'd agree with that, just look at the Oxfam list now. Only 3 festivals available for them to do. They've also got one less festival this year and haven't added a new one for a little while. 

After We failed to get 2023 tickets ( main and resale) for the first time after over 20 Glastonbury’s we tried everything to get a volunteer spot/ entered every competition with no luck. My niece was determined to get priority for Oxfam this year so did 2 festivals- IoW and Boomtown. We failed again for 24 😫but she had Oxfam priority ready to apply only to be offered a rare litter picking crew place instead 😃 So you never know - sometimes the Glastonbury gods do shine through!! 

• Upvote 4

We got Oxfam places around 3 weeks before last year ( the 7am batch ) but the info from this forum was invaluable. This knowledge, persistence and patience definitely paid off. Did Latitude as well so had no issues this year through the priority window. 

• Upvote 1

I got numerous places for people via Oxfam thanks to the page checker advice given on this forum. Quickest way to complete the process was on my phone via Apple Pay.

My missus also got a few this way.

I reckon anybody who wants a space will pick one up this way. Have to be in it for the long haul though.

Good luck

4 minutes ago, faymondo said:

I got numerous places for people via Oxfam thanks to the page checker advice given on this forum. Quickest way to complete the process was on my phone via Apple Pay.

My missus also got a few this way.

I reckon anybody who wants a space will pick one up this way. Have to be in it for the long haul though.

Good luck

This just wasn't true last year, maybe different this time round, who knows.

1 hour ago, Leyrulion said:

Yeah there was definitely at least one person on here who I was trying to help out with a page checker and just never got through. Not a done deal anymore sadly.

It was i got my mate, my neice and nephew all at random times after the second Oxfam "sale" (Separate random places being returned)

I also got a couple of people places when the large 6.30am drop happened. I went upstairs and told my missus and she got two places for people she worked with. 

All details on last years thread.

Someone on here posted how to set up a google page checker and I subscribed to the paid alert once the free trial had run out. Got a couple via my iMac which took longer than the one I got on my iPhone as I had to put bank details in and verify. I have apple pay set up on my phone so that transaction was quicker.

All about speed when the alert went off as numerous people on here were also trying that were also successful.

So 100% true. 

Edited by faymondo

43 minutes ago, faymondo said:

It was i got my mate, my neice and nephew all at random times after the second Oxfam "sale" (Separate random places being returned)

I also got a couple of people places when the large 6.30am drop happened. I went upstairs and told my missus and she got two places for people she worked with. 

Someone on here posted how to set up a google page checker and I subscribed to the paid alert once the free trial had run out. Got a couple via my iMac which took longer than the one I got on my iPhone as I had to put bank details in and verify. I have apple pay set up on my phone so that transaction was quicker.

All about speed when the alert went off as numerous people on here were also trying that were also successful.

So 100% true. 

I wasn't doubting your experience but when you said "anybody who wants a space will pick one up this way", that wasn't true last year. Many people were just as organised as you and weren't able to sort it.

Edited by Leyrulion

I wasn't doubting your experience but when you said "anybody who wants a space will pick one up this way", that wasn't true last year. Many people were just as organised as you and weren't able to sort it.

Fair enough. Just found it relatively easy to pick up the many spaces we needed and a couple more. 

My tips would be you have to be ready at anytime. Have a few people on the go for you. In a couple of cases we got in for a person and paid twice and on one occasion three. Oxfam were very good in refunding the duplicate payment(s)

Hope everyone gets sorted.

7 hours ago, faymondo said:

So 100% true. 

Sorry - your missus doesn’t have you in the ball at 6.30am, then she’s not getting places for her mates. No one who doesn’t have to be up at that time is setting their alarm for before 6.30am in case Oxfam drop some places at that time randomly one day - no matter how organised they are or how much they want to go.

anyone who saw that, or got notified, got lucky, and some didn’t.

Hello all. Lifetime festival goer, and now my kids are all grown and can do their thing, I’m finally able to volunteer! I’m really excited at the prospect, and managed to get IOW and Latitude, but not Glastonbury yet. 
if anyone can advise… I’ve got Distil page checker, but when I put in the URL it reverts to checking the login page. Also , does it detect changes in the drop down menu? Or do I have to adjust that in a setting? 

saw one mention that it wasn’t certain whether spaces come up as people cancel. 
im wondering whether I’m wasting my time randomly checking when nobody is in the office to put returned places on! 😂 does a person manually re-list them could they trickle on at any time? 
thanks in advance for any help.. looking forward to meeting folk in the fields! 

Edited by acidstorm523

21 minutes ago, acidstorm523 said:

im wondering whether I’m wasting my time randomly checking when nobody is in the office to put returned places on! 😂 does a person manually re-list them could they trickle on at any time? 

It's tricky - partly because there'll be factors on this that are not visible to us, and also because there's at least reason to suspect that they've tried to make things fair and not give an advantage to people trying to camp out on the site.

But a couple things we can say with confidence - firstly that spaces have appeared at times that would be considered well outside of normal office hours, and secondly that there doesn't appear to be any direct correlation with when people post on here saying "I've just cancelled my place".

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, incident said:

It's tricky - partly because there'll be factors on this that are not visible to us, and also because there's at least reason to suspect that they've tried to make things fair and not give an advantage to people trying to camp out on the site.

But a couple things we can say with confidence - firstly that spaces have appeared at times that would be considered well outside of normal office hours, and secondly that there doesn't appear to be any direct correlation with when people post on here saying "I've just cancelled my place".

Thank you! It’s like death by a thousand paper cuts now 😂. The main sale is enough to send my ocd refreshing crazy.. now this for months! I’ve never worked out the page checkers, so it’s down to Lady Luck! 

5 hours ago, acidstorm523 said:

Hello all. Lifetime festival goer, and now my kids are all grown and can do their thing, I’m finally able to volunteer! I’m really excited at the prospect, and managed to get IOW and Latitude, but not Glastonbury yet. 
if anyone can advise… I’ve got Distil page checker, but when I put in the URL it reverts to checking the login page. Also , does it detect changes in the drop down menu? Or do I have to adjust that in a setting? 

Page checkers for Oxfam Stewards will only alert you if you are signed in to your Oxfam profile. I would recommend checking that you are still signed in every few hours. I believe the alert occurs if any of the festivals has a change wether it's places becoming full or places becoming available. I have used Google Page Monitor successfully on my laptop (I have it set to make a cuckoo sound 😂) in the past to obtain an Oxfam place for a friend at Boardmasters + Glastonbury campervan passes. You must set the frequency of the checks to the shortest possible time! Good luck! 😊

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, StoneCircle said:

Page checkers for Oxfam Stewards will only alert you if you are signed in to your Oxfam profile. I would recommend checking that you are still signed in every few hours. I believe the alert occurs if any of the festivals has a change wether it's places becoming full or places becoming available. I have used Google Page Monitor successfully on my laptop (I have it set to make a cuckoo sound 😂) in the past to obtain an Oxfam place for a friend at Boardmasters + Glastonbury campervan passes. You must set the frequency of the checks to the shortest possible time! Good luck! 😊

Thank you! It might be because I am trying to use the iOS app. I copy the url for the festival choice page properly signed in, but when I put it in Distil and check the link it takes me to the sign in page! 
I’ll give it a go on my laptop with a Google monitor and try that way - thanks for the tip! 

oh. I just went to screenshot it to demonstrate my dilemma and it was correct 😂😂. It must be the auto sign out! 

CORRECTION dear lord, yeah it did what I thought it would , Google it is! 

IMG_6479.png

Edited by acidstorm523

22 hours ago, amfy said:

Sorry - your missus doesn’t have you in the ball at 6.30am, then she’s not getting places for her mates. No one who doesn’t have to be up at that time is setting their alarm for before 6.30am in case Oxfam drop some places at that time randomly one day - no matter how organised they are or how much they want to go.

anyone who saw that, or got notified, got lucky, and some didn’t.

OK then scrub the two extra places my missus got. Knock my ones off as well at that above time.

I still got in on before the big drop on another 4 separate occasions for friends and family.

Luck or dedication ? 

Whoever I was trying for I was making sure I wasn't logged out of their Oxfam account when possible to make the process as quick as possible. 

I had my phone on me at all times (Got one whilst walking the dogs on their lead) 

Paid page checker (Distill)

Hundreds of false alarms with other festivals. At one point there was a slight pattern on the hour of places coming up if I remember correct.

Just passing my advice on for those who will be going down that route this year. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, acidstorm523 said:

Thank you! It might be because I am trying to use the iOS app. I copy the url for the festival choice page properly signed in, but when I put it in Distil and check the link it takes me to the sign in page! 
I’ll give it a go on my laptop with a Google monitor and try that way - thanks for the tip! 

oh. I just went to screenshot it to demonstrate my dilemma and it was correct 😂😂. It must be the auto sign out! 

CORRECTION dear lord, yeah it did what I thought it would , Google it is! 

IMG_6479.png

I used the google chrome browser on iMac and iPhone to get the places I wanted last year when using distill (Paid version) 

1 minute ago, faymondo said:

I used the google chrome browser on iMac and iPhone to get the places I wanted last year when using distill (Paid version) 

Thank you. I’m not sure where the glitch is arising! I’m copying the url from chrome on my phone into the distil app, making sure I’m freshly signed on. 
you can see on the screenshot that the url ends on “ festival role” as expected, but the page detail is the log in! 🙄🤨😬

6 hours ago, acidstorm523 said:

There are other options available. Check out this link. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JAcEC1skr5YsqgyIYUwy6_1HSRh0Fw_Ud0RkQaQIPkM/edit?usp=drivesdk

1 minute ago, Leyrulion said:

Awesome thank you! I haven’t been able to volunteer in the past, so the processes are new to me. That’s really useful! 😎

52 minutes ago, acidstorm523 said:

Thank you. I’m not sure where the glitch is arising! I’m copying the url from chrome on my phone into the distil app, making sure I’m freshly signed on. 
you can see on the screenshot that the url ends on “ festival role” as expected, but the page detail is the log in! 🙄🤨😬

I’ve just downloaded it and think I’m having the same issue 🤔🤔 no idea…Will try on my laptop tomorrow and see if it’s any different 

1 minute ago, thewomble said:

I’ve just downloaded it and think I’m having the same issue 🤔🤔 no idea…Will try on my laptop tomorrow and see if it’s any different 

Good luck, I’m going to give it a go too. Check in with any successes! 

29 minutes ago, thewomble said:

I just tried it on my laptop, again it took me to the login page, and after logging it says the page is blocked, so perhaps Oxfam is now trying to stop the checking