2000 Trees 2024

sacred shape

6 minutes ago, cdiwilliams said:

So Los Campesinos are clashing directly with Hot Mulligan, that is absolutely brutal. Seems like mutliple bands have multiple sets on the same day, like Grandson, The Rumjacks, there's probably others I can't spot right now

Honestly this clash may be the worst ive ever had at any festival 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, liamglastocrowhurst1 said:

Honestly this clash may be the worst ive ever had at any festival 

It seems like a really stupid clash, even clashing one of them with the Gaslight Anthem would have made way more sense

39 minutes ago, sacred shape said:

The Clashfinder.com clashfinder will be updated over the weekend

It was locked  awhile ago but is now unlocked and I have sussed how to split cells in Excel so am putting together a spreadsheet to update it. Should be done within the hour.

Few annoying clashes, a couple I can fix by seeing bands on the Wednesday (and tbf Dead Pony / The Xcerts & Vower / Every Hell are very different bands but still want to catch both sets)

But disappointed by Friday nights headliners are none are really doing it for me - will probably catch the chats but still think they're a weak headliner 

So we've got a mark & Me Presents TBA early afternoon in the Forest on Thursday, another early on the Friday, a late Afternoon in the Neu on Saturday and a Frank Turner Q&A and solo set early afternoon on Saturday. Am I missing any? Any thoughts?

Would absolutely kill for one of them to be another Hot Mully or Los Campesinos set so that it resolves that awful clash. Could maybe see it being a Mingle Harde set. They don't often have the TBAs be bands that aren't already there, so maybe a Death From Above set? Or Creeper?

Potentially go for Friday night and Saturday. 

Fri: Bob Vylan/Hot Milk/Empire State Bastard/Snayx

Sat: Dune Rats/The Xcerts/The Mysterines/Cleopatrick/Frank Turner/Creeper/Don Broco

So if my maths is right (it probably isn't) and if he doesn't announce anymore shows (he definitely will) before 2000 Trees Frank Turner will have dones 2906 shows, and after the Fest needs to be on show 2956 to reach 3000 for Ally Pally, so will obviously be doing 50 sets over the weekend 

13 hours ago, readingnotleeds said:

So if my maths is right (it probably isn't) and if he doesn't announce anymore shows (he definitely will) before 2000 Trees Frank Turner will have dones 2906 shows, and after the Fest needs to be on show 2956 to reach 3000 for Ally Pally, so will obviously be doing 50 sets over the weekend 

Isn't he doing something like 15 shows in a day over Europe sometime - or has that already happened?

51 minutes ago, GoodbyeLulu said:

The grandson v Blood Command clash is brutal for me. Can't really complain though as they have quite different sounds. Anyone else faced with some tough decisions?

I think Panic Shack vs Interlaker is my worst clash but again, very different bands.

3 hours ago, GoodbyeLulu said:

The grandson v Blood Command clash is brutal for me. Can't really complain though as they have quite different sounds. Anyone else faced with some tough decisions?

KIGH & Movements is my only real clash. Creeper vs Thrill Collins is an annoying one but not really a hard choice 

On 5/8/2024 at 5:55 PM, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

KIGH & Movements is my only real clash. Creeper vs Thrill Collins is an annoying one but not really a hard choice 

I'll definitely be watching Creeper but the new album (and most of what theyve done since their debut) just isn't doing it for me. 

Unlikely but did have an idea that Saturday's TBA on the neu stage could be them doing an older stuff set but thats probably wishful thinking 

9 hours ago, readingnotleeds said:

I'll definitely be watching Creeper but the new album (and most of what theyve done since their debut) just isn't doing it for me. 

Unlikely but did have an idea that Saturday's TBA on the neu stage could be them doing an older stuff set but thats probably wishful thinking 

They still play plenty of older stuff 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, readingnotleeds said:

Exit Child are taking a permanent hiatus so won't be playing the Wednesday anymore, disappointing cause I'd just started listening to them and was looking for to catching them 

BIg shame. I really liked the one song they released and they were great last year