2000 Trees 2024

sacred shape

Seems very possible the final headliner is Frank Turner.

It's been a few years since he played, and last year i'm certain there was a secret set which pulled out last minute that people speculated was Frank and the festival then confirmed they'll be back to headline next year. In addition to this Frank has a show on the 6th in the UK and then a couple other festivals in Latitude and Y Not.

FT.png

3 hours ago, Gozpot said:

Seems very possible the final headliner is Frank Turner.

It's been a few years since he played, and last year i'm certain there was a secret set which pulled out last minute that people speculated was Frank and the festival then confirmed they'll be back to headline next year. In addition to this Frank has a show on the 6th in the UK and then a couple other festivals in Latitude and Y Not.

FT.png

They didn't confirm they'd headline the next year, they said they'd try and make it work next year.

I think Frank is playing, could very well be headline if it's full band, could very well be a set in the forest as was planned last year if its just him solo 

The podcast that James Scarlett (Trees and ATG booker) and the Damnation booker have just started (2 Promoters, 1 Pod) is mint. Gives a really good insight into booking bands and issues like logo size on the poster. Dillinger was offered for all three fests, but James could only afford a third of their requested fee max, and also didn't want to book them just playing the first album. Their At The Drive In and Refused bookings sound like they kinda regret spending a lot of money on a reunion band. It's on Spotify, but there's a YT link too.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxZgB-AxWBjXjmgNJ8aLfrQ

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Some predictions (/hopes) for the announcement (I don't think we'll get the final headliner yet)...

Los Campesinos!, The Menzingers, Drug Church, Bleed From Within, Stray From The Path, SeeYouSpaceCowboy, Bilmuri, The Callous Daoboys, Dying Wish, Gel, King Prawn, The Subways, Speed, Tellison

Edited by Andrinald

1 hour ago, Andrinald said:

Some predictions (/hopes) for the announcement (I don't think we'll get the final headliner yet)...

Los Campesinos!, The Menzingers, Drug Church, Bleed From Within, Stray From The Path, SeeYouSpaceCowboy, Bilmuri, The Callous Daoboys, Dying Wish, Gel, King Prawn, The Subways, Speed, Tellison

Gel and Callous Daoboys are at Downlowd and have announced tours surrounding so can pretty much rule them out. Speed also don't seem to be sticking around after Download.

18 minutes ago, cdiwilliams said:

The way the festival keeps saying its the lineup SO FAR makes me very curious...

Can't see them saying "so far" in relation to this announcement?