Pyramid stage dimensions?

davefrompompey

Hi everyone! Hope you all had as much fun at Glastonbury as I did this year 🙂

Does anyone know where I can find the dimensions of the pyramid stage, and/or a template or diagram or something?

I want to make a scale model out of cardboard etc, but apparently my poor little arts and humanities brain is incapable of working out what shapes I need to cut out and how they fit together..

I tried a quick search but couldn’t find any previous threads on this.

Thanks in advance! 😄

From @incidentlink this is the relevant drawing. 

https://publicaccess.mendip.gov.uk/online-applications/files/CFBBC0ADF119664AE29B47FFD1EA3003/pdf/2022_2458_FUL-PYRAMID_STAGE-1287160.pdf

It gives you the overall dimensions but will need some extrapolation to work out the different panel sizes. 

@davefrompompey how intricate a model are you wanting to make?

11 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

It gives you the overall dimensions but will need some extrapolation to work out the different panel sizes. 

@davefrompompey how intricate a model are you wanting to make?

Thanks - that extrapolation is the bit I’m struggling with at the moment!

I’m not looking to make anything intricate at all really - I just have an old hello fresh box that I want to turn into a very basic model to house a speaker and some fairy lights. The main panel shapes/sizes I’m finding difficult to work out are bits for the front - what shape the extra triangles on the front of the pyramid need to be, and the two panels that form the ‘roof’ bit (if that makes any sense).

This was the original source 3D model I used to get the proportions to create my version. You will need sketchup to view it in 3D and I’m not sure how much you can do in the free version. 

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/2f3c95ae-d368-4b11-97ed-be3ca0108f34/Glastonbury-Pyramid-Stage?hl=en

Just now, squirrelarmy said:

This was the original source 3D model I used to get the proportions to create my version. You will need sketchup to view it in 3D and I’m not sure how much you can do in the free version. 

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/2f3c95ae-d368-4b11-97ed-be3ca0108f34/Glastonbury-Pyramid-Stage?hl=en

Awesome, thanks - I had spotted that on google, but no idea what sketchup is. I’m off to download it and faff about a bit! 🙂

2 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

On stage dimentions... was the other stage taller this year?  Looked it to me

It was taller. Probably 15 - 20 feet. Now they have the clearance for some more elaborate productions in the future if they want. The Tame Impala donut wouldve fit with this new stage.

Edited by Suprefan

Update:

I gave it a go. I f**ked it up in several different ways, but in the end I think it turned out ok (given my very low expectations 🙂)

The biggest thing I got wrong was not realising that even though the sides look like equilateral triangles when you look at them from the ground, because of the 30 degree slope, they're actually stretched out taller than that when you look at them flat. I used equilateral triangles, so I ended up with a squished pyramid...

Some pics:

image.thumb.jpeg.592f3c449aa9dd9d05f29fbc3e8771e9.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.df39dfec5ba9d3f407776b1c03051ed4.jpeg

And I put some lights in there to snazz it up a bit too:

image.thumb.jpeg.f70906a4fa3b486732b409b7e3edf6d9.jpeg

In case anyone wants it, here's the powerpoint I used to get the (fundamentally inaccurate) dimensions of all the bits of cardboard: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/455f13wnnbnlw0i9tsv3u/pyramid.pptx?rlkey=cm8mjcb5eq7g3oi890tm0spp4&dl=0 

Thanks to everyone who helped!

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, davefrompompey said:

Update:

I gave it a go. I f**ked it up in several different ways, but in the end I think it turned out ok (given my very low expectations 🙂)

The biggest thing I got wrong was not realising that even though the sides look like equilateral triangles when you look at them from the ground, because of the 30 degree slope, they're actually stretched out taller than that when you look at them flat. I used equilateral triangles, so I ended up with a squished pyramid...

Some pics:

image.thumb.jpeg.592f3c449aa9dd9d05f29fbc3e8771e9.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.df39dfec5ba9d3f407776b1c03051ed4.jpeg

And I put some lights in there to snazz it up a bit too:

image.thumb.jpeg.f70906a4fa3b486732b409b7e3edf6d9.jpeg

In case anyone wants it, here's the powerpoint I used to get the (fundamentally inaccurate) dimensions of all the bits of cardboard: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/455f13wnnbnlw0i9tsv3u/pyramid.pptx?rlkey=cm8mjcb5eq7g3oi890tm0spp4&dl=0 

Thanks to everyone who helped!

Looks great 🙂 nice1