The Stay at Home Clan

Monty Pythagoras

Planning to watch as much of the coverage as I can, like I do every year I’m not there. 
I get that some people will prefer to avoid all coverage so they don’t feel like they’re missing out, but it’s the total opposite for me. I love watching it all and reminiscing of the good times and I get enjoyment from knowing that everybody will be having the best time. 

Edited by st dan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, st dan said:

Planning to watch as much of the coverage as I can, like I do every year I’m not there. 
I get that some people will prefer to avoid all coverage so they don’t feel like they’re missing out, but it’s the total opposite for me. I love watching it all and reminiscing of the good times and I get enjoying knowing that everybody will be having the best time. 

Me too - and posting on here with my thoughts. Did this last year & had a blast with a bunch of others. Made me realise that not going was not the end of the world!

Yes will be watching on tv - and have kept my leave to relax and chill for a few days. In my head I know if I had got tickets I would’ve struggled this year due to a recent hip replacement and a dodgy other hip so wouldn’t have enjoyed it so much. In my heart I will miss being there ( only missed 2 others since 95) and it will be strange to stay at home. Hopefully in October we will be lucky again and I will have 2 new hops by next year! 🙂

I'll be doing the same as I have for the last 3 years and putting on a 3 day 'Glasthomebury'.

- Get a TV in the garden, dress it as a Pyramid and have the BBC live stream on each day.

- Stick some of the other live streams on in the living room or any other spare space I can find for a screen and speakers.

- Shove some speakers, strobes and smoke machine in the shed with a beer fridge and play a bunch of Mixcloud mixes from DJs who are appearing in Pilton.

- A ribbon tower, Arcadia spider, Sacred circle and 'Glastonbury' sign replicas, among other things will make an appearance

- Full menu of my favourite festival foods and a supply of homebrew cider.

- Switch out any photo frame in the house with photos I've taken at past festivals.

- Have an open door policy for neighbours, friends and family across the whole weekend.

Obviously it's not as good as the real thing and I'll no doubt wish I was on the farm at more than one point each day, but even during the lockdown years we still managed to have a great time taking some time away from work to eat, drink and enjoy some music with friends.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

First year in about 10 I have missed out. I am planning to max out bbc coverage in daytime hours 

it says they have live streams on iplayer from the 5 ‘main’ stages on all days so I should be able to get watch all the acts I would have watched on those stages. 

A question for anyone knows. How soon do the recorded sets get added? 

I normally binge a load when I get back on Monday and they are there then , but not sure when they appear 

as an example, if I decide to watch young fathers live on Fri eve (instead of Fred again), when would the Fred set be added to the player?

would be epic if it was almost immediate and I could start watching it after live headliner finished that eve . guess that’s a bit ambitious though?

39 minutes ago, internetjef said:

First year in about 10 I have missed out. I am planning to max out bbc coverage in daytime hours 

it says they have live streams on iplayer from the 5 ‘main’ stages on all days so I should be able to get watch all the acts I would have watched on those stages. 

I normally binge a load when I get back on Monday and they are there then , but not sure when they appear 

as an example, if I decide to watch young fathers live on Fri eve (instead of Fred again), when would the Fred set be added to the player?

would be epic if it was almost immediate and I could start watching it after live headliner finished that eve . guess that’s a bit ambitious though?

I think they get added to i-player the following day - you might get lucky & they put them on late at night.

From memory last year, they don't show the live streams until early afternoon, so you won't see the first couple of acts on each stage. Bit annoying, as I missed Ziggy Marley & The Libertines last year because of this!

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, internetjef said:

Heads up, as much as they do stream live sets form the main stages on all days (Fri-Sun) they haven't previously streamed ALL day. The streams started mid-afternoon, missing the first 2-3 acts each day and they won't necessarily have permission to show every set even once the streams start either.

As for when the sets land on iPlayer, it's some point through the night, I believe. I don't recall them being available the same day.

• Thanks 1

You can see a list of what is being streamed at https://www.bbc.co.uk/events/ec59hn/performances#all 

It looks like they are showing all Pyramid sets but starting around 2pm for the other stages and you'll be fine to see both Young Fathers and Fred Again at some point across the weekend, but might just have to wait a while for whatever one you don't watch live.

• Thanks 1

Thanks all this is really helpful.

sounds like I might have to find something else after live streams finish on Friday night , but by Saturday night headliner close , maybe some of the Friday sets I missed might have been uploaded 

not quite the same as normal trudge to Arcadia or south of east corner but it will have to do 

9 minutes ago, internetjef said:

Thanks all this is really helpful.

sounds like I might have to find something else after live streams finish on Friday night , but by Saturday night headliner close , maybe some of the Friday sets I missed might have been uploaded 

not quite the same as normal trudge to Arcadia or south of east corner but it will have to do 

Pretty sure fridays sets will be available on Saturday - they were last year anyway.

• Thanks 1

First fest I'm missing since 2008, and no idea how I'll approach it til the day tbh. The other half is on nights all weekend, so the days will be spent entertaining the kids. Reckon an outdoor TV and a fire for the evenings might be in order tho