Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

12 minutes ago, foolee said:

Tool rumoured apparently according to someone on festileaks

Am I missing something? The latest entry there is a week old.

I can see them do the usual circuit of late June/July fests rather than PS. Something like Werchter or Graspop, Mad Cool, Pinkpop, Hellfest or maybe Copenhell.

Imho they are too big/expensive and too far off from the core audience of PS.

Edited by Quadrophobia

1 hour ago, Quadrophobia said:

I can see them do the usual circuit of late June/July fests rather than PS. Something like Werchter or Graspop, Mad Cool, Pinkpop, Hellfest or maybe Copenhell.

I don't think they're doing that run, they're rumoured to be in Europe end of May, which is why there are particular rumours for PS

2 hours ago, Quadrophobia said:

Tool is a band that I feel would fit PS musically, but still wouldn't be booked. Also there are allegations against Maynard Keenan that PS would have to answer questions about.

Those allegations were from an anonymous person on Twitter and no follow-up stuff ever came from it. Any one of us could have posted something like that.

1 hour ago, Quadrophobia said:

I think people are referring to this ,

Screenshot_20231108-172748.png

Screenshot_20231108-184148.png

Is there set dates certain bands/artists play? So like people say a Spanish act is usual for the Saturday etc. so are certain acts like Tool, Travis Scott, Pulp, Bob Vylan & Amyl & The Sniffers expected for certain days? If those artists were to be there. 

46 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

A mix between PJ Harvey, Pulp, Tool, Travis Scott, SZA and Karol G would be amazing tbh, it would satisfy everyone 

It would be a compromise but it certainly wouldn’t satisfy everyone, including me who could previously count on wanting to see almost all of the headliners (ie the Radiohead, LCD, Sigur Ros,  PJ Harvey, Tame Impala, Brian Wilson /Pet Sounds year) rather than what we now have which is only a couple of indie headliners so more diluted at the top line.

• Upvote 2

If we rely on rumoured artists + active artists + artists who would be logical to see there we would have: 

tool

the cure 

bad bunny/travis scott 

sza

massive attack 

lana del rey 

pulp

pj harvey 

fka twigs 

definitely too much imo. Maybe with the big rapper out (travis scott/bad bunny) it could work but I don't know 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, xxialac said:

It would be a compromise but it certainly wouldn’t satisfy everyone, including me who could previously count on wanting to see almost all of the headliners (ie the Radiohead, LCD, Sigur Ros,  PJ Harvey, Tame Impala, Brian Wilson /Pet Sounds year) rather than what we now have which is only a couple of indie headliners so more diluted at the top line.

Don't think we'll ever get a line up like that again to be honest. There will be pop/urban/non-indie headliners and I would be really happy if Tool, PJ, Pulp and maybe someone like Lana are on the poster, together with a decent undercard to have a nice alternative during acts like Travis, SZA etc.

Just now, Whos3000_ said:

If we rely on rumoured artists + active artists + artists who would be logical to see there we would have: 

tool

the cure 

bad bunny/travis scott 

sza

massive attack 

lana del rey 

pulp

pj harvey 

fka twigs 

definitely too much imo. Maybe with the big rapper out (travis scott/bad bunny) it could work but I don't know 

you can scratch off FKA twigs, The cure, Lana off this list for now as there are no rumours for them touring next year as far as i know. Travis is active next year as I know someone has said some gigs in the UK are booked.

7 minutes ago, Marty76 said:

Don't think we'll ever get a line up like that again to be honest. There will be pop/urban/non-indie headliners and I would be really happy if Tool, PJ, Pulp and maybe someone like Lana are on the poster, together with a decent undercard to have a nice alternative during acts like Travis, SZA etc.

Completely agree.

On a separate not tomorrow is the (gulp) 30th anniversary of Enter The Wu Tang (36 Chambers).

Get as many of them as possible back to Barcelonia to play it in full please.

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

Completely agree.

On a separate not tomorrow is the (gulp) 30th anniversary of Enter The Wu Tang (36 Chambers).

Get as many of them as possible back to Barcelonia to play it in full please.

I saw them in Dublin a few years ago and honestly it was the most disappointing gig I've ever been to. I'd still probably go to their set if they were booked but they're so hit or miss live even if you can get most of them on stage - which seems a task in itself.

13 hours ago, Boss89 said:

There's almost every year atleast one band that you can kind of fit in that box (see list below). But indeed Dropkick Murphys does not fit Primavera at all.

Circle Jerks, Iggy Pop, The Distillers, Turbonegro or Misfits would be a good fit if they're touring.

2023: Bad Religion / Unwound

2022: Bikini Kill

2019: Jawbreaker / Stiff Little Fingers

2018: ?

2017: Descendents / The Damned

2016: Drive Like Jehu

Bikini Kill drop in the last minute in 2022, but, they are playing in 2024 (touring South America in March).

Iggy Pop was in 2020 poster, but didn´t come back.

Misfits, if comes the original line up with Danzig and Doyle, they could easily headline. Touring since 2016, never played outside US, an amazing show, and a classic band.

1 hour ago, UsernameHere said:

I saw them in Dublin a few years ago and honestly it was the most disappointing gig I've ever been to. I'd still probably go to their set if they were booked but they're so hit or miss live even if you can get most of them on stage - which seems a task in itself.

They were a lot of fun the last time they played Primavera though did indeed miss not having Method Man or Raekwon show up.

Best way to keep the tight set is to play a classic Wu album not too many individuals’ songs (even though they have many classics).

13 hours ago, SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot said:

Those allegations were from an anonymous person on Twitter and no follow-up stuff ever came from it. Any one of us could have posted something like that.

There have been several across Twitter and reddit. And of course you'd stay anonymous as a survivor, if you have seen how other survivors are treated. Its also an open secret Maynard has a similiar system to that of Rammstein.

I'm not weighing in on the debate itself, but Tool would obviously be inconsistent with PS policy. Even if the rape accusations were false, the fact alone he has an established system to pick girls from the audience to have sex with - often much younger ones - is an absolute red flag by the standards PS employs.

Edited by Quadrophobia
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

I'm not saying he's booked, but Frank option just dropped a snippet of a new song on insta

Impossible, specially at Primavera. And after that Coachella set many festivals wouldn't risk to book him, absolutely would love to see him at least once but I think it will be limited to some pop up shows once in every 5 years or so. 

11 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

Impossible, specially at Primavera. And after that Coachella set many festivals wouldn't risk to book him, absolutely would love to see him at least once but I think it will be limited to some pop up shows once in every 5 years or so. 

I didn't say he was booked...