Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

Just now, festivalguy97 said:

Lana, The National, Kylie, Pulp, Jane’s Additction, Karol G + maybe Bad Bunny and The Cure for headliner?

Not a bad lineup to be honest, specially the undercard this year seems to be very good also 

And PJ Harvey...

And have to agree on the undercard. So many options!

Just now, Marty76 said:

As Iceage will be Mitski's support act in her pre Primavera shows, there's a decent chance of them being on the undercard. Would be great!

Yes, I think it’s gonna be an amazing lineup if it ends up with those headliners and that undercard. If you don’t want to see Karol G or Bad Bunny, I’m pretty sure there will things like Mitski or Icegage to check.

For my money Lana Del Rey, The National, Kylie, Pulp, Jane’s Addiction, PJ Harvey, Mitski, Karol G and Bad Bunny/The Cure would be the least interesting set of PS headliners for as long as I can remember.

On the other hand, I have total confidence that the rest of the bill will be fresh and exciting and still a tonne I would want to see.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

For my money Lana Del Rey, The National, Kylie, Pulp, Jane’s Addiction, PJ Harvey, Mitski, Karol G and Bad Bunny/The Cure would be the least interesting set of PS headliners for as long as I can remember.

On the other hand, I have total confidence that the rest of the bill will be fresh and exciting and still a tonne I would want to see.

What headliners would you prefer out of curiosity? 

58 minutes ago, SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot said:

Could be, but her new album flopped so I doubt she'll be a headliner.

She's still a great performer,  and even though the latest album was not as good as Dirty Computer, I can see her headlining. Probably the smaller of the day, but it's not like there are too many options out there 

Edited by JedTheHumanoid

5 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I tend to agree, with the exception of 2019. But Lana's on my to see list for a long time and I'm a massive PJ Harvey fan and somehow managed to always miss Pulp, so for me this would work. Also because I have to accept that there will be pop headliners, unlike 2016 where the line up was almost 100% to my taste.

7 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Agreed, aside from Pulp and Mitski i’d avoid seeing those, the undercard would have a lot of work to do for me personally

Just now, xxialac said:

Don't know and I appreciate that PS can only book who's available! Guess I had been hoping for some new reunions this year like Portishead, mbv, Sufjan Stevens, and a classic act like Neil Young.

I would prefer all of those, but like you allude to we have to be realistic. 

I think recently with festivals I have learnt to not expect such outlandish names, I'm immediately more hyped for the headliners even if all of them aren't my bag. Lana for example atrocious booking given her attitude to playing live (glasto 2023).

9 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Give me The Smile, Grandaddy, Belle and Sebastian, DCFC and maybe Postel Service as mid-level, and I'll forgive any headliners they put

• Upvote 3

It's all very personal this, as ever, but Pulp feels to me less exciting than it would have done last year. Mitski also has already toured to hell (and I'm in a seeming minority that prefers her early stuff). And as well as her pathetic behaviour at Glastonbury (turning up unprofessionally late and slagging off the festival for not highlighting her name on the poster) LDR seems to me a pretty dull performer. The National, well, I sort of love them but maybe time for them to have a few years away.

PJ Harvey I always welcome and it's been a long time and Jane's Addiction is a cool booking. And there'll never be a moment where something amazing isn't happening.

Edited by xxialac

11 minutes ago, xxialac said:

It's all very personal this, as ever, but Pulp feels to me less exciting than it would have done last year. Mitski also has already toured to hell (and I'm in a seeming minority that prefers her early stuff). And as well as her pathetic behaviour at Glastonbury (turning up unprofessionally late and slagging off the festival for not highlighting her name on the poster) LDR seems to me a pretty dull performer. The National, well, I sort of love them but maybe time for them to have a few years away.

PJ Harvey I always welcome and it's been a long time and Jane's Addiction is a cool booking. And there'll never be a moment where something amazing isn't happening.

Agree with all but Pulp, saw them in July and will love to see them again.

I hope we'll be surprised with a name no one expected, PSB and New Order came as complete surprises last time

Saw Lana many times and its super mixed, all over the place. Some early shows way back 10 years ago fall among the worst shows I have ever seen, just awful and border line embarrassing.

On the other hand, some of her shows I saw in the past 6 months are among the best shows I ever saw.

She just aint a natural live performer, she's not a fan of it, but when she has a good day and is into it, its absolutely brilliant.

Death cab is a cool booking and I reckon LDR status as one of the most important artist of the moment is undeniable but I agree that pulp + pj is not enough to get me excited, especially after these last 2 years. We shouldn’t let them get away with giving us national again and nothing else strong. I really would like something as massive attack to balance this line up 

Edited by Whos3000_

10 minutes ago, Whos3000_ said:

Of all these names, how many headliner slots do we have filled for sure? I feel like LDR is a full ci-headline slot while pulp, pj, the national and kylie minogue would all be 3rd slot 

I’m pretty sure there will be other things that we haven’t discussed yet. And tbh if they actually manage to bring Bad Bunny, (very hard and expensive) they are pretty much covered, as he’s the most listened artist at the moment. Plus Lana and Karol G, every young person until 25+ would love to see those artists.

I understand that for the people that expect more rock/alternative headliners, it’s not the best thing. There’s not many big bands touring next year. The only ones that come to my mind are The National and still they are repetitive. Massive Attack, The Cure could be nice, but who knows. Maybe Primavera is going to pull off a surprise like Talking Heads but I also doubt that. It’s just the reality of the next year, and there’s not much they can do. And ofc they’re not going to book touring bands like Green Day or Foo Fighters, it doesn’t fit them. So what else can they do if there’s no one else touring? Im pretty sure they are going to compensate us with second row bands like Pulp and PJ Harvey plus with smaller artists.