Michaels involvement

bigbilly

I met him in the wall of death in 2011. didn't realize he was stud next to me till i overheard him laughing.

then in 2019 i was watching skinny lister in the avalon on sunday afternoon when the front man dan told a story how they where late arriving and only just made it. he said if it wasn't for Michael giving them a lift from the main gate the band wouldn't of made it.

Dan then said so thanks for the lift Michael and waved to his right, when i turned to see who he waved at Michael had drove the front of his landrover into the tent and was watching from the drivers seat.

after the set he posed for selfies and shook hands with whoever wanted too.

I saw him around 2017 in the Kidz field, he was just looking around and amazingly he wasn't getting massive attention

but on the way out I saw him later, just outside the side entrance next to the acoutsic tent, getting mobbed by some extremely boisterous large early 20yo shouting "micheal, micheal..." he looked a slighlty off guard (as anyone would, being physically grabbed) but he pulled away from them acting very calmly and jumped in to buggy thing.

Whilst all this was happening he still said hello to a few other (nicer acting) people - he must have a lot of patience and be used to this type of attention

1 hour ago, bucko said:

then in 2019 i was watching skinny lister in the avalon on sunday afternoon when the front man dan told a story how they where late arriving and only just made it. he said if it wasn't for Michael giving them a lift from the main gate the band wouldn't of made it.

Dan then said so thanks for the lift Michael and waved to his right, when i turned to see who he waved at Michael had drove the front of his landrover into the tent and was watching from the drivers seat.

after the set he posed for selfies and shook hands with whoever wanted too.

That's when I got this photo. Top bloke 😃

FB_IMG_1686861253507.jpg

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bob323 said:

I saw him around 2017 in the Kidz field, he was just looking around and amazingly he wasn't getting massive attention

but on the way out I saw him later, just outside the side entrance next to the acoutsic tent, getting mobbed by some extremely boisterous large early 20yo shouting "micheal, micheal..." he looked a slighlty off guard (as anyone would, being physically grabbed) but he pulled away from them acting very calmly and jumped in to buggy thing.

Whilst all this was happening he still said hello to a few other (nicer acting) people - he must have a lot of patience and be used to this type of attention

I saw him walking along the path past Hawkwell that year, totally chill, just on his own past the tents. He didn't get mobbed or anything, just gave a wave to everyone shouting hello to him.

Top bloke.

I had the total coincidental pleasure of meeting him on a train from Edinburgh to Bristol last year. He’d been up to Perth to see family. We talked for about 20 mins. Was absolutely surreal seeing him in the platform in Edinburgh ‘it can’t be him… can it?’ 

Got to thank him for everything and tell him how much the festival meant to me. Great memory. 

B12858C5-8868-4572-9870-85C17721B6A0.jpeg

Edited by MichaelsBeard
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 6

10 hours ago, MichaelsBeard said:

I had the total coincidental pleasure of meeting him on a train from Edinburgh to Bristol last year. He’d been up to Perth to see family. We talked for about 20 mins. Was absolutely surreal seeing him in the platform in Edinburgh ‘it can’t be him… can it?’ 

Got to thank him for everything and tell him how much the festival meant to me. Great memory. 

B12858C5-8868-4572-9870-85C17721B6A0.jpeg

Did you mention that your username on a popular festival forum is inspired by his facial hair? 😃

Just seen a picture of him in a wheelchair.. Not looking great.. It comes to us all but I really am hoping that he's OK 

Personal message to the man.. If anyone near him reads this 

You bring joy and happiness to 100000s and I personally and I'm sure I say it for 100000smore in wishing you all the best health and good vibes for years to come.. 

Guyoldson 

• Like 1