Arcadia 2023

stuie

46 minutes ago, svphie said:

anyone familiar with camping on the west side of the fest and the noise from Arcadia? its likely we'll be up late most of the time, but have a friend who is concerned when I said lets try to camp in Paines ground. not sure how late it goes on too...

I  camp in the arcadia crew camp so coudnt get any closer. Its actually prerry sweet as music doesnt start till 8-9 ish and finishes at 3 so a reletively short window and if your out anyway all good. Theres more late noght noise TBH from the park with some stages open all night till 6am 

• Like 1

Just now, bigbilly said:

I  camp in the arcadia crew camp so coudnt get any closer. Its actually prerry sweet as music doesnt start till 8-9 ish and finishes at 3 so a reletively short window and if your out anyway all good. Theres more late noght noise TBH from the park with some stages open all night till 6am 

Yip. Plus the Park starts sound checking at like 9am, so wakey wakey.

1 hour ago, bigbilly said:

thanks all. good point about the park didn't think of that. I think we'll most likely end up top left in paines ground if we do get a spot there. perhaps far enough away from the park

4 hours ago, svphie said:

anyone familiar with camping on the west side of the fest and the noise from Arcadia? its likely we'll be up late most of the time, but have a friend who is concerned when I said lets try to camp in Paines ground. not sure how late it goes on too...

We camp in Paines not too far from Arcadia and not found the noise that bad.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, Obiginnaw said:

it's very clever and i'm all for it being run on renewable energy of course. i do worry that it has the potential to seem a bit lesser this year as a compromise 

I’d suggest with the money they gained from the World Cup visit I don’t think things will be worse … my expectations have risen for the new evolvement next year . 

Just now, Crazyfool01 said:

I’d suggest with the money they gained from the World Cup visit I don’t think things will be worse … my expectations have risen for the new evolvement next year . 

hope you're correct, it doesn't need a lot, although i'm sceptical about the expansion of the field area if they haven't boosted their sound quality, as last year we weren't exactly miles away but the sound fell away 

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

yep heard that too ... question is is it the new sea king or not ? 

No one was giving anything away lol