2023 Traffic Management Plan

parsonjack

Link below to the newly published Traffic Management Plan for 2023 festival giving details of road closures etc.

https://somersetcc.sharepoint.com/sites/SCCPublic/Traffic Regulation Orders/Forms/AllItems.aspx?id=%2Fsites%2FSCCPublic%2FTraffic Regulation Orders%2FVarious Roads - Glastonbury Festival 2023 temp TRO.pdf&parent=%2Fsites%2FSCCPublic%2FTraffic Regulation Orders&p=true&ga=1

I'll give it a good looking over and report back any changes but a swift view looks like nothing significant has changed from 2022.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Link below to the newly published Traffic Management Plan for 2023 festival giving details of road closures etc.

https://somersetcc.sharepoint.com/sites/SCCPublic/Traffic Regulation Orders/Forms/AllItems.aspx?id=%2Fsites%2FSCCPublic%2FTraffic Regulation Orders%2FVarious Roads - Glastonbury Festival 2023 temp TRO.pdf&parent=%2Fsites%2FSCCPublic%2FTraffic Regulation Orders&p=true&ga=1

I'll give it a good looking over and report back any changes but a swift view looks like nothing significant has changed from 2022.

Can't seem to sign in or see anything? 

Just now, Avalon_Fields said:

A quick getaway is unlikely until later in the day - or leave very early - as per the festival advice:

BB127BF7-239E-473E-8D88-22F3AF70F426.jpeg

I was just about to ask about this in the Questions section. In 2017, I got a taxi at about 9am from north of the Crown Pilton. Reading through the regulation orders it sounds like there's only a block 20 metres up Totterdown Lane, which was the same in 2017. But that year we left quite early, this year I was wondering if I could get away around 2pm through the back roads in much the same manner. But perhaps not...

3 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

A quick getaway is unlikely until later in the day - or leave very early - as per the festival advice:

BB127BF7-239E-473E-8D88-22F3AF70F426.jpeg

It's a while since I last drove - but I reckon that advice is a bit over cautious regarding later in the day. I reckon that unless there's mud induced problems you should be able to get away fairly cleanly after 2pm or so.

14 minutes ago, incident said:

It's a while since I last drove - but I reckon that advice is a bit over cautious regarding later in the day. I reckon that unless there's mud induced problems you should be able to get away fairly cleanly after 2pm or so.

I agree . We always leave at around 10.30 and don’t have much of a delay getting out on to the main roads these days . Worst wait has been an hour tops 

12 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Seems like it could be fine. I might throw caution to the wind and just go for it as the taxi will pick me up behind the blocked road signs, meaning we'll be able to beat the traffic. In theory anyway... 

If you're getting a taxi you'll be fine, the big delays are getting out of the car parks. At the taxi pick up point you don't have to compete with thousands of other car parks trying to leave from the same gate.

Haha I’ve had totally different parking experiences.

The last few festivals have been carnage on the Monday afternoon. Mainly due to a lack of exit signage and stewards around.

It took us 4 hours last year in a far-out Pink car park.

2 hours ago, andymk said:

If you're getting a taxi you'll be fine, the big delays are getting out of the car parks. At the taxi pick up point you don't have to compete with thousands of other car parks trying to leave from the same gate.

That's what I was thinking. Cars are forced to go down the A-roads as well, although not sure how far until they can get onto the back roads.

• 11 months later...
1 hour ago, Rula912 said:

Is there a map anywhere of the roads around that are closed on the Tuesday before the festival please.  All the links are orders.  TIA 😊

Not aware of any map.... although I seem to remember someone on here marked them all up a few years back.

Is there any particular route etc that you're interested in?  Being local I might be able to advise.....

19 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Not aware of any map.... although I seem to remember someone on here marked them all up a few years back.

Is there any particular route etc that you're interested in?  Being local I might be able to advise.....

I’m staying in Glastonbury town a few days before the festival but staying in east CV.  Rather than going along A361 past Pilton to A37 I was wondering about the possibility/sense of dropping down to A37 via Baltonsborough.  Caravan is pre sited so it just a car not a motorhome I’m driving

I don'r think any roads are shut on the Tuesday, might be limited access in the village but the main roads will be open. You should have no issues getting from Glastonbury town to the east of the site. If you do the A361 past the site you might queue for a few min but it won't be bad. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rula912 said:

I’m staying in Glastonbury town a few days before the festival but staying in east CV.  Rather than going along A361 past Pilton to A37 I was wondering about the possibility/sense of dropping down to A37 via Baltonsborough.  Caravan is pre sited so it just a car not a motorhome I’m driving

You’ll be fine driving from Glastonbury toward Pilton on the A361 as long as it’s before 22:00ishish. 

It’s the route I take from my home in Glastonbury back to my trading pitch on the Tuesday evening. 

Posted (edited)

Schedule 7 of the 2023 Traffic Management Plan (linked at start of thread) refers to prohibiting a right turn from the A361 into A37 from 0800 on the Monday before the festival.

The right turn in question is required to get to East CV parking if you were to approach Eastbound from Glastonbury and through Pilton village.  Although the main A361 Eastbound through the village may itself be open you may find that on reaching the junction you were then forced to take a left turn towards Shepton Mallet, and to then do a 360 at the next island to then head south down the A37 (past the junction you've just turned left at ...) towards East CV access.

This would not be a significant diversion and assuming light traffic on Tuesday would be feasible for you 

Your alternative idea of heading South East to Baltonsborough to then join A37 northbound would also be feasible as this route is not subject to any closures, but is a longer route.

Edited by parsonjack