Worthy view

Phatcamel

2 hours ago, Phatcamel said:

If i got a ticket in resale and my friends booked worthy view back in November but had a spare place will i be able to get in with them ?

Resale was yesterday so unless you got one then I am afraid you have missed out. The answer would be yes had you got a place.

8 hours ago, Phatcamel said:

If i got a ticket in resale and my friends booked worthy view back in November but had a spare place will i be able to get in with them ?

@Wherethewildthingsare2  His question was if he got a ticket in the resale, he posted the question after the reale, this question wasn't about Thursdays resale but about him getting an actual ticket in the resale which took place yesterday.

Edited by StoneCircle

6 hours ago, StoneCircle said:

Resale was yesterday so unless you got one then I am afraid you have missed out. The answer would be yes had you got a place.

Sorry, dont know why i was talking in different tenses. I did get a ticket luckily and some friends of mine have a spare place in worthy view so would i be able to go in with them

19 minutes ago, Phatcamel said:

Sorry, dont know why i was talking in different tenses. I did get a ticket luckily and some friends of mine have a spare place in worthy view so would i be able to go in with them

Probably the excitement of getting a ticket! Well done! Yes you will be able to join them, they will ask for final names a week before the festival. THe information in the screenshot can be found here 😃https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/accommodation/pre-erected-camping/worthy-view-pre-erected-camping/booking-info/

Screenshot 2023-04-24 20.57.42.png

1 minute ago, StoneCircle said:

Probably the excitement of getting a ticket! Well done! Yes you will be able to join them, they will ask for final names a week before the festival. THe information in the screenshot can be found here 😃https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/accommodation/pre-erected-camping/worthy-view-pre-erected-camping/booking-info/

Screenshot 2023-04-24 20.57.42.png

Thanks 🙏 

1 hour ago, StoneCircle said:

@Wherethewildthingsare2  His question was if he got a ticket in the resale, he posted the question after the reale, this question wasn't about Thursdays resale but about him getting an actual ticket in the resale which took place yesterday.

I assume Phatcamel was using a conditional tense else that’s really speculative! 

32 minutes ago, Phatcamel said:

If they have a spare place (ie spare capacity in their tent, 3 people in a 4 person) then you could be added to their order. Depending upon on what they already have this might be cosy. Another option would be to try for a bigger tent in the resale and cancel the first one. You lose £50 but it might actually be cheaper over all

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, clarkete said:

You're travelling with friends who are staying in WV? 

8 hours ago, clarkete said:

You're travelling with friends who are staying in WV? 

I’m staying in WV. Others aren’t but thinking I can set up tent for them as I’ll get in early doors 

On 6/17/2023 at 12:39 PM, Armourman said:

Can you take tents i to arena fro. Worthy view ? Thinking we are closer to Pennards and will get I. Early to grab a spot 

Yes you can (within reason). We took a spare one year for friends camping in Baileys. You’re about a 15 min walk downhill from Pennards. 

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Chef said:

Just got my email with tent location in Worthy View but the map of the camp site only breaks it down by area. Got any more detail with the rows on to work out roughly where it will be? 

There's a WV facebook group and everyone is the same. Tent number and row but no zone info. Not sure if the numbers and rows are replicated in zones or whether we can figure it out when we get there but that could be chaos. Theres a reception on WV where you can check this kind of thing but imagine it'll be busy tomorrow if everyone needs their zone finding manually. 

Thought I'd add some thinkings on WV this year. Think it's the 3rd time I've stayed there, 15,17 and now 23.

It's always a dream for parking, quick access to a nice pre-built tent and nice quick walk into the heart of the festival, with a mega view from the top of the hill too.

But, as with a lot of the festival this year, it felt mega busy. Every day the queues for loos, showers, coffee and food were so  enormous that most people didn't seem to really know what they were even queueing for.  By 8.30am you were looking at 30 mins + wait for all of the above. I had my first ever Glastonbury showers after being awake at 7am a couple of times, they are a top way to start the day if you beat the queues or can be arsed to wait.

The loos and showers are excellent, but there needs to be 2x as much provision somehow. Not sure how much WV capacity has gone up over the years, but doesn't feel like the facilities have expanded to match the number of campers. 

Could do with at least a couple each of extra food and coffee spots, not least to take the load off the poor couple of vendors who looked absolutely dead by Sunday after 5 big days.

Anyway, just thinking out loud having just got home.

Would definitely do WV again, but seems to be some easy ways to make it even better. 

• Like 1

On 6/26/2023 at 7:13 PM, tom22 said:

Thought I'd add some thinkings on WV this year. Think it's the 3rd time I've stayed there, 15,17 and now 23.

It's always a dream for parking, quick access to a nice pre-built tent and nice quick walk into the heart of the festival, with a mega view from the top of the hill too.

But, as with a lot of the festival this year, it felt mega busy. Every day the queues for loos, showers, coffee and food were so  enormous that most people didn't seem to really know what they were even queueing for.  By 8.30am you were looking at 30 mins + wait for all of the above. I had my first ever Glastonbury showers after being awake at 7am a couple of times, they are a top way to start the day if you beat the queues or can be arsed to wait.

The loos and showers are excellent, but there needs to be 2x as much provision somehow. Not sure how much WV capacity has gone up over the years, but doesn't feel like the facilities have expanded to match the number of campers. 

Could do with at least a couple each of extra food and coffee spots, not least to take the load off the poor couple of vendors who looked absolutely dead by Sunday after 5 big days.

Anyway, just thinking out loud having just got home.

Would definitely do WV again, but seems to be some easy ways to make it even better. 

I stayed in WV 2014-2019 but defected to Sticklinch last year and this because of the dreaded climb home. On balance despite the lovely meander into site through the green fields etc from WV i’d stick with Sticklinch for the flat walk alone. This year the showers there definitely had longer queues. They need some organisation and a separate changing area. Could also do with more composts and more water points. I think people would pay extra for this. We had an Octopad for 5, roomy but both the floor and bed squeaked with every movement. Super hot but we could roll the sides up a bit. Might consider alternative off sites if lucky enough to get tickets in 24.

PS no O2 signal at all there despite being fine last year 

On 6/29/2023 at 11:31 AM, Wherethewildthingsare said:

I stayed in WV 2014-2019 but defected to Sticklinch last year and this because of the dreaded climb home. On balance despite the lovely meander into site through the green fields etc from WV i’d stick with Sticklinch for the flat walk alone. This year the showers there definitely had longer queues. They need some organisation and a separate changing area. Could also do with more composts and more water points. I think people would pay extra for this. We had an Octopad for 5, roomy but both the floor and bed squeaked with every movement. Super hot but we could roll the sides up a bit. Might consider alternative off sites if lucky enough to get tickets in 24.

PS no O2 signal at all there despite being fine last year 

Chatted to the guys working at sticklinch and they said the reason it was created was because they had so many complaints from people struggling to walk up the hill to Worthy View 

1 hour ago, bigbilly said:

Chatted to the guys working at sticklinch and they said the reason it was created was because they had so many complaints from people struggling to walk up the hill to Worthy View 

Yes makes sense, WV not accessible for pushchairs/people who struggle with mobility etc. Sticklinch must be an ordeal from Gate A if you don’t drive though! For me, it’s all about the distance from your parked car.

11 hours ago, Wherethewildthingsare said:

Yes makes sense, WV not accessible for pushchairs/people who struggle with mobility etc. Sticklinch must be an ordeal from Gate A if you don’t drive though! For me, it’s all about the distance from your parked car.

That's what puts me off staying in Sticklinch, as a coach traveller. And now it appears that Worthy View no longer run shuttle buses to/from gate A (according to the website info).