Jean-Michel Jarre

Franky

55 minutes ago, Franky said:

Wouldn’t mind a piece of him firing out a laser show with some of his pioneering sounds 👍

don't think hes done lasers since huis docklands show.didn't have lasers when he pklayed bluedot.

J-MJ was supposedly 'in discussions' with Glastonbury about playing back in the early 2000s. He said so himself in a Sunday newspaper magazine interview or something similar but I guess it all came to nothing unless it was in the basis of "how about it in about 20 years' time?"

4 hours ago, Fingerbobs said:

J-MJ was supposedly 'in discussions' with Glastonbury about playing back in the early 2000s. He said so himself in a Sunday newspaper magazine interview or something similar but I guess it all came to nothing unless it was in the basis of "how about it in about 20 years' time?"

I think he's made comments along those lines on a few different occasions.

He's probably not too far above Mel B on the reliability scale.

4 hours ago, Fingerbobs said:

he said a few times that he was playing, obviously full of shit.

2 hours ago, Neil said:

Oh no, man Steve hillage

(young ones quote) 

That's one of my my favourite Young Ones moments.

Warlock (aka Nigel from Eastenders) : "It's OK maaan. It's only Neil. 'eeeee's cool. eeee's come as plod. What's with the haircut dude" (or something like that)...

Neil proceeds to hit stereo with truncheon. Realises Elecktric Gypsy was playing...

Edited by MrZigster

20 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

That's one of my my favourite Young Ones moments.

Warlock (aka Nigel from Eastenders) : "It's OK maaan. It's only Neil. 'eeeee's cool. eeee's come as plod. What's with the haircut dude" (or something like that)...

Neil proceeds to hit stereo with truncheon. Realises Elecktric Gypsy was playing...

yesh, thats it. 🙂 

2 minutes ago, Neil said:

yesh, thats it. 🙂 

Can't be arsed to look it up but I'm thinking it was maybe the episode titled Money? "You'll just have to get a job Neil".

Anyway. Much prefer the synth work of Hillage over Jarre from that time (though that was probably Miquette Giraudy)