Which camper van location?

Derby_Dave

11 hours ago, Alvoram said:

Nah, that'd be horrendous... Can you imagine the paranoia that'd set in?

It's mostly so this idiot doesn't lose his wallet 🙈😂 It gets used as a contactless payment device more than anything, it's great to be able to leave your wallet and all your cards safe and just have them strapped to your wrist instead (and a backup note or two in your pockets.) 

Though I do track walks, exercise and activity with it too. And you'd be surprised with how many times I end up using the torch feature on it. 

Ah I didn't know about either the contactless feature or torch - I certainly use the latter a load on the phone for doubtless the same reason, that it's always with me. 

Does it need a signal for payments to work? My mobey wasn't very robust in that respect this year, may finally use the secondary sim slot next year. 

Mind you, I don't even use the contactless feature on the phone yet, I quite like leaving that on the cards atm, something about splitting out my potential losses - makes sense to me anyway. 

5 hours ago, clarkete said:

Ah I didn't know about either the contactless feature or torch - I certainly use the latter a load on the phone for doubtless the same reason, that it's always with me. 

Does it need a signal for payments to work? My mobey wasn't very robust in that respect this year, may finally use the secondary sim slot next year. 

Mind you, I don't even use the contactless feature on the phone yet, I quite like leaving that on the cards atm, something about splitting out my potential losses - makes sense to me anyway. 

It doesn't need a connection no, but neither does your phone afaik...

The problem is, the card machines taking payments do need a connection, and last year, as far as I'm aware, only Hop & Liquor had the sense to run and grab EE sims on the Wednesday when they were having connection difficulties... Which meant that no bars, other than H&L, were consistently taking card. 😞 

Saved us a fortune though, I'm not to be trusted carrying cash when drinking, so if they couldn't take card, they weren't getting my money. The amount of times we went without, or drank a piss warm can from our bags, because we got to the bar and they weren't taking card, we would easily have spent another £200 - £300 😕 

1 minute ago, Alvoram said:

The problem is, the card machines taking payments do need a connection, and last year, as far as I'm aware, only Hop & Liquor had the sense to run and grab EE sims on the Wednesday when they were having connection difficulties... Which meant that no bars, other than H&L, were consistently taking card. 😞

Which was utterly mental really given that EE literally had a shop on site selling sim cards with a small but sufficient amount of data for 10 quid.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Alvoram said:

It doesn't need a connection no, but neither does your phone afaik...

Saved us a fortune though, I'm not to be trusted carrying cash when drinking, so if they couldn't take card, they weren't getting my money. The amount of times we went without, or drank a piss warm can from our bags, because we got to the bar and they weren't taking card, we would easily have spent another £200 - £300 😕 

Yeah I'm definitely not doing Glasto cashless, no matter how many people ask about it on here.  Even paying massively over the odds for cans of mixers what we spent was more modest as we'd taken our own spirits. 

Was also happy to pay for cocktails at Glasto Latino as they were pretty swift and tasty 😊

1 hour ago, incident said:

Which was utterly mental really given that EE literally had a shop on site selling sim cards with a small but sufficient amount of data for 10 quid.

It wasn't the same hefty queue as the one for charging was it?  That looked like a good reason to take your own powerbank. 

7 hours ago, clarkete said:

Yeah I'm definitely not doing Glasto cashless, no matter how many people ask about it on here.  Even paying massively over the odds for cans of mixers what we spent was more modest as we'd taken our own spirits. 

Was also happy to pay for cocktails at Glasto Latino as they were pretty swift and tasty 😊

It wasn't the same hefty queue as the one for charging was it?  That looked like a good reason to take your own powerbank. 

Didn't seem to take them long to fix it on the Wednesday, but it was the Wednesday, so probably no queue. Or maybe there are separate queues for charging and the shop. Hopefully it will have been addressed beforehand next time. But I'm definitely with you on the taking powerbanks thing, as discussed above. 

I have no problem paying with cash, I have a problem with losing it haha (or having it stolen, but I consider that the same thing, if I'm not switched on enough to prevent it, it's my fault.) We did take some, but left it in the lockup and only took out around £20 - £40 a day, spent most of that on food stalls and vodka jellies from the (very official haha) roaming sellers.  

7 hours ago, Alvoram said:

I have no problem paying with cash, I have a problem with losing it haha (or having it stolen, but I consider that the same thing, if I'm not switched on enough to prevent it, it's my fault.) We did take some, but left it in the lockup and only took out around £20 - £40 a day, spent most of that on food stalls and vodka jellies from the (very official haha) roaming sellers.  

Aye over the years I've certainly had a number of times I've lost money (or other crucial supplies). It's a lovely thing about being with a big group when people help you out when you've mucked up - although I'm in a small group these days so just make sure I don't get so borked. 

A nice thing about staying in a van (or bunkpad) is having somewhere safe with your stuff. 

On 11/20/2022 at 8:53 AM, Neil said:

Bath and west requires less walking as you're shuttled. 

Last time I went there was a "West" van field but we just walked in, this it was 2017??

Is this a different campsite now. Do you know where the shuttle takes you to please and does it run all night?

Thanks

1 hour ago, gorfield said:

Last time I went there was a "West" van field but we just walked in, this it was 2017??

Is this a different campsite now. Do you know where the shuttle takes you to please and does it run all night?

Thanks

The shuttle is to gate a, not sure what hours it runs. 

2 hours ago, gorfield said:

Thanks

It runs 24 hours a day throughout the festival. All the information can be found here - https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/accommodation/info-campervans-and-caravans/

Edited by StoneCircle

2 hours ago, gorfield said:

Thanks

West CV field is now Sticklinch. 

They're referring to the shuttle to the Bath and West campervan field, which can only be accessed by the shuttle (as it goes down some lanes) 

Anyone who stayed at Bath & West this year, were the toilets & showers open to use or were there just basic facilities (eg fresh water, waste water disposal, chemical toilet disposal etc)?

Their official website details "nine easily identifiable accessible toilet blocks are conveniently located around the showground" and "...shower facilities are also available in various locations..."

21 hours ago, MattBrady said:

Managed to get Bath & West camper ticket but we really fancied east quite as taking our 4 year old.
What is it like there ?
How long is the shuttle?

We was going to bring a cart to pull my daughter round when she is tired, is this still possible any info much appreciated 😂 

I was there for the 2016 holding area, it was flat, with tarmac roads, toilet block(s), possibly showers, seemed fine for camping but I've not been back since. I don't know what the shuttle duration is though.

With your trolley, if you get it to gate A (the shuttle drop off point), there should be a lock up nearby where you can leave it each night and pick up each morning. If there's a queue, one of you heads off with your daughter and the other gets the trolley. If you don't need it in the morning, still pick it up from Gate A and drop it off at a more central location, for when you do need it. I'm kind of overthinking it here, but you get the idea.

• 1 month later...

Hi all, arriving Wednesday around 3pm / 4pm by campervan (first time, woo hoo!). The blue route seems to be the way to go, but do you have to travel down the A37 and approach the festival from the south, or can you travel the blue route via the A361, Copse Lane, Pylle Rd, which would be best with traffic? Approaching from Bristol. Also, would there be an allowed pitch beside the campervan to erect a small 3 man tent? Thanks in advance

On 1/9/2023 at 3:44 PM, Peter_Quaife said:

Hi all, arriving Wednesday around 3pm / 4pm by campervan (first time, woo hoo!). The blue route seems to be the way to go, but do you have to travel down the A37 and approach the festival from the south, or can you travel the blue route via the A361, Copse Lane, Pylle Rd, which would be best with traffic? Approaching from Bristol. Also, would there be an allowed pitch beside the campervan to erect a small 3 man tent? Thanks in advance

I'm not aware of any entry for campervans except for Pylle Road off the A37, and I think those roads will be closed to non residents, or not be used to get to the fields. We come from the North, from the Frome direction, past Shepton Mallet, down and turn right into the entry point.

Re tents, yes, you'll be able to fit that in. We've had 2 medium tents between our vans, have a word with the parking stewards before you park up to see what room you can have, within reason.

If it's your first time in a van, hello! And I'd suggest bringing some trolley or roller carrier for the water supplies from the taps around the fields, decant liquid from glass into plastic.

You'll also receive a pass out each time you leave the festival, keep that to hand back in when you re-enter, otherwise you'll be stopped for questioning as it's an extra security check.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

I put this on another thread but no answer yet, I have a CVE quiet ticket, does this guarantee you a space in that field, or does it fill up by a certain day/time regardless of having a ticket?

My aim is to arrive Tuesday (which I assume will cause no issues getting a spot?) But my OH is having issues with the annual leave as it stands, so there is a chance we may have to arrive later. 

6 minutes ago, Jose Pose said:

I put this on another thread but no answer yet, I have a CVE quiet ticket, does this guarantee you a space in that field, or does it fill up by a certain day/time regardless of having a ticket?

My aim is to arrive Tuesday (which I assume will cause no issues getting a spot?) But my OH is having issues with the annual leave as it stands, so there is a chance we may have to arrive later. 

The festival have the following clause in place in case of adverse weather like in 2016. 

Whilst every effort will be made to accommodate campervans in your preferred site, the Festival reserves the right to provide alternative facilities in the event of adverse conditions. 

I don't recall anyone not getting in the site they hold a campervan pass for with the exception of oversized vehicles which are directed to Bath & West and unconverted vans which are directed to the car parks.

6 minutes ago, StoneCircle said:

The festival have the following clause in place in case of adverse weather like in 2016. 

Whilst every effort will be made to accommodate campervans in your preferred site, the Festival reserves the right to provide alternative facilities in the event of adverse conditions. 

I don't recall anyone not getting in the site they hold a campervan pass for with the exception of oversized vehicles which are directed to Bath & West and unconverted vans which are directed to the car parks.

Thanks, I have a ‘quiet’ ticket for Campervan east which I believe is a specific field or group of fields within CVE. I didn’t imagine (biblical weather not withstanding) having any issues getting into CVE as a whole regardless of arrival day/time, it was more the deal with the quiet field(s?) and if this fills up more on a first come first serve basis (even if you have a ticket), or if there is enough space for everyone who has bought one. 

Edited by Jose Pose

12 minutes ago, Jose Pose said:

Thanks, I have a ‘quiet’ ticket for Campervan east which I believe is a specific field or group of fields within CVE. I didn’t imagine (biblical weather not withstanding) having any issues getting into CVE as a whole regardless of arrival day/time, it was more the deal with the quiet field(s?) and if this fills up more on a first come first serve basis (even if you have a ticket), or if there is enough space for everyone who has bought one. 

Yes, East Quiet is a specific group of fields and there will be space for everyone. It fills up as shown in the attachment below, I have also attached a map of the fields. Often people who arrive later will be closer to Gate C as they fill in gaps that have been left. 

314370127_10160426478178769_5007407131939600635_n.jpg.294c9f9c8043ffe32bbd6a781f8b8274.jpg

89116085_10156804204146611_6733341575650213888_n.jpg

4 minutes ago, StoneCircle said:

Yes, East Quiet is a specific group of fields and there will be space for everyone. It fills up as shown in the attachment below, I have also attached a map of the fields. Often people who arrive later will be closer to Gate C as they fill in gaps that have been left. 

314370127_10160426478178769_5007407131939600635_n.jpg.294c9f9c8043ffe32bbd6a781f8b8274.jpg

89116085_10156804204146611_6733341575650213888_n.jpg

Fantastic, thank you. Just what I wanted to know.