Cala Mijas 2023

gfa

My final feeling here is that if not for the leaks we still wouldn’t have the new wave of bands in the line up. But the question seeing the line up now is… why?!

I still hope they are giving the final touches to the Yeah Yeah Yeahs and M83 contract and that they will finally be included in CalaMijas (hope of a fool I know…)

3 minutes ago, Daniel Comino Royuela said:

My final feeling here is that if not for the leaks we still wouldn’t have the new wave of bands in the line up. But the question seeing the line up now is… why?!

I still hope they are giving the final touches to the Yeah Yeah Yeahs and M83 contract and that they will finally be included in CalaMijas (hope of a fool I know…)

Well they need bands for the next announcement and I'm sure they will be in that.

IF there a nect announcement, and that’s a big IF.

Still thinking and no clue what was all this time waiting about?

My only theory is that they wanted to free the new poster of Kalorama and Calamijas at the same time and were trying to sign a big headliner for Kalorama instead of The Strokes, and until they got Aphex we’ve been in the dark here.

11 minutes ago, clasher said:

Wasn't Cave last year announced really late, June or something?

Don't get me wrong, I consider this lineup finished bar any late cancellations, but wouldn't mind a late surprise.

Also there's no Mumford and Sons, which is a huge plus.

nick cave was announced in june, but according to that poster it is already complete, last year in june more than 20 artists were announced

12 minutes ago, josemalaga said:

nick cave was announced in june, but according to that poster it is already complete, last year in june more than 20 artists were announced

The insta for Kalorama says more acts to be announced. So I’m hoping that’s going to be the same for Mijas. Also this is the second wave of announcements but there were three last year? (Not including Nick Cave) I’m not very hopeful but a slim chance?  

11 minutes ago, Florence2010 said:

The insta for Kalorama says more acts to be announced. So I’m hoping that’s going to be the same for Mijas. Also this is the second wave of announcements but there were three last year? (Not including Nick Cave) I’m not very hopeful but a slim chance?  

Says full line up now on their Instagram. 

3 minutes ago, Sarahw2 said:

I thought the electronics would be a lot better. Don't think il bother going the Friday it's very weak for me. It is a great festival for anyone that hasn't been before and you will have a ball no matter what!

I bought tickets on the strength of the first announcement and I’ll get over it and have a great time. It’s just a bit disappointing after waiting so long and then seeing Kalorama last night…. 

• Upvote 1