Solo Glasto

Skinner88

Never attended alone but spent plenty of time alone at each of my festivals. Went with just my wife last year and barely saw her most days as we had different things to watch!

I always find myself speaking to lots of people. It's one of the most social places on the planet and wouldn't hesitate to attend alone if I had to.

Will be 6 in our group this year. 

Haven’t gone to it on my own specifically, however did spend a good chunk of it wandering around myself last year as my friends are mostly in to different music. It was absolutely fine, I’m not the most extroverted person in the world but everyone is so friendly there and I still had the best time. It’s also cool just being able to do what you want and go wherever without catering to other people etc. You’ll have an absolute blast!

As I said on a similar thread recently, nerves/anxiety stopped me going in 1997 and 2003 solo as no one would come with.  I kick myself everyday for bottling it.  I spent most of 2013 on my own due to differing tastes and had a greta time.  Spoke to LOADS of strangers, all of whom were funny, interesting and really generous company.  Don't be put off .

I got divorced May this year and went with my grown up kids. Watched a lot of pop that I didn’t want to see as we were all getting used to the new world order  😂 

Next year they will do their thing and I will be basically on my own for the first time since the early 90s! I’ve hardly missed a single Glastonbury, and even though I generally wandered, I had a wing man. 
this time I’m quite excited to strike out alone!