2024 Headliners

7 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

We knew about GnR over on the Discord before Christmas, it was just Neil on here who was shooting down any suggestion it could be them.

Those of us on here who could put two and two together were in the same place the minute that Elton John was announced (i.e at the start of December)

I've just been told by a source I believe to be fully genuine that it is 100%, Dua, Coldplay and Stevie. Just waiting on the latter to give the nod to reveal. 

This is not their opinion, it was delivered as fact (they're in the industry and they've been told)

Edited by Superscally
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Superscally said:

I've just been told by a source I believe to be fully genuine that it is 100%, Dua, Coldplay and Stevie. Just waiting on the latter to give the nod to reveal. 

This is not their opinion, it was delivered as fact (they're in the industry and they've been told)

I'd be happy with those 3, a good variety of music types and audiences who will be interested in them across the age spectrum

3 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Old news - Discord knew about this in 2017

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, deadponyclub said:

I'd be happy with those 3, a good variety of music types and audiences who will be interested in them across the age spectrum

Apart from people who don't like one or more of those personally, I think you've hit the nail on the head. 

3 minutes ago, Superscally said:

so im safe to order the Coldplay lego men ? Im not sure Madonna is ever going to get used now sadly ... I went too early on that one 

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

so im safe to order the Coldplay lego men ? Im not sure Madonna is ever going to get used now sadly ... I went too early on that one 

Well they could be wrong obviously, but I've just headed over to put a bet on Stevie as my confidence was high. 

Spoiler alert: You can't bet on Stevie.

Edit: Coldplay lego figures will always eventually come in handy for your hat. It's just a matter of time.

Edited by Superscally

Ok bear with me here: Stevie has always been one of Michael’s top artists to get for the festival, and he was clearly so pleased at landing him for the 40th in 2010… and thinking back to Emily’s comments about a big American artist who would be around next year, and that it would all make sense when the announcement came… is there going to be an announcement that Michael will be stepping back from the festival and farm completely, and this is his send off?

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Coldplay Lego figures are just 4 nondescript Lego figures with nothing in anyway that identifies them or distinguishes them.  

Anyway roughbloke gave us Coldplay and Dua Lipa back in the autumn.

not totally nondescript for bits of plastic but think ill go for it 

Screenshot 2024-02-06 at 13.58.12.png

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Drinky said:

is there going to be an announcement that Michael will be stepping back from the festival and farm completely, and this is his send off?

AKA the beginning of the end

At least of the festival as we know it.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Coldplay Lego figures are just 4 nondescript Lego figures with nothing in anyway that identifies them or distinguishes them.  

Can you order lego men dressed like toddlers wearing crap v-neck t shirts?

6 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

AKA the beginning of the end

At least of the festival as we know it.

I thought you said it had already ended years ago? 

In terms of Michaels involvement, he is a symbolic leader only and has been for many years.   

I expect nothing to change when he's no longer involved, for whatever reason that may be.

Perhaps the permanent planning permission was a clue that nothing significant will change in the medium future. 

3 minutes ago, stuie said:

I thought you said it had already ended years ago? 

In terms of Michaels involvement, he is a symbolic leader only and has been for many years.   

I expect nothing to change when he's no longer involved, for whatever reason that may be.

Perhaps the permanent planning permission was a clue that nothing significant will change in the medium future. 

Can we please not consider that at this time on a miserable Tuesday afternoon

35 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Yeah what makes a Lego figure "Coldplay"?

Other than the blank stare and lack of real personality?

12 minutes ago, stuie said:

I believe he still has the power of veto and is involved in decisions over major changes.

Conversation with one of my bosses post festival debrief:

"one day there will be no Green Fields"

ME "not while I'm still alive"