Pukkelpop 2023

Archi

5 hours ago, Liliam said:

Hi, sorry if those questions will sound a bit  stupid but I've never been to a festival before. How hard is it to get to the barricades? And how early more or less you should be there to try to reach them? (I don't mind standing for many hours) and is there usually a line next to the festival arena before the grounds open?

Hi Liliam. 

Do you mean the barrier for the main stage? Who is it you're aiming to be at the front for? 

5 hours ago, Liliam said:

Hi, sorry if those questions will sound a bit  stupid but I've never been to a festival before. How hard is it to get to the barricades? And how early more or less you should be there to try to reach them? (I don't mind standing for many hours) and is there usually a line next to the festival arena before the grounds open?

Pukkelpop is not like a Harry Styles show. No line before the grounds open and no people running at 11am to camp in the front barrier of the Main Stage waiting 12 hours until the headliner plays.

Edited by johnybegood

4 minutes ago, johnybegood said:

Pukkelpop is not like a Harry Styles show. No line before the grounds open and no people running at 11am to camp in the front barrier of the Main Stage waiting 12 hours until the headliner plays.

Unless it's Billie. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Liliam said:

Pukkelpop barely has people who stand the whole day at a barricade to watch their favorite band. A lot of people move from stage to stage the whole day, meaning the stage will only get crowded a couple of minutes before the gig. 

Billie Eilish could be different, I can definitly see a lot of people waiting at the barricades on beforehand.

Which artist do you like to see at the barricade?

2 hours ago, Death By Sexy 2.0 said:

Pukkelpop barely has people who stand the whole day at a barricade to watch their favorite band. A lot of people move from stage to stage the whole day, meaning the stage will only get crowded a couple of minutes before the gig. 

Billie Eilish could be different, I can definitly see a lot of people waiting at the barricades on beforehand.

Which artist do you like to see at the barricade?

Thank you for the responses. Like y'all have guessed I was thinking about Billie (also yungblud but yeah)

At Billie's show in 2019 I went 40 minutes before she started and it was already impossible to reach the barricades and it was early afternoon, but It's been the only case in 3 editions I attended.
For some of the biggest tent shows (I remember Tame Impala in the Marquee back in 2015 or Idles in the Club in 2019) you need to go there something like 30 minutes before the start.
At any other show you can reach the barricades in every moment, for my experience.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gigi21 said:

At Billie's show in 2019 I went 40 minutes before she started and it was already impossible to reach the barricades and it was early afternoon, but It's been the only case in 3 editions I attended.
For some of the biggest tent shows (I remember Tame Impala in the Marquee back in 2015 or Idles in the Club in 2019) you need to go there something like 30 minutes before the start.
At any other show you can reach the barricades in every moment, for my experience.

Half of Airbornes crowd were disinterested teenagers waiting for Billie. I'd recommend getting there at least before Years and Years and probably way before if you want to get to the front. Let us know what you are wearing and we'll bring you a beer lol. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, DDave said:

Half of Airbornes crowd were disinterested teenagers waiting for Billie. I'd recommend getting there at least before Years and Years and probably way before if you want to get to the front. Let us know what you are wearing and we'll bring you a beer lol. 

Same happened un 2013 when Eminem fans ruined NIN show…

1 hour ago, DDave said:

Pennywise played a few covers so it was good fun although a very strange mix of crowd.

I finally figured out where all that cheap Cara pils comes from. Always wondered where everyone got that I never saw it in the shops. Gonna have a trip to colruyt on the Thursday to finally sample it 😂

10/10 for accessibility. They were more than happy to let me go in the disabled campsite (even if my broken ankle is my own screw up) with a doctor's note. Shouldn't need it now but emailed them so check if I would need a note for a walking stick and they got back to me within a day. Really efficient. 

Edited by tomato12345
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DDave said:

Thanks! I'll let you know

23 minutes ago, SarahEmpre said:

A horrible issue about a band that was going to be announced today for playing on Sunday has delayed the timetable announcemet a few hours. A confusing situation right now.

Anti-Flag just broke up amidst rumors about SA allegations against a "political punk band". 1 + 1 + 2

16 minutes ago, polnico said:

Was hoping for less clashes between Marquee and Dance Hall, but most shows are on at exact same time. Thought about a day ticket for Sunday but I think I am out now!

Sunday runs just about perfect for me. Only major clash is 2manydjs and Bicep but it'll always be 2manydjs for me. Good to see OSees not clashing with anyone. 

Edited by DDave

37 minutes ago, DDave said:

Sunday runs just about perfect for me. Only major clash is 2manydjs and Bicep but it'll always be 2manydjs for me. Good to see OSees not clashing with anyone. 

On Sunday, I only had 2 tings I really wanted to see: Loyle Carner and King Gizzard. Both are playing at the exact same time. 

Goddammit.

Timetable isn't great for me but to be expected really when there's quite a bit I want to see.

Friday:

M83 x Piri - have seen M83 before so will go with the latter. One of a few annoying clashes when I look at what's on either side.

Zulu x Royel Otis - RO have been my big find this year so will 100% go and watch them. Zulu just looked a bit mental from the videos so would have liked to have checked them out.

Moderat x ascendant vierge - seen Moderat a few times but might do a split.

Saturday:

Steve Lacy x Ben Bohmer x Two Shell - really wanted to see BB and TS but might again split between them. BB is on for an hour and a half so that makes things easier.

2manydjs x Bicep - horrible clash but my son is a massive 2manydjs fan so will definitely start off with him in the Marquee and then see how it goes

Sunday:

Foals x Bonobo - Foals are my main one for Sunday so just a pain that I won't get to see them both when I've got some gaps elsewhere that day.

Got loads of DJs that overlap with the above (and each other) but I rarely watch a full set as there's too much other stuff going on. I'm looking forward to dropping in and out of the stages during the day when there's not much I want to see, as well as checking out the bars. Thought we might have got a few names today but will likely be next week now.

• Upvote 2

On 7/19/2023 at 3:40 AM, Liliam said:

There are no stupid questions, just stupid answers 🙂

Have you bought a day ticket for Friday?

Don't forget to join the party on Thursday then. The Main Stage area will not be open to the public yet, but the other half of the site will give you a great idea of what to expect of Pukkelpop.

Normally you can easily get close to the barriers for any concert, but Billie in 2019 generated a huge crowd at 3 PM, so the crowd will probably be even bigger this year, now that she is headlining. The other bands playing before her should be right up your alley too, though. So if you really want to be all the way up front for the Biliie concert, just get there a few hours beforehand. 

I don't know how old you are, but Pukkelpop is probably the best festival in the world for young people and also one of the best organized festivals of all. It's safe and fun and you will have an excellent time. Enjoy!

PS The grounds usually open at 11 AM and close at 4 AM. If you get your wristband on Thursday, you can easily access the festival area on Friday without queuing too much. 

Edited by Chimme
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

So DJ Fresh is the missing Friday night Dance Hall headliner?!? Can’t believe that was the original plan as no need to hold back announcing him after all the others. 

There must have been someone else booked who cancelled late on so they needed a quick replacement. He rarely even plays out now and pretty sure this will be a DJ set rather than a full live show. I’ve got some other stuff I will watch at that time but was expecting something better if I’m honest. 

11 minutes ago, Semprini said:

So DJ Fresh is the missing Friday night Dance Hall headliner?!? Can’t believe that was the original plan as no need to hold back announcing him after all the others. 

There must have been someone else booked who cancelled late on so they needed a quick replacement. He rarely even plays out now and pretty sure this will be a DJ set rather than a full live show. I’ve got some other stuff I will watch at that time but was expecting something better if I’m honest. 

Ascendant Vierge at Friday night? Mini meeting in the Lift?

• Upvote 1