Pukkelpop 2023

Archi

9 hours ago, Newjem said:

Nope, We won't get any of these names. They're way too big or don't have any shows in Europe in August or played last year (Underworld and Little Simz). And there's plenty of hip-hop/rap... Macklemore, Joji, Joost, Loyle Carner, Rema, Zwangere Guy... obviously more to come but nothing on Tyler, the Creator level.

Wouldn't rule out Jamie XX. Playing La Route du Rock the same weekend. 

I'd say more likely the biggest acts to be announced will be an established indie band, something in similar size as Slowdive for example and a mod size DJ such as one of the Kalkbrenner brothers. Possibly some smaller acts from the Core/RW line ups once they've happened. Wouldn't expect anything the size of the Chems/Tyler now unless someone pulls out. Lorde would probably be the most likely replacement if that were to happen. 

I'm wondering if we could have Ava Max on this week's announcement. She did a great show tonight in Brussels and said she's coming back soon in Belgium. She's doing some festivals all Summer, starting from Mad Cool early July until Lollapalooza Berlin early September.

• Upvote 1

starting to think there won't be any more second row acts on Friday seeing the way they decided to design the line up...

still, theres a lot of differences between days. Only 6 middle size names on friday and 13 on saturday, wondering how will they manage to fill the blanks in terms of schedule. 

what do you guys think? 🤔 

image.thumb.jpeg.f0075aeedca716fd01eab2c0fe384c63.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Archi said:

Rag'n'Bone Man announced at Lokerse Feesten. Too bad. One more act I thought would come to Pukkelpop.

Hot Chip, Baxter Dury and Warmduscher announced for the Blur support at Lokerse a few weeks ago as well so they're all out. Decent day that.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, gigi21 said:

A Pukkelpop announcement including the likes of 27 new names and not even a comment here.
Never seen such a small hype for PKP.
We don't understand them anymore or worst undercard in years? Who knows.

It's just... not very good 😐 although I'm sure some people will think it is. I just want a few bands with hits, especially for the Friday. Plus, Saturdays headliners are very weak. 

Thursday names coming next Wednesday, won't be many additions after that. 

IMG_20230524_215452.jpg

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, gigi21 said:

A Pukkelpop announcement including the likes of 27 new names and not even a comment here.
Never seen such a small hype for PKP.
We don't understand them anymore or worst undercard in years? Who knows.

They seem to have stopped bothering to send out alert emails - at least I'm not getting them any more, so yesterday's announcement completely passed me by.

Mind you, apart from the excellent addition of Crack Cloud, it was an announcement worth ignoring anyway (in my opinion of course)...

• Thanks 1

The last couple of announcements have been fairly underwhelming but there's a lot of stuff I haven't heard of that I should really take the time to check out. They always dig up some gems but agree it's currently lacking a few names at the top end to give it the 'wow' factor.

Haven't added up the numbers to see where we're at but must be getting close to 60/70% of the final line up? Not expecting anything too exciting for Thursday so let's hope they pull it out of the bag with the last few announcements!

Very, very premature but double rooms at the Yup hotel in Hasselt are £220 for 4 nights for Pukkelpop 2024 on Booking.com (website only, not mobile) Not the best hotel (rooms are very cosy) but still a great price and it's free cancellation. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, DDave said:

Very, very premature but double rooms at the Yup hotel in Hasselt are £220 for 4 nights for Pukkelpop 2024 on Booking.com (website only, not mobile) Not the best hotel (rooms are very cosy) but still a great price and it's free cancellation. 

Don't you know if a reservation could some way be transfered to someone else? I still have to cancel mine for 2023, but maybe someone here could be interested.

4 minutes ago, gigi21 said:

Don't you know if a reservation could some way be transfered to someone else? I still have to cancel mine for 2023, but maybe someone here could be interested.

I had the H Hostel reserved for 2022 and didn't go. Semprini used the room but it was still under my name but there was no issues in him paying for it/checking in etc. I'd only do it with someone you trust. 

Is it the Yup you've got a room reserved for? 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, gigi21 said:

Yup!
Double room, 4 nights, 296 € (255 £), free cancellation until 11 am Aug 17, payment at checkout.

Hey @gigi21,

I already have an Airbnb reserved with my girlfriend but it's more expensive and further than the Yup hotel...
If you're interested, let me have a chat with her tonight and I'll get back to you.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just having a little browse through the line up and it must be a glitch but you can see which stage some of the acts are playing. If you look at the profile of an act and then scroll to the bottom it has suggestions for others that are 'similar' (I use this term very loosely though!). The stage for those acts is listed!

I guess the big news is that the Backyard is back!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

FRIDAY

Main Stage : Billie Eilish, Yungblud, Years and Years, Bazart, Froukje

Marquee : Moderat, Boygenius, M83, Nessa Barrett

Dance Hall : Aitch, Fatima Yamaha, Memoro by Joyhauser (live), Sor

Club : Ezra Collective, TV Girl

Backyard : Bob Vylan, You Me At Six, Zulu, 

SATURDAY

Main Stage : Angèle, Anne-Marie, Limp Bizkit, Turnstile, Tom Odell, Joost, Compact Disk Dummies.

Marquee : 2ManyDJs, Steve Lacy, Nothing But Thieves, Jessie Ware, Bombay Bicycle Club, Joji

Dance Hall : BICEP, Rema, Ben Bohmer, Gryffin, Prins s. en de Geit

Club : Amyl and the Sniffers, Dry Cleaning, MUNA, Osees, Wunderhorse, Peuk

SUNDAY

Main Stage : The Killers, Florence and the Machine, Macklemore, Zwangere Guy, Dropkick Murphys, XINK.

Marquee : Foals, Girl in Red, Mother Mother, Giant Rooks

Dance Hall : Loyle Carner, Lil Tjay, ADF Family

Club : The Amazons, Kids With Buns, Cordae, Bakar

A few ones!

Turnstile on the Main is a choice.

Edited by VCF
  • Upvote 4

20 minutes ago, Newjem said:

No surprise really, pretty much empty most of the time last year.

Tbf a lot of the Castello style bands on the line up are down to play the Lift so probably won't make that much difference, aside from the fact we'll have about 20 less in total this year.