Graspop 2023

Archi

I don't think Tool is a band that travels to Europe for one exclusive show, especially Download Germany. Why wouldn't they be booked for Download UK since it's celebrating its 20th birthday? 

I think it will be BMTH, but I don't know why they have been announced already, the show in Antwerp sold out a long time ago. 

8 minutes ago, Death By Sexy 2.0 said:

I think it will be BMTH, but I don't know why they have been announced already, the show in Antwerp sold out a long time ago. 

I think so too. They also play in Ziggo Dome - Amsterdam in two days and it's not sold out yet. I don't know if it plays a role but could be one of the reasons why. If they are booked for Graspop I'd expect them to announce it next week.

It would be a surprise but a sick surprise that Graspop put a band like BMTH as headliner. I lost hope about this since a while now but the possible bands for this last headliner spot are so low now... It would make sense if they're waiting the show in Amsterdam to be done. The show in Antwerp is the last show of this huge European tour. If they're playing there, I hope they'll announce that night and Graspop will be flyering at the show. Some good marketing stuff for once from these old boys from GMM...

Or book a band like Maneskin would be dope too. They soldout twice a 8k venue in Brussels since a while (shows on 2-3 March). The hype is still huge. They are a really good rock band live. I'd prefer them so much than papys Guns N RosesDef Leppard and Mötley Crüe...

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Death By Sexy 2.0 said:

I don't think Tool is a band that travels to Europe for one exclusive show, especially Download Germany. Why wouldn't they be booked for Download UK since it's celebrating its 20th birthday? 

It looks like you’re right. Puscifer just announced show at Tons of Rock on June 24

The new additions to the #GMM23 line-up are: Airbourne, Alter Bridge, Bad Wolves, Blackgold, Cancer Bats, Chelsea Grin, Code Orange, Coheed and Cambria, Elegant Weapons, Generation Sex (Billy Idol’s new project with Tony James of Generation X and Steve Jones and Paul Cook of the Sex Pistols), Haken, Heriot, Ice Nine Kills, Legion of Doom, Mammoth WVH, Mimi Barks, Municipal Waste, My Dying Bride, Noctem, Nothing More, Palaye Royale, Planet of Zeus, Saltatio Mortis, Skid Row, Symphony X, The Distillers, Vended and VV.

Unfortunately Russkaja, Seether and Vicious Rumors won’t be able to join us this summer.

2 hours ago, Archi said:

Didn't expect an announcement this week after GNR but there are some great adds! With 32 names on Sunday, 34 on Saturday, 35 on Friday and 30 on Saturday, line-up is like 99% full. Only missing Friday headliner...

Thursday: 34 (GNR takes double slot, so 35)
Friday: 34 (missing the headliner)
Saturday: 35 (full)
Sunday: 32 (there's room for few more)

On 2/22/2023 at 2:21 PM, Death By Sexy 2.0 said:

Rock Am Ring have advertised BMTH as Central European festival exclusives, although Im not 100% sure if that applies to Belgium or not 😅

Edited by RonanM

12 hours ago, RonanM said:

Rock Am Ring have advertised BMTH as Central European festival exclusives, although Im not 100% sure if that applies to Belgium or not 😅

Based on Wikipedia and other sources, Belgium is not included! Central Europe is Germany and countries on his east.

Also, dont really understand the need for this festival. The line up is pretty much like any regular Rock am Ring year.

Is it also the same location ? and like 3 weeks apart? 

Dont see how they think to sell 50k tickets for this.

Don't agree, I can see the need for this festival, especially in Germany:

- It's not really in the same area, there are 250km between the Rock Am Ring and Download Germany.
- Slipknot had only 2 shows in Germany this Summer, in Hamburg (high in the north) and Berlin (east) but nothing in the west.
Volbeat have a huge success in Germany (a bit more than everywhere else, except Denmark of course).
- Parkway Drive and The Prodigy are not at Rock Am Ring, it's the first German festival for Parkway Drive this Summer.
- It's normal for bands to play as many festivals as possible and all of them got at least one day-off during this weekend in June.

We don't have any surprises on the line-up. But it's still a decent line-up! SlipKnot and Volbeat used to be headliners at Rock Am Ring. Almost the same for Parkway Drive now and so was The Prodigy in a recent past. You have DisturbedAmon AmarthWithin Temptation... Classic but not bad.

19 minutes ago, Archi said:

Don't agree, I can see the need for this festival, especially in Germany:

- It's not really in the same area, there are 250km between the Rock Am Ring and Download Germany.
- Slipknot had only 2 shows in Germany this Summer, in Hamburg (high in the north) and Berlin (east) but nothing in the west.
Volbeat have a huge success in Germany (a bit more than everywhere else, except Denmark of course).
- Parkway Drive and The Prodigy are not at Rock Am Ring, it's the first German festival for Parkway Drive this Summer.
- It's normal for bands to play as many festivals as possible and all of them got at least one day-off during this weekend in June.

We don't have any surprises on the line-up. But it's still a decent line-up! SlipKnot and Volbeat used to be headliners at Rock Am Ring. Almost the same for Parkway Drive now and so was The Prodigy in a recent past. You have DisturbedAmon AmarthWithin Temptation... Classic but not bad.

I don't think you got the point. 

• 3 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, SweetJesus said:

Fan-made poster from festileaks forum. Some bands like Amon Amarth are too low, but it looks very nice.

Especially cause we know that Graspop is the only festival without poster…and still waiting for last headliner.

D913F625-3589-48B5-BE78-0BEF9F1368BF.jpeg

Disturbed would be a really really really poor headliner. Also the bands right beneath the Friday headliners are unusually small no? 

Disturbed as headliner would be cheap as f*ck. This whole Friday without a decent headliner seems cheap anyway: the undercard are smaller than the other days. I'm still wondering what happened. I guess they booked Ozzy and as he can't play anymore, they are looking for something else... There are a lot of errors / wrong spots for bands on this poster. 

1. First thing, I don't see the Graspop put a line of mid-important bands between the logos and the rest of the bands. They'll just put the logos followed by all the bands left.
2. The logo from the Guns N Roses will be on top with Ghost on its right or below (like the Thursday in 2022).
3. Still on the first day, Escape The Fate and Motionless In White will never get their logo on this poster. ETF will open the smaller stage or almost. Alter Bridge will have the spot where they put Papa Roach.
4. There's no way we could have Asking AlexandriaHollywood Undead or Bad Wolves so high. If we choose 4 logos for that day below Gojira and Disturbed, it gonna be Amon AmarthBehemothAirbourne and Clutch or Meshuggah.
5. On Saturday, it would be sad to have Pantera before Parkway Drive who were announced as headliner. And The Ghost Inside  will take the logo spot of I Prevail.

Anyway, I hope we gonna have the final announcement soon and the real poster to see how they'll save the Friday.

No way that Disturbed will be the last headliner. My main guess for that spot was BMTH but now I doubt it since I don't see a reason anymore for not having an announcement yet. Could they...pull a Hellfest and give the spot to Porcupine Tree? Unless they do it intentionally for marketing reasons (to give a boost to ticket sales at a later stage) but it would take a bigger name for that to be effective.

Despite the multiple misplacements of bands and typos, that poster is a nice effort I think and whoever made it must've spent quite some time on it. My Dying Bridge is my favourite typo though, I had to laugh 😁

Porcupine Tree headliner size but not Disturbed? Come on... 

BMTH were one of the last bands expected for this spot but their Belgian indoor show is over since 3 weeks now so they would have been announced already. Evanescence? Same. Why would they wait to announce them? Would love to have some inside infos from @Ken19 here 🙂  

2 hours ago, Archi said:

Porcupine Tree headliner size but not Disturbed? Come on... 

That's not what I meant. I was just wondering whether they'd dare mimic Hellfest that gave PT a sub-headliner's spot before Iron Maiden. Probably not. Tbh I'd take PT over Disturbed any day but that's my personal taste of course and I know that they are a lot less popular.

Btw, if it's not BMTH, another possibility could be that they'll bring back KISS for one last (?) time...