2024 Festival

Chad888

17 hours ago, Benj said:

While in itself Chad’s post is ridiculous in its core proposition, less names are not going to help it sell, it does raise the question:  

Are people going to pay £115 quid to see 21 Savage if they have no interest in Gallagher and CATBM?

And vice versa, how many Gallagher fans are going to pay £115 quid to see him, given he’s tour extensively for much cheaper of late?

I can’t see many people buying this day until the full lineup is out and people can see what else they may be able to see while acts they have no interest in seeing are on

As things stand, I have absolutely ZERO interest in that Reading Sunday, it’s in no way worth the 80 quid or whatever a weekend day works out as.

More names are needed and some kind of timetable is needed, otherwise these random mix or artists just aren’t going to shift

I fear with their focus on day tickets now, these multi genre days are really going to have trouble selling at those prices

Reading has been like this for years - its not ideal but its how it is

If day tickets are struggling and weekend sells out they will just release more weekend tickets

17 hours ago, andyrhodes24 said:

I know they get a lot of stick but Catfish’s headliner reveal post got the most engagement of the lot. Whether that translates into ticket sales is another question but it does mean something.

Clearly will do well as they haven't toured for a few years. Bet they were cheap too

2 hours ago, Logan1996 said:

image.png.8fbf3188f8b1a528aad876dd8d7443f6.png.790d7426057044409319f0361504cc42.pngIMG_0364.thumb.jpeg.4da012b06fccbef400c37f75723c522b.jpeg.b52c40a21449bae2c7e519968d842abb.jpeg

How much crossover do these two usually have with R&L? Do we think there will be many here at R&L

Truck and R&L has very very little for larger acts as they are so nearby

3 hours ago, Logan1996 said:

image.png.8fbf3188f8b1a528aad876dd8d7443f6.png.790d7426057044409319f0361504cc42.pngIMG_0364.thumb.jpeg.4da012b06fccbef400c37f75723c522b.jpeg.b52c40a21449bae2c7e519968d842abb.jpeg

How much crossover do these two usually have with R&L? Do we think there will be many here at R&L

Loads of the Truck lineup played Reading last year so probably wouldn’t be back anyway (Wet Leg, Declan McKenna, Sea Girls, Holly Humberstone, Snuts, Soft Play, Yard Act, Royston Club, 86TVs, Fat Dog and probably a few others I’m missing, Black Honey also played in ‘22 which is still fairly recent)

Good morning at all, i have to make a question: me and 4 friends want to go to reading Festival from Italy for the first time and we want to buy the campervan pass. We have to buy only 1 pass if we arrive with a camper or we have to buy 1 pass for person? Thanks in advance for the answer!

1 hour ago, omarara said:

Good morning at all, i have to make a question: me and 4 friends want to go to reading Festival from Italy for the first time and we want to buy the campervan pass. We have to buy only 1 pass if we arrive with a camper or we have to buy 1 pass for person? Thanks in advance for the answer!

1 campervan pass per campervan

So you need 4x weekend tickets + 1x campervan pass

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Aromaticmusic1 said:

IMG_1323.thumb.jpeg.7ee8839b57878446be88d866a262ecc8.jpegReckon we could get any names off here? I reckon we could see wunderhorse, the last dinner party and the reytons at least

I’d agree with all of those. Maybe Chase & Status too. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Nova Twins rock up too. Although I wouldn’t be surprised if they saved C&S for next year and had them headline MSW. 

I could see Blossoms playing for sure. Would love them to bring Rick out for a few Smiths songs because their Glasto set looked amazing. 

Edited by Andre91

49 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I’d agree with all of those. Maybe Chase & Status too. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Nova Twins rock up too. Although I wouldn’t be surprised if they saved C&S for next year and had them headline MSW. 

I could see Blossoms playing for sure. Would love them to bring Rick out for a few Smiths songs because their Glasto set looked amazing. 

Theres definitely not room for Chase and Status at the moment

R&L is already heavier than usual on dance acts with Fred and Skrillex

Edited by gfa

16 minutes ago, northernangel said:

There are a lot of festivals just plain struggling this year aren't there. Headliner wise for Scotland great, but below that

I genuinely think, whilst it isnt my favourite, R&L's looking fairly strong in comparison. 

20 minutes ago, northernangel said:

There are a lot of festivals just plain struggling this year aren't there. Headliner wise for Scotland great, but below that

If you take a look across Europe at festival lineups, I think most are having years that could be considered weaker. 

3 minutes ago, nathanh said:

I genuinely think, whilst it isnt my favourite, R&L's looking fairly strong in comparison. 

The amount of people, myself included, that have bought their ticket on the back of 13 acts, I think R&L are doing very well.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Neck Deep get added after their Ally Pally show this year, new album is great. 

Shikari could be a shout to headline dance tent while Fred’s on, but I reckon they’ll probably do Download instead 

On 1/23/2024 at 4:27 AM, gfa said:

Reading has been like this for years - its not ideal but its how it is

If day tickets are struggling and weekend sells out they will just release more weekend tickets

Not sure it would be that easy, given they’ve lost physical space for tents, hence the shift to more day tickets…

The fact they’ve not even sold out early entry as yet, suggests weekend tickets may not be flying off the shelves as well as we expected either, although they may have pretty much opened that up to all at this point anyway…

3 hours ago, Andre91 said:

The amount of people, myself included, that have bought their ticket on the back of 13 acts, I think R&L are doing very well.

If we’re doing anecdotes, I know a number who haven’t…

It has to be doing better than last year, I’m shocked that no single ticket category has sold out though given how strong the initial lineup drop was

Im deffo up for it this year, I think…it does very much depend on who else is on away from the main stages on Sunday night though, as its dead for my group from mid afternoon as things stand, so will be hard to convince people and I’m not flying over for just two days

Edited by Benj

11 hours ago, FestivalJamie said:

For sure, Sziget has the worst line up it's ever had ( so far..)

US too. People were saying last year had weak candidates but it seems this year is worse

I think acts just make so much more from their own tours now that by the time they hit the festival circuit, everyone is tired of them for that cycle…a la Reading last year. 

12 hours ago, Benj said:

Not sure it would be that easy, given they’ve lost physical space for tents, hence the shift to more day tickets…

The fact they’ve not even sold out early entry as yet, suggests weekend tickets may not be flying off the shelves as well as we expected either, although they may have pretty much opened that up to all at this point anyway…

Did they lose space for tents?

Seems like it won't be an issue either way lol

I'd really be intrigued to see how sales are doing, I think we have a few strong names but I can potentially see a lot of people waiting to see a poster to get a fuller picture of what the weekend will look like before purchasing. I myself would be doing that had I not got the loyalty presale because it was relatively cheap.