2024 Festival

Chad888

49 minutes ago, Logan1996 said:

I know its a bit of a sketchy metric to use , but 50M+ monthly listeners on spotify is huge when you look in comparison to the other headliners 

Yep, and it's his first ever UK festival appearance.

They've done really well this year. I wonder if there was a conscious decision to switch up bookings or if an unusual amount of good opportunities came to them this year. It might be a mix of the two.

1 hour ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

They've done really well this year. I wonder if there was a conscious decision to switch up bookings or if an unusual amount of good opportunities came to them this year. It might be a mix of the two.

He’s the one who won’t turn up at whichever date is first isn’t he…

Edited by Benj

1 hour ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I don't think it'll be his first UK festival appearance. It said 'first UK festival announcement' when R&L confirmed him. He'll most definitely be at Wireless, probably as a headliner too. 

Just now, Lawsie said:

I don't think it'll be his first UK festival appearance. It said 'first UK festival announcement' when R&L confirmed him. He'll most definitely be at Wireless, probably as a headliner too. 

Interesting strategy if they announce him subbing Reading and then headlining another festival 30 mins away. 

Must be confident Wireless will have no worries selling

3 minutes ago, Benj said:

Interesting strategy if they announce him subbing Reading and then headlining another festival 30 mins away. 

Must be confident Wireless will have no worries selling

It's obviously only a guess but it's the first year he's been allowed out of the US to perform so with Wireless' demographic I'd assume they would've jumped at the chance to book him. 

The word announcement was something that stuck out majorly to me too. Can't see a world where Wireless haven't booked 21 and R&L have. Seems strange to have him sub here and headline Wireless but I think the Wireless audience would accept it as a headline because he is HUGE. To be honest can only see him subbing Wireless to, if anyone, Drake. 

3 hours ago, nathanh said:

Are you asking what it is or where the rumour is?

If your asking what it is, its a dance stage famously used at Glastonbury. Its most famous stage, and the one im assuming would come to Reading is a Spider and has pyros and things in, creates a really impressive show.

If your question is what is the rumour, someone came in here last week stating they had heard that the stage was coming to Reading this year, we dont know much else other than this though.

IMG_6315.jpeg

Yeah I meant the stage itself - that does look really cool actually!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Benj said:

He’s the one who won’t turn up at whichever date is first isn’t he…

Doubt it. Doesn't seem the kind to do something like that.

20 minutes ago, Lawsie said:

Fair, still shows how big a booking it is if he's headlining Wireless but playing lower at R+L.

2 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Fair, still shows how big a booking it is if he's headlining Wireless but playing lower at R+L.

100% if 2 of our 3 names announced yesterday are headlining other big festivals, Isle of Wight and Wireless, it just goes to prove how well R&L have seemingly done this year.

Just now, nathanh said:

100% if 2 of our 3 names announced yesterday are headlining other big festivals, Isle of Wight and Wireless, it just goes to prove how well R&L have seemingly done this year.

Honestly wouldn't have been crazy to see 21 Savage, The Prodigy and Jorja Smith headlining MSW.

Truly believe they knew they had to do something drastic next year after last year which will have made a dent in their profits. Think they had one opportunity to prove to general public that they had booking power because the undercard of 2023 was particularly week. Intrigued to see whats still to come.