Rock for People 2023

Ferda

37 minutes ago, Newjem said:

Queens of the Stone Age/The Prodigy/Machine Gun Kelly is my guess.

Parkway Drive are unlikely, they're already playing 3 festivals that weekend.

Machine Gun Kelly wouldnt be headliner, but Im pretty sure he will do sub there.

My best tip is QoTSA, second is Placebo.

Its funny how most of the people are annoyed by The1975 announcement.

5 minutes ago, Sugar Cane said:

I feel that MGK might be too expensive for them, so QOTSA, Prodigy, Ghost, Yungblud?

Why expensive? He should literally be there 2 years ago.

I guess they have some kind of contract and he will be announced, he is around, plays on Pinkpop which is around the corner at similar dates in June. I think he will almost surely be there.

image.png.db62aba094941fe4885c5a3ee21b5add.png

54 minutes ago, lukatej said:

Machine Gun Kelly wouldnt be headliner, but Im pretty sure he will do sub there.

My best tip is QoTSA, second is Placebo.

Its funny how most of the people are annoyed by The1975 announcement.

Funny, MGK is not headliner but Placebo are. If you compare the size of venues they played in Prague this year, MGK is clearly more popular than Placebo (around 10k vs only 4,5k). Also he got way bigger since the 2020 lineup dropped. That was after his show in Forum Karlin (3k capacity). He sold 3x more tickets this year. Headliner or nothing I think.

1 hour ago, Sugar Cane said:

I feel that MGK might be too expensive for them, so QOTSA, Prodigy, Ghost, Yungblud?

No Ghost, Yungblud would sub.

1 hour ago, Newjem said:

Funny, MGK is not headliner but Placebo are. If you compare the size of venues they played in Prague this year, MGK is clearly more popular than Placebo (around 10k vs only 4,5k). Also he got way bigger since the 2020 lineup dropped. That was after his show in Forum Karlin (3k capacity). He sold 3x more tickets this year. Headliner or nothing I think.

Agree, and based on his position on the poster of Pinkpop or RaR/RiP, where he is subbing... that's why I feel that he might be too expensive for RfP with Slipknot + Muse already on the bill... but maybe they will surprise us.

1 hour ago, Newjem said:

Well, Biffy or Royal Blood could headline this year, so why not Yungblud? He did 6-7k tickets in Prague this year.

1 hour ago, Newjem said:

Yeah, I see what you mean and I agree, but Still target group of MGK are basically Kids now. Can you imagine the backlash there would be if he would be announced as head? Todays 1975 was walk in the park in comparison.

While I can imagine his solo shows are for more people than Placebo, festival wise he is not the headliner type imho. Dont know the contract they had together, but if you notice the festivals are putting names which were suppose to play in 2020, so I think he is very probable as he may be bound to play by contract as he received deposit for 2020.

Subbing 1975 in my opinion.

Papa Roach + QoTSA for remaining day

Edited by lukatej

14 minutes ago, Sugar Cane said:

Well, Biffy or Royal Blood could headline this year, so why not Yungblud? He did 6-7k tickets in Prague this year.

That's true, maybe he can headline. I guess the reason why I don't see him as a headliner is the fact that he doesn't even headline festivals in the UK.

17 minutes ago, lukatej said:

Yeah, I see what you mean and I agree, but Still target group of MGK are basically Kids now. Can you imagine the backlash there would be if he would be announced as head? Todays 1975 was walk in the park in comparison.

While I can imagine his solo shows are for more people than Placebo, festival wise he is not the headliner type imho. Dont know the contract they had together, but if you notice the festivals are putting names which were suppose to play in 2020, so I think he is very probable. Subbing 1975 in my opinion.

I think the contract was terminated a long time ago. He didn't appear on 2021 and 2022 lineups and I don't believe they would keep the contract for more than 3 years. And the backlash? Unless they get RHCP or Foo Fighters (suggestions I've seen on social media), there will always be one. After one succesful year people think RfP has unlimited budget.

If Papa Roach play next year, it won't be on Friday cause they're playing at Novarock that day.

1 hour ago, Newjem said:

That's true, maybe he can headline. I guess the reason why I don't see him as a headliner is the fact that he doesn't even headline festivals in the UK.

I think the contract was terminated a long time ago. He didn't appear on 2021 and 2022 lineups and I don't believe they would keep the contract for more than 3 years. And the backlash? Unless they get RHCP or Foo Fighters (suggestions I've seen on social media), there will always be one. After one succesful year people think RfP has unlimited budget.

If Papa Roach play next year, it won't be on Friday cause they're playing at Novarock that day.

He didnt appear because he wasnt touring across Europe at that time.
Now he does. 

The contracts are little bit more complex than that, basically he has been paid money and because cancelling the contract is far more expensive than rescheduling them and there is no thing like expiry then they rescheduled it if not cancelled. Its been on some podcast with Thomes.

Basically he should appear whenever he will be close that festival in case it wasnt cancelled by one or the other side. No matter how big he grew over time. This was explained on other podcast from Belgium festival. 
thats why I think he will be there. 

but I dont think either Yungblud or MGK will headline. There could be some electronic headliner like Pendulum or Chemical Brothers actually, but Im Still confident with QoTSA 😂

also people expecting big names but 1975 are headlining practically everything where they appear, so they are big. Just not to the taste of locals 😀

Edited by lukatej

17 hours ago, lukatej said:

While I can imagine his solo shows are for more people than Placebo, festival wise he is not the headliner type imho. Dont know the contract they had together, but if you notice the festivals are putting names which were suppose to play in 2020, so I think he is very probable as he may be bound to play by contract as he received deposit for 2020.

Subbing 1975 in my opinion.

I was at MGK show in Prague, didn't see any kids around, it was basically 18-30 demographics. Absolutely spot on for the festival.

Placebo's last show was quite underwhelming for me, I hope it's not them. QOTSA would be amazing but they struggled to sell out the 3k venue in Prague, can't see it personally.

11 minutes ago, Ferda said:

I was at MGK show in Prague, didn't see any kids around, it was basically 18-30 demographics. Absolutely spot on for the festival.

Placebo's last show was quite underwhelming for me, I hope it's not them. QOTSA would be amazing but they struggled to sell out the 3k venue in Prague, can't see it personally.

One thing is sure, whichever of them will be announced, people will complain. 🙂

I personally wouldnt mind to be either of them. 

I also think Black Keys and Editors will be announced (as a subs Maybe)

On 11/25/2022 at 8:36 PM, Newjem said:

Also he got way bigger since the 2020 lineup dropped. That was after his show in Forum Karlin (3k capacity). He sold 3x more tickets this year. Headliner or nothing I think.

So Machine Gun Kelly was announced as he "owed them" from previous cancelled year. Kind of obvious.

Funny (weird) thing is that he wasnt announced even as a sub (Simple Plan were emphasized as subs)

Really curious about headliner names, could be Florence or The Strokes as they have been trying to get them for years.

Also I strongly believe that Black Keys will be another name as they tried to get them before and now they are around (and not so expensive)

6 hours ago, lukatej said:

So Machine Gun Kelly was announced as he "owed them" from previous cancelled year. Kind of obvious.

Funny (weird) thing is that he wasnt announced even as a sub (Simple Plan were emphasized as subs)

Really curious about headliner names, could be Florence or The Strokes as they have been trying to get them for years.

Also I strongly believe that Black Keys will be another name as they tried to get them before and now they are around (and not so expensive)

Nope, he’s headlining 😉

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Newjem said:

Nope, he’s headlining 😉

Aaaah, they just posted it few minutes ago! 🙂

Makes kind of sense, but I wonder if he is going to have headline spot in any other EU festival this year.

So thats it for the last headliner guesses, going to check the comments, it will be fun 🙂

Edited by lukatej

2 minutes ago, FeverDream said:

I don’t think MGK would command a high fee, given this is his first major European festival headline slot (I think, anyway).

If they dont announce any other new name in RaR/RiP he would be headliner there too. 

I also think he wasnt that expensive as part of his booking was already paid before covid.

Funny thing is that backlash of the metal/core people on social sites. I guess people were expecting something else for the last head, but im confident we will have strong subs announced soon. Guess most of the money went for the Muse/Slipknot

• Upvote 1

Very nice and diverse headliner combo 🙂

As for MGK headlining - he headlined Lollapalooza this year with Metallica, Green Day and Dua Lipa, so I think we will see him more often in these slots going forward. Anyway, RfP is 35k capacity, so I assume with the current headliners they needed someone less expensive....

33 minutes ago, lukatej said:

If they dont announce any other new name in RaR/RiP he would be headliner there too. 

I also think he wasnt that expensive as part of his booking was already paid before covid.

Funny thing is that backlash of the metal/core people on social sites. I guess people were expecting something else for the last head, but im confident we will have strong subs announced soon. Guess most of the money went for the Muse/Slipknot

Muse / Slipknot / The 1975 / MGK is a great set of headliners.

You have 5 genres there; alt rock, alt metal, indie, and pop-punk cross with alt hip-hop.

I think the diehard metal/core fans need to widen their horizons a bit, or better yet, see someone else whilst the band they don’t like is on!

Edited by FeverDream

12 minutes ago, FeverDream said:

Muse / Slipknot / The 1975 / MGK is a great set of headliners.

You have 5 genres there; alt rock, alt metal, indie, and pop-punk cross with alt hip-hop.

I think the diehard metal/core fans need to widen their horizons a bit, or better yet, see someone else whilst the band they don’t like is on!

I agree, personally Im happy for the diversity.

I hope for some electro acts to come, they were always missing kind of