Green Man 2023

March Hare

6 minutes ago, Tigane said:

i would bet that you are talking about Black Midi, Yeah Yeah Yeahs and Boygenius, but who knows

Honestly, I tried to say as much as I could in that post without just going I'VE SEEN THE FIELD DAY LINEUP I'M NOT SUPPOSED TO SEE HA HA HA. But yeah, YYYs and Boygenius is who I was thinking of. I'd actually forgotten Black Midi were on the 2020 poster and I wouldn't be surprised if they're a Far Out headliner but it wasn't them I was thinking of as much as Sudan Archives.

Oh, sod it. The potential Far Out headliners I was thinking of are Fever Ray and Arca. (Although, has Bonobo ever played GM? I don't think so, right?)

One more thing - someone in the EOTR forum says they've heard First Aid Kit are coming over in August for "a festival".

Edited by SweepingTheNation
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Honestly, I tried to say as much as I could in that post without just going I'VE SEEN THE FIELD DAY LINEUP I'M NOT SUPPOSED TO SEE HA HA HA. But yeah, YYYs and Boygenius is who I was thinking of. I'd actually forgotten Black Midi were on the 2020 poster and I wouldn't be surprised if they're a Far Out headliner but it wasn't them I was thinking of as much as Sudan Archives.

Oh, sod it. The potential Far Out headliners I was thinking of are Fever Ray and Arca. (Although, has Bonobo ever played GM? I don't think so, right?)

One more thing - someone in the EOTR forum says they've heard First Aid Kit are coming over in August for "a festival".

Black Midi played in 2021.

1 hour ago, zico martin said:

think we'll get any of these then? 

Screenshot_20230123_174920_Chrome.jpg

Seems to have been rumblings about the YYYs for a few weeks, mostly I think because it sounds about right. Amyl & the Sniffers are I think very likely, Black Midi have a good chance unless it's thought too early for them to come back. Angel Olsen was meant to headline End Of The Road in 2020 so will probably do so now.

4 hours ago, Callum_96 said:

What's the thought's behind us getting an announcement soon? I know they don't particularly need to be in a massive rush as it's sold out, going on past years I'm hoping Thursday next week

EOTR has their announcement next Tuesday so I reckon we'll get the GM announcement the week after

11 minutes ago, 1986 said:

Does The Walkmen playing London 29/30th of August make them more or less likely?

Would love to see them but would rather save travelling to London on a weekday if they're doing GM the week before.

It makes them more likely for End Of The Road which starts on the 31st, but they're also in Europe over GM weekend at Paredes de Coura. Best to wait for next Tuesday's EOTR announcement.

• Thanks 1

Sorry, nothing about 2023 here, but after the Tom Verlaine news I've been looking at the 2015 line-up as that was the year Television played, and apart from the strength of that lineup and the usual "I must have seen them, why don't I remember it?", I've noticed since Brit and Mercury nominated Loyle Carner played Chai Wallahs at 3.50pm on the Saturday! Biggest act ever to play that stage?

Don't think this has happened before but Pukkelpop in Belgium (and probably Lowlands in Holland too), which is the same weekend as GM, will be announcing their first names on Wednesday. PKP usually drop around the end of Feb or sometime in March (so well after GM) but the general consensus is that they're doing it early as Billie Eilish is going to be one of the headliners.

She's obviously nothing to do with GM but the festivals normally share a fair few bands, so should give you all some indication of what to expect.

9 hours ago, Semprini said:

Don't think this has happened before but Pukkelpop in Belgium (and probably Lowlands in Holland too), which is the same weekend as GM, will be announcing their first names on Wednesday. PKP usually drop around the end of Feb or sometime in March (so well after GM) but the general consensus is that they're doing it early as Billie Eilish is going to be one of the headliners.

She's obviously nothing to do with GM but the festivals normally share a fair few bands, so should give you all some indication of what to expect.

Lowlands was much poppier / commercial at the top end than GM when I went but as you've said the mid-range acts are the ones to look out for. Exciting!!

End Of The Road announcement suggests GM might have The Walkmen. If they also have YYYs, First Aid Kit, Amyl & the Sniffers, Devo and all the American Canela Party acts as could potentially happen, and that's not counting British acts (Delgados? Young Fathers?) that's going to be one loaded line-up.

Edited by SweepingTheNation

1 hour ago, SweepingTheNation said:

End Of The Road announcement suggests GM might have The Walkmen. If they also have YYYs, First Aid Kit, Amyl & the Sniffers, Devo and all the American Canela Party acts as could potentially happen, and that's not counting British acts (Delgados? Young Fathers?) that's going to be one loaded line-up.

are you suggesting GM may get some of those mentioned as there is traditionally little cross over between the 2 festivals then?  Shame as i'd love to see king gizzard and Angel Olsen back!