Sziget 2023

#1SzigetFan

It's February next week!! 

Okay, we probably won't get an announcement until 23rd but still......

Any thoughts on the genre of the outstanding two headliners? Rock and....? 

Who's in the running? Foos and Blur seem to be out but The Strokes seem a good bet (and fingers crossed they bring YYYs with them). 

Who else is a possibility - headliner or otherwise? I'd be happy if we got any of these: 

FKA Twigs is at Flow on 11/8

Aurora is at Parken Festival on 18/8

The Killers & Wet Leg are at R&L

Placebo and Chemical Brothers at Rock En Seine

The Strokes / Placebo / Green Day. 2 of those 3 🙂 Yep, I still believe in Green Day lol ^^

I agree for Aurora, that "genre" is missing for the moment, and Rina Sawayama should have the chance to be there, since Mimi Webb is here.. (and way less talented IMO ..)

Also, I need some more Rock acts with energy, I'd take The Hives because it's always great ( AND a new album is coming.. ) , Turnstile and Shaka Ponk ;

In electro-EDM, I WANT Robin Schulz !! only 1 date the 11 August in Spain so far... Purple Disco Machine and VINAI would also be nice ^^

Would love Green Day to be there. Think they'd be a great fit too. 

Liam Gallagher seems to be playing a few festivals this summer too, wouldn't be too surprised to see him. Not sure if he's a headliner in Hungary or not though.

My ideal would be The Chemical Brothers as their show is amazing. Again, not sure if they're headliners anymore or not.

Is Sziget really going to book only one DJ to play at the MainStage like last year? Seems odd considering how big of a hit Calvin Harris was.

Like Robin Schulz for example, he is big enough to sub Guetta or to sub someone else, but I doubt they would do that.

Alan Walker definitely should not have been at the party tent and should have been at the MainStage considering his drawing, but idk

3 hours ago, ReljaGajić said:

I think that we are forgetting that we can get Sam Smith as a headliner 🫣 Untold festival (which is happening in Romania one week before Sziget) hinted something about him a while ago and he got announced for Mad Cool and Nos alive too, so he is doing festivals... 😬

They are touring USA/Canada in July/August

11 minutes ago, kkpb8038 said:

Id go mad for two from strokes/placebo/chemical brothers as headliners.    Some classic indie would be good.  I think pulp are touring if blur are out.

always look forward to the lineup from world music stage and magic mirror:)

Pulp, Placebo and probably even Chem Bros won't headline Sziget anytime soon. They're not interesting (and relevant) enough for the crowd they're trying to attract nowadays.

Also World Music Stage was scrapped in 2019, wasn't it? Unless you mean the smaller alternative - Global Village, of course...

2 minutes ago, Newjem said:

Pulp, Placebo and probably even Chem Bros won't headline Sziget anytime soon. They're not interesting (and relevant) enough for the crowd they're trying to attract nowadays.

Also World Music Stage was scrapped in 2019, wasn't it? Unless you mean the smaller alternative - Global Village, of course...

And yet Imagine Dragons are. How depressing.