Tramlines 2023 and Hillsborough Gigs

stanh

17 hours ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Not long now.  Who are people planning on seeing. 

Here is my schedule from the App.  Don't think I will have time for a beer on Friday !!

Friday
The Enemy
Dead Pony
Circa Waves
Dead Letter
Sea Girls
The Mary Wallopers
DMA's
The K's
Bloc Party

Saturday
Franz Von
EPB
Red Rum Club
McFly
High School
Blossoms
Courteeners

Sunday
The Zutons
Courting
Rev
Wunderhorse
Anyone but Kaiser Chiefs !!!!!!
Paul Heaton 

We're off to see Ella Henderson instead of Kaisers. My wife likes her , we went to see Becky Hill in the tent last year, and the dance bangers were a nice change of pace from the bands we'd seen all weekend. 

Edited by swede
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Absolutely gutted, but we can’t make it this year. We bought early birds after last year. If anyone wants (or knows someone who does) 2x Weekend VIP tickets @ FV (£150 each)

Also have a double in the Premier Inn Angel Street. That’s flexible so we can cancel - but if it’s of use, let me know. Think it was about £260 for the weekend.

Edited by neato
Additional Info

On 7/16/2023 at 2:03 PM, thatTFBguy said:

Swear shite weather is a Tramlines tradition at this point! That and tram strikes the same weekend. 

And, as we've just been reminded at work hospital consultants are also on strike through to Saturday morning, so emergency admissions are likely to to be challenging. Be careful out there x

3 hours ago, swede said:

Sugababes moved to main stage on Sunday. Sensible move as they've been pulling some massive crowds at the festivals they've played. 

Good move this and makes it a better day for me.  Adds Sugarbabes and Professor Green to my list when previously they clashed with Rev and Paul Heaton. 

Allows me to watch someone other than the god awful Kaiser Chuffs.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, thatTFBguy said:

Skipping Sunday personally - nothing for us that day - but seems a logical move. 

Zutons - Sugababes - Reverend - Kaisers - Ella Henderson. 

Wouldnt say im massive fans of any of them but as a day of music goes its not the worst I've ever had at a festival. 

18 minutes ago, sheffinghell said:

Most of Sunday better than Ashcroft IMO 😂

Ashcroft was unbelievably underwhelming last time I saw him, Trnsmt 2019, cant remember a single stand out moment from the full set. 

My best bud is adamant he's off to see Ashcroft tomorrow.......have fun by yourself pal whilst the rest of us are at Bloc Party. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, thatTFBguy said:

Skipping Sunday personally - nothing for us that day - but seems a logical move. 

I thought Sunday was poor but with the changes got virtual none stop music.

Zutons - Bilk - Sugarbabes - Courting - Rev - Wunderhorse - Prof Green - Paul Heaton

In fact this year think I will end up watching more acts than ever before.

1 hour ago, swede said:

Ashcroft was unbelievably underwhelming last time I saw him, Trnsmt 2019, cant remember a single stand out moment from the full set. 

My best bud is adamant he's off to see Ashcroft tomorrow.......have fun by yourself pal whilst the rest of us are at Bloc Party. 

This is really my only clash - Ashcroft or Bloc Party. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, swede said:

Id go Bloc Party, they rarely have an off day playing live, whereas Ashcroft can be really hit and miss. 

Agree, Bloc Party all the way. I've seen Ashcroft twice (solo and with The Verve, Glasto headliner) and neither was memorable

9 hours ago, swede said:

Zutons - Sugababes - Reverend - Kaisers - Ella Henderson. 

Wouldnt say im massive fans of any of them but as a day of music goes its not the worst I've ever had at a festival. 

Not a run that'll get me up to Hillsborough Park in the rain and paying £6.50 a pint.

Doing an Oppenheimer/Barbie double bill instead! 

12 hours ago, thatTFBguy said:

Not a run that'll get me up to Hillsborough Park in the rain and paying £6.50 a pint.

Doing an Oppenheimer/Barbie double bill instead! 

Im 41 now and I've pretty much seen everyone I want to see. As I've got older and especially after covid/lockdowns I'm just happy to see live music. My days of being too fussy about who I see as long as I see a few bands I really like across a festival weekend are long gone. 

Plus im on a bit of a mission now to see people I've never seen before, as some can be pleasently surprising. Saw Kelis and Becky Hill last year, I'd def have gone to see Kelis as Im a fan and she was brilliant, but Becky Hill was the wifes choice over Madness and she was really good fun. 

Edited by swede
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, swede said:

Im 41 now and I've pretty much seen everyone I want to see. As I've got older and especially after covid/lockdowns I'm just happy to see live music. My days of being too fussy about who I see as long as I see a few bands I really like across a festival weekend are long gone. 

Plus im on a bit of a mission now to see people I've never seen before, as some can be pleasently surprising. Saw Kelis and Becky Hill last year, I'd def have gone to see Kelis as Im a fan and she was brilliant, but Becky Hill was the wifes choice over Madness and she was really good fun. 

Good philosophy. I feel similar especially after the covid hiatus. Support live music, keep an open mind, have a good time. You'll be rewarded many times over, and get a few howlers, but that's life isn't it (and football, so I've heard, but can't vouch for it personally). 

39 minutes ago, sheffinghell said:

Good philosophy. I feel similar especially after the covid hiatus. Support live music, keep an open mind, have a good time. You'll be rewarded many times over, and get a few howlers, but that's life isn't it (and football, so I've heard, but can't vouch for it personally). 

It really is. Im not particularly a fan of Blossoms or Kaisers but I know enough songs to have a good time at both this weekend.