Mercury Prize 2022

Punksnotdead

That's fine.

Self Esteem is clearly a brilliant, empowering project that's resonated nationally with a huge number of people and resulted in a tonne of self-celebration, friendship and joy.

The fact I don't want to put the album on is irrelevant. Good on her and I hope she continuesto kick ass. 

45 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Self Esteem is clearly a brilliant, empowering project that's resonated nationally with a huge number of people and resulted in a tonne of self-celebration, friendship and joy.

Definitely. Eloquently put!

I guess the question I'm really asking is was the nomination as much for the project as the music? 

10 hours ago, JHad said:

I guess the question I'm really asking is was the nomination as much for the project as the music? 

I’m not sure that’s really fair. A lot of people, me included, really enjoyed the album musically. Different strokes for different folks eh? 

16 hours ago, JHad said:

Nope we love the tunes. Some others don't that absolutely fine. I don't get the hype for Sam Fender but others love him. We just have different taste and that's fine wouldn't do to all be the same. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Ah now I understand.

Am listening to Little Simz - SIMBI, it 's a good listen, esp I imagine after a smoke, but so far it has zero bangers.

This explains why I don't get on with her live performances, all a bit mellow.

I've seen her 3 times and I wouldn't describe it as..mellow?

15 hours ago, Skip997 said:

Ah now I understand.

Am listening to Little Simz - SIMBI, it 's a good listen, esp I imagine after a smoke, but so far it has zero bangers.

This explains why I don't get on with her live performances, all a bit mellow.

As ever, it depends what you mean by a banger. I get the impression your definition is quite narrow.