latitude 2023

jj200

3 hours ago, DTichborne said:

Like one of the posters above, this is my first year of going after so many years of doing Glastonbury. Really looking forward to it and just one question - how does the site hold up if it rains heavily?

The festival is usually very lucky with the weather and usually is pretty sunny - there was an occasion in 2019 where they had to pause things for about 45 minutes during a lightning storm but outside that it's normally sunny and warm - your greatest enemy is likely to be the dust that appears most years! 

• Upvote 1

On 6/5/2023 at 2:37 PM, DTichborne said:

Like one of the posters above, this is my first year of going after so many years of doing Glastonbury. Really looking forward to it and just one question - how does the site hold up if it rains heavily?

Site holds up really well to rain if there is any.  I remember it being very wet for interpol in 2008, and a spell of torrential rain on the Sunday afternoon in 2011.

I think in 2011 the only thing was that the carpark was muddy and some cars got stuck getting off site on Sunday evening.

As mentioned by other posters though the site desks really well with rain and the greatest enemy is the dust. 

• 2 weeks later...

some of you might have noticed a band called Fizz was recently added to the line up but at the time they had nothing released.

this is their debut single ‘High in Brighton’ which I am really enjoying,

they’re kind of a low key indie supergroup including Dodie, Greta Isaac, Orla Gartland and Martin Luke Brown.

reports of their gig at Great Escape suggest they a lot of fun 

they have an LP coming later in the year

have a listen

Edited by rseamer
  • Upvote 1

Hi - my family and I are coming to Latitude for the first time. Really looking forward to Young Fathers and Siouxsie (hope they don't clash...), plus Last Dinner Party, Pulp, English Teacher, Gretel Hanlyn, Dry Cleaning etc.

Decided to go for it and book glamping though Pink Moon (the main site was largely sold out). Has anyone got any experience of Pink Moon - can they be relied on? And any tips for the best car park to use for the Pink Moon site (their own car parking was also sold out!) and for the festival as a whole?

4 hours ago, rivaldo said:

Hi - my family and I are coming to Latitude for the first time. Really looking forward to Young Fathers and Siouxsie (hope they don't clash...), plus Last Dinner Party, Pulp, English Teacher, Gretel Hanlyn, Dry Cleaning etc.

Decided to go for it and book glamping though Pink Moon (the main site was largely sold out). Has anyone got any experience of Pink Moon - can they be relied on? And any tips for the best car park to use for the Pink Moon site (their own car parking was also sold out!) and for the festival as a whole?

Welcome! I can't be much help on the camping other than saying my friends have got on well with it when they've done Reading and Isle of Wight 

Good news is Young Fathers and Siouxsie definitely won't clash for you. There's so much to see and do, you will have an awesome time I'm sure 

• Like 1

Oh sugar... was not expecting the weekend to sell out. Go every year with my family and friends.

I managed to get my ticket as I did the instalment but now don't have a ticket for my children or a caravan ticket. We don't have a tent. Our friends have also missed out!! Bugger, just been to Glastonbury so all my focus was on that. Thought I'd just get caravan ticket and kids tickets nearer the time. Now don't know what to do, can't go on my own because of childcare. 

Does anyone know if any resale tickets are coming up on ticketmaster? Always cancellations, I remember it being sold out in 2021 after covid but some other friends still managed to get full weekend tickets. Anyone got a spare family caravan pass and 2 child tickets? What are our chances 🤣🤣

Otherwise I might just have to give mine back to ticketmaster

Edited by Bike_Like_A_Mum

On 6/27/2023 at 5:50 PM, xxialac said:

Aargh. Train strikes announced for the Saturday of Latitude.

Any other smart ways to get to London on Saturday morning?

From what's happened before the main line from Norwich to London still runs on strike days so if you could get to Ipswich you could possibly get back that way 

Also forgot to mention it looks as if the completed lineup (and probably stage times) will be released 10th July  

8 hours ago, Chapple12345 said:

From what's happened before the main line from Norwich to London still runs on strike days so if you could get to Ipswich you could possibly get back that way 

Also forgot to mention it looks as if the completed lineup (and probably stage times) will be released 10th July  

Thank you so much!

On 6/27/2023 at 11:28 AM, rivaldo said:

Hi, we've stayed at pink moon a couple of times.  Yes they are fine, they have a specific area which is within the camping area on site (as opposed to somewhere like tangerine fields at glasto which is offsite) the tents are pitched in neat rows, you are fairly close to the tents in your row and it is pot luck who is in the tents around you ( last time we were next to a family with a very young child who was still waking up regularly through the night and crying for milk, but we were just unlucky). By and large the site is quieter than the general camping. You also get access to the pink moon loos and showers,  you will still need to queue as they are still busy in the morning (10 -15mins dependent on when you go). The site is close to the arena entrance so short walk in the morning and end of the day. 

Overall I think it is totally fine and they are a proper company on site so shouldn't be any issues. 

My personal view is that it isn't really luxury glamping and pretty expensive but it is more comfortable than the main site. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Glasto Weatherwatch said:

Hey - first time back at Latitude since 2008, this time with tweenagers in tow. Can't wait. 

How easy is it to pitch in family camping? We're arriving late Thursday with a few other friends but with a pretty big four man tent. 

Stayed in family camping several times, there is still plenty of space getting there late on a Thursday and you will be able to find space for a large 4 man tent. You might have to walk a bit further into the site if you don't find something but the family car park is closer to the site anyway so it shouldn't be too bad. The stewards should be able to help direct you to bits of the site with space. Hope you enjoy the festival. 

• Thanks 1

Couple of things. 

Still recovering from glasto,  tried to avoid seeing bands playing at latitude but did catch The Murder Capital, they were brilliant and so really recommend them live if you are into fontaines dc or idles. 

Also,  had friends who saw young fathers and they said they were fantastic so really looking forward to seeing them. Watched the first 10mins on iplayer and they look like they will be a highlight. 

Looks like the times and splits of the acts are on the website, must have been up for a week maybe and so the clashfinder has been updated. 

Find it at clashfindergeneral latitude 2023

I'm not sure who has updated it but looks like there are some tba gaps... not sure if they are legit or not so it may still move a bit or some other acts to be announced. 

Lastly, looks like there is a new version of the mobile app. If you've got an old version from last year you might need to delete the old one and redownload it (I did, I am on android). It doesn't have the times or clashfinder in it yet but it does have detail on the acts so worth downloading now if you haven't.

That is all 😀

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

Couple of things. 

Still recovering from glasto,  tried to avoid seeing bands playing at latitude but did catch The Murder Capital, they were brilliant and so really recommend them live if you are into fontaines dc or idles. 

Also,  had friends who saw young fathers and they said they were fantastic so really looking forward to seeing them. Watched the first 10mins on iplayer and they look like they will be a highlight. 

Looks like the times and splits of the acts are on the website, must have been up for a week maybe and so the clashfinder has been updated. 

Find it at clashfindergeneral latitude 2023

I'm not sure who has updated it but looks like there are some tba gaps... not sure if they are legit or not so it may still move a bit or some other acts to be announced. 

Lastly, looks like there is a new version of the mobile app. If you've got an old version from last year you might need to delete the old one and redownload it (I did, I am on android). It doesn't have the times or clashfinder in it yet but it does have detail on the acts so worth downloading now if you haven't.

That is all 😀

The times are not on the website so I assume the clashfinder is guesswork.

4 minutes ago, xxialac said:

The times are not on the website so I assume the clashfinder is guesswork.

Ah yes you are right not times just the order and the stages, well spotted. So clashfinder is guesswork and so will move a bit once the times are confirmed. Tbc's might not be real. 

Might make some clashes go away for me and make some different ones appear. 

3 hours ago, Chapple12345 said:

Another smaller announcement, still no Obelisk act added to the Friday - I'm starting to think there could be a surprise set at some point 

Good work chapple.

I really want to catch 3D but they always seem to be on Sunday and we leave after the headliner to be back for Monday. 

3 hours ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

Good work chapple.

I really want to catch 3D but they always seem to be on Sunday and we leave after the headliner to be back for Monday. 

Yes I've noticed this too. They must always be busy the Friday and Saturday of latitude.

• Upvote 1