latitude 2023

jj200

On 5/23/2023 at 10:06 AM, ghandi said:

Transferred over from the Glasto thread as not getting a ticket this year and this will be my first Latitude at the ripe old age of 61 after many year going to Pilton. Have done other smaller fesrivals like EOR and Festival no 6 in baron years of not getting a ticket for the big one. I generally only do one festival a year. Obvs looking forward to Pulp, really into Dry Cleaning and looking forward to seeing Siouxsie. Other than that i'll be playing by ear and taking in new surroundings. Any tips would be amazing! 😁

I would echo what chapple said, make the most of different stages including non music stuff like comedy and things in the listening post. 

The site is really cool and so it is nice to go into the woods and even do some wild swimming if that's your thing. 

You'll find that the main stage can lack a bit of energy during the day unless you are up front, if that's what you want then it's very easy to get closer. 

Nice vibe and no way as busy or hectic as glastonbury and you'll do a lot less walking. 

Oh worth mentioning it is one of the festivals where there is a camping area and an "arena" which opens at in the morning and closes early hours (one not been up late enough to know what time but I guess 04:00. If you want to take your own drink into the arena you'll need to be creative 😉.

17 hours ago, Chapple12345 said:

Well.... Mumford and Sons had a takeover day in 2017 where they had no one against them and I think they then got complaints there was no alternatives. The following year when they had The Killers headline there were acts on other stages which were very low on attendance from what I've heard 

I think they know a lot of people will be going to see Pulp but there may be other acts on, just not in the main tent which Yard Act will headline 

Lol I never knew people complained when mumford and son's were the only band playing. 

2 hours ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

Lol I never knew people complained when mumford and son's were the only band playing. 

It was mostly people online IIRC or it was what a lot of people would have made the festival better 

2 hours ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

Oh worth mentioning it is one of the festivals where there is a camping area and an "arena" which opens at in the morning and closes early hours (one not been up late enough to know what time but I guess 04:00.

Also I believe it finishes up around 3am from what friends have said - Arena usually opens about 10am 

Edited by Chapple12345

I'd probably bet some of the podcast people who have been announced will probably be doing some stand up during the weekend too like James Acaster and Rose Matafao - the comedy is genuinely so strong every year and I'm in awe they always manage to book such great names 

Also pleased to see the Disco Sheds return! 

On 5/25/2023 at 6:46 PM, Chapple12345 said:

I'd probably bet some of the podcast people who have been announced will probably be doing some stand up during the weekend too like James Acaster and Rose Matafao - the comedy is genuinely so strong every year and I'm in awe they always manage to book such great names 

Also pleased to see the Disco Sheds return! 

First timer  here  ,  are the disco sheds   silent disco ish in nature ? 

7 hours ago, padders said:

No, as odd as it sounds it's a garden shed which acts as a DJ booth, and people just gather outside it. I think I saw Tim Key DJ there a few years ago.

18 hours ago, padders said:

This gives you an idea of what it's like 

Also been checking out the Pulp reunion shows and I think their set is going to be one for the ages, they've still very much got it! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chapple12345 said:

This gives you an idea of what it's like 

Also been checking out the Pulp reunion shows and I think their set is going to be one for the ages, they've still very much got it! 

How very Jolly  !  yes Pulp will be a highlight no doubt 

On 5/25/2023 at 9:20 AM, ghandi said:

Thanks for the replies, looking forward to it. Keep em coming!

You asked for it  !  3 Irish bands to look out for  for . ,Mary Wallopers are big at home and will be a riot live - perfect  for an early evening tent slot ( are there tents ? ) 

Ham sandwich are very melodic from what I have heard so far  , think they are playing one of the small areas 

Picture this were on the verge of big things then covid hit ( Sold out arenas in Dublin )   and my sis tells me they are great . Kicking things off on main stage sunday 

hope  you have a great  festival ! 

20 hours ago, padders said:

You asked for it  !  3 Irish bands to look out for  for . ,Mary Wallopers are big at home and will be a riot live - perfect  for an early evening tent slot ( are there tents ? ) 

Ham sandwich are very melodic from what I have heard so far  , think they are playing one of the small areas 

Picture this were on the verge of big things then covid hit ( Sold out arenas in Dublin )   and my sis tells me they are great . Kicking things off on main stage sunday 

hope  you have a great  festival ! 

Thanks, heard about Picture this elsewhere as well 

On 6/2/2023 at 5:21 PM, Chapple12345 said:

Looks as if there's still an act missing from Obelisk Friday, I wonder if there could be a secret set there at all as they've usually announced all the main stage acts by now - if there was who'd you like to see? I'd possibly hedge my bets on it being Wet Leg 

Oh I hadn't noticed that, that is interesting. There have been some big secret sets at latitude over the years, Liam Gallagher, Ed Sheeran, vaccines, Thom Yorke. 

I don't know who it could be though. Don't think I could even guess at this point. 

Sort of feel like wet leg played so much last year (I know not latitude but loads of other places) that they would be giving the festival circuit a bit of a rest this year and coming back bigger next year. 

On 5/25/2023 at 6:32 PM, Bennykill said:

Need a magnifying glass but some more acts announced.  Club De Fromage and Guilty Pleasures are always good fun.

IMG_1748.jpeg

Yeah they are... but personally I think they need to switch it up now. They have been doing the same nights in that tent since the start. I would welcome some fresh ideas. Cheesy music is fine for a laugh but they play the same songs every single time.

31 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

Oh I hadn't noticed that, that is interesting. There have been some big secret sets at latitude over the years, Liam Gallagher, Ed Sheeran, vaccines, Thom Yorke. 

I don't know who it could be though. Don't think I could even guess at this point. 

Sort of feel like wet leg played so much last year (I know not latitude but loads of other places) that they would be giving the festival circuit a bit of a rest this year and coming back bigger next year. 

Theyre only playing Reading and Leeds as of now (another FR event) but not exclusive and also supporting Pulp at Finsbury Park which made me think its possible - they might even just announce another Obelisk act soon and that's that but it seemed odd when they usually have all music announced by this point 

I'm getting very excited for the whole event now, just wish there wasn't another month and a half to wait! 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

Theyre only playing Reading and Leeds as of now (another FR event) but not exclusive and also supporting Pulp at Finsbury Park which made me think its possible - they might even just announce another Obelisk act soon and that's that but it seemed odd when they usually have all music announced by this point 

I'm getting very excited for the whole event now, just wish there wasn't another month and a half to wait! 

Yeah it's a decent shout 👌 would love it to be the case. 

6 hours ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

Yeah they are... but personally I think they need to switch it up now. They have been doing the same nights in that tent since the start. I would welcome some fresh ideas. Cheesy music is fine for a laugh but they play the same songs every single time.

I have only been once before and that was back in 2015. If I remember correctly I went to Club De Fromage then too. That is rubbish if they do it every year, but has been long enough that I am looking forward to it. Usually I find at most festivals you are stuck with overcrowded dance areas for late night. I love dance music but I am a bit old to be doing it late for more than one night lol

• Upvote 1