Bearded Theory 2023

jimmillen

Just now, Beerqueen said:

@Nobody InterestingI'm sure you're bored of my little Clashfinder saga, but I have found my password and successfully logged into my Clashfinder account on my work laptop ready to print tomorrow when I'm in the office.  Thanks for your help.  Can't wait to be there now!

Huzzah and Hurrah

Leave printing as late tomorrow as you can - there might well be some late updates. Glad I was of some help.

Is it Thursday yet?

Just now, Nobody Interesting said:

Huzzah and Hurrah

Leave printing as late tomorrow as you can - there might well be some late updates. Glad I was of some help.

Is it Thursday yet?

I'll probably do it just before I leave work at 5.

I hope one of the updates will avoid Gaz Brookfield clashing with Billy Bragg.  Extremely difficult choice!  I've seen both loads, love them both, they are both at Glasto anyway but still don't want to miss either!

35 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

I hope one of the updates will avoid Gaz Brookfield clashing with Billy Bragg.  Extremely difficult choice!  I've seen both loads, love them both, they are both at Glasto anyway but still don't want to miss either!

Yes, this is massive for me too. pretty cross about it, haha, also dont want Gaz clashing with Elvana either

She Drew The Gun -> Interpol is a pretty strong run on the main stage for me. Last year getting in & out of Woodland was a struggle, so hoping that the new second stage will lessen the traffic to the woods as there are definitely a couple of things on in there that I'd like to see during main stage changeovers..

• Upvote 1

Just decanted some rum into plastic bottles (Kraken Black Cherry and Red Leg Spiced) these go in the freezer to act as "cool blocks" for the mixers, pre-mixed G&T and beers.

Need to start packing I guess. Yesterday I did a tent check (always worry that a mouse has had a go at it as it's kept in the garage) and reproofed, not that we need it THIS weekend.

As this looks like my only festival of the summer I'm determined to make the most of it. But the clashes or potential clashes are insane. I don't think there will be many problems with access to Woodland this year just from the acts listed (Peter Hook was far too big an act for there) and I think a lot of acts that would have played there are now on Meadow.

1 minute ago, Rumblestripe said:

Just decanted some rum into plastic bottles (Kraken Black Cherry and Red Leg Spiced) these go in the freezer to act as "cool blocks" for the mixers, pre-mixed G&T and beers.

Need to start packing I guess. Yesterday I did a tent check (always worry that a mouse has had a go at it as it's kept in the garage) and reproofed, not that we need it THIS weekend.

As this looks like my only festival of the summer I'm determined to make the most of it. But the clashes or potential clashes are insane. I don't think there will be many problems with access to Woodland this year just from the acts listed (Peter Hook was far too big an act for there) and I think a lot of acts that would have played there are now on Meadow.

So you decant the booze, and put in the freezer till Thurs? I've never thought of that, and it works? you use a cooler bag to carry it in with?

11 minutes ago, Perks said:

So you decant the booze, and put in the freezer till Thurs? I've never thought of that, and it works? you use a cooler bag to carry it in with?

Yep, works fine. As the booze is 40% proof it won't freeze so you are just putting something very cold into the coolbox/bag. If you use coolblocks they are probably more efficient but they are just dead weight once they have thawed. I actually freeze my breakfast flapjacks as well and they go in there. Might freeze some chunks of lime and lemon too.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Beerqueen said:

From what I know I would say both those sets are correct (Gaz is 100%) BB maybe give or take 5 mins unless the order on the stage splits was wrong (which some of Maui Waui was)

1 hour ago, On The Blend said:

Can anyone confirm whether there are power sockets/ plugs available to use anywhere on site? My partner is concerned about access to a working curling iron. Cheers!

Sorry but you have to prebook access to the power points and they always sell out fast given the number of people who want to bring toasters, microwaves, wide screen TV etc

PLEASE NOTE - this post may contain sarcasm

The real answer is no

Edited to add, at Lakefest we have seen toasters and microwaves and more being carried into the glamping area where they had electric hook up!!! Bonkers.

Edited by Nobody Interesting

1 hour ago, On The Blend said:

Can anyone confirm whether there are power sockets/ plugs available to use anywhere on site? My partner is concerned about access to a working curling iron. Cheers!

Can you earn some pre-festival brownie points and buy them a gas one?

34 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

The real answer is no

Sorry, just to clarify, I'm not talking about a campervan hookup, I'm talking about a regular 3 prong mains socket for a phone charger/ haircare device. Do they literally have zero electricity access for tent camping? I've been to 1k capacity festivals that give you access to plugs?

11 minutes ago, On The Blend said:

Sorry, just to clarify, I'm not talking about a campervan hookup, I'm talking about a regular 3 prong mains socket for a phone charger/ haircare device. Do they literally have zero electricity access for tent camping? I've been to 1k capacity festivals that give you access to plugs?

The answer really is no - there have never been any access to plugs in camping at Bearded Theory - nor any other festivals we have attended barring very expensive glamping or electric hookup camping spots such as Lakefest has (and I hope Bearded never ever has).

There are also, unless new, no tents on site which have hairdryers etc like available at some festivals which have areas such as Tangerine Fields.

I hope that clarifies.

1 hour ago, Nobody Interesting said:

The answer really is no - there have never been any access to plugs in camping at Bearded Theory - nor any other festivals we have attended barring very expensive glamping or electric hookup camping spots such as Lakefest has (and I hope Bearded never ever has).

There are also, unless new, no tents on site which have hairdryers etc like available at some festivals which have areas such as Tangerine Fields.

I hope that clarifies.

How odd. Almost every fest I've ever been to has had a big pole somewhere with a load of sockets on it and 20 people standing around charging their phones. Tbf a lot of those weren't in the UK but I just assumed it was standard these days.

Edited by On The Blend

43 minutes ago, On The Blend said:

How odd. Almost every fest I've ever been to has had a big pole somewhere with a load of sockets on it and 20 people standing around charging their phones. Tbf a lot of those weren't in the UK but I just assumed it was standard these days.

I would say your experiences are the odd ones - I have never seen that anywhere in the UK in the 40 plus different festivals we have been to.