Victorious Festival 2023 Discussion

Jack01825

2 hours ago, kelstar said:

Yet again it seems we have the UK Eurovision entry playing victorious!

Mae Muller plays on the Friday!

wow .not even done the comp yet and can she fill 25-30 mins. comes to easy these days when groups singers male/female have to break their ball or work tits off just to get somewhere and be noticed

1 hour ago, retrokev said:

wow .not even done the comp yet and can she fill 25-30 mins. comes to easy these days when groups singers male/female have to break their ball or work tits off just to get somewhere and be noticed

Ive actually seen her before in 2019. We took our daughter to see Little Mix and Mae Muller was the support act. Bit of a pop/rap vibe back then. X

On 3/8/2023 at 1:39 AM, Dales said:

Happy enough with Mumford. I don’t like them enough to buy a ticket to their own shows. Although, my partner hates them. Come to think of it everyone I know hates them.

Whether you like them or not, it’s a big name for them to get and different to the acts doing the rounds. Although, if you don’t like them that is meaningless.

For me it’s a rare chance to see Mumford as no one I know would ever go to see them.

Pretty much how I feel about them headlining. My partner doesn't dislike them but she's definetly not fussed. I wouldn't buy tickets to a Mumford gig but it be cool to see them. I was never a fan of their earlier more well known tracks, but I really enjoyed Wilder Mind. Like, that whole album for me is great. Musically and lyrically it was what I needed at that moment in time so hopefully they will play the best tracks from that album. Hope you enjoy!

On 3/10/2023 at 2:07 PM, Quiksylver said:

Pretty much how I feel about them headlining. My partner doesn't dislike them but she's definetly not fussed. I wouldn't buy tickets to a Mumford gig but it be cool to see them. I was never a fan of their earlier more well known tracks, but I really enjoyed Wilder Mind. Like, that whole album for me is great. Musically and lyrically it was what I needed at that moment in time so hopefully they will play the best tracks from that album. Hope you enjoy!

Wilder Land is a top top album, by far the best they done. Hope to hear a few tracks from that.

2 hours ago, sisco said:

Early birds ending 2nd April so guessing that indicates the next poster will come just before that 

Agreed, usually the week before. So hoping for another 10-12 names. (As they normally have 25/26names on poster for each full day)

Certainly looks like IOW are spending far more on headliners than Vic.  Only Pulp really my cup of tea, but can appreciate the size of the other acts and Chemical Brothers especially would have been a good fit Sunday. 

Still hoping folk are won’t about castle headliners (unlikely I know) or that a 3rd stage has bands more to my taste

I'm going to both and to be honest, I'm pretty underwhelmed with IOW's selection. I keep looking at the name and thinking "Ah, I saw that at Victorious in 2019, I saw them last year etc". Equally, where I'm going to Glasto as well, the acts I'm mostly interested in like Blondie and Pulp are either a) confirmed or b) pretty confident they'll show up there in some way shape or form.

6 hours ago, WhatADin said:

I'm going to both and to be honest, I'm pretty underwhelmed with IOW's selection. I keep looking at the name and thinking "Ah, I saw that at Victorious in 2019, I saw them last year etc". Equally, where I'm going to Glasto as well, the acts I'm mostly interested in like Blondie and Pulp are either a) confirmed or b) pretty confident they'll show up there in some way shape or form.

I am not going to Glasto so if Pulp, Blondie AND Chems were at Victorious I would buy a ticket! But they are not so no festival for me this year 😞

Problem for me is, outside of the headliners, the lineup is largely dross. Some interesting acts here and there. The Saturday is especially shit. The Friday isn't MUCH better. The Sunday would be the sort of thing that would get me to go to a day at TRNSMT. But not to get me to a weekend at the bottom of the country.

Talking about IoW here btw.

Edited by DomDom1984

9 hours ago, WhatADin said:

Pretty sure pulp aren’t playing Glastonbury this year.  Very strange but true.

For me Victorious is miles better than IOW and can’t wait to get there.  Looking forward to the upcoming announcement too.  Hoping there’s another couple of acts I like. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sisco said:

Pretty sure pulp aren’t playing Glastonbury this year.  Very strange but true.

For me Victorious is miles better than IOW and can’t wait to get there.  Looking forward to the upcoming announcement too.  Hoping there’s another couple of acts I like. 

True, but I'm regretting my ticket purchase for IOW based what is effectively a single act exclusive for me. I mean, they used to have the Foos, Chilis, Kings of Leon.

I wholeheartedly agree as well with Victorious. The overall line-up is one of the strongest for me personally this year. 

5 hours ago, WhatADin said:

True, but I'm regretting my ticket purchase for IOW based what is effectively a single act exclusive for me. I mean, they used to have the Foos, Chilis, Kings of Leon.

I wholeheartedly agree as well with Victorious. The overall line-up is one of the strongest for me personally this year. 

I went to IOW 2011 and remember being disappointed with the headliners because they’d had Bowie, McCartney, Rolling Stones, Neil Young, Sex Pistols, The Police, REM and the Who in the years immediately prior

And yet, in 2011 the line up included Kings of Leon, Foo Fighters, Kasabian, Iggy Pop, Joan Jett, Pulp, Tim Burgess, Manic Street Preachers, Courteeners, the cult, Beady Eye, PIL, Ian Broudie, Nick Lowe, Tom Jones, Jeff Beck, Cast and Boy George to name a few 🤣🤣🤣 what I’d give for a lineup like that now

It does seem that festivals aren't pulling in the big names right now tbh. I assume it's because of the cost of putting on these events right now that they really don't have the funds to bring in big names. Maybe it's because I am older now but the headliners don't seem as impressive these days. 

IOW fell off a cliff and went from a top tier festival like R&L, V and obvs Glasto to a mid tier one.  They do get some headliner sized bands now (I suppose like Boardmasters and this year Victorious) but yeah… they’re not getting anything near Macca etc.. again  

• Like 1

On 3/8/2023 at 7:12 PM, PSi said:

What do we think the chances are of them either putting Blossoms on slightly later on the Friday to allow for people checking in to accommodations at 2pm, or otherwise of the uni allowing check ins earlier than 2pm on the Friday so we can make it onto the site in time? Would really like to catch them...

Just had a response from Greetham Street student accommodation saying we can check in any time on the Friday.