Isle of Wight 2023

galbani

Just brought a couple of resale tickets. Excited for this! I do have work on the Monday morning though. Think it is safe to say I won't be on top form 😂. Planning to leave straight after Robbie Williams finishes. Got a ferry booked from East Cowes at 1:30am. Does anyone have any suggestions on where best to camp? Somewhere near the shuttle buses would be ideal for a quick get away, but also somewhere relatively quiet (I accept it is a festival so always going to be some noise!). 

Also, we will be getting to East Cowes for 6pm on Friday (as I have work on the Friday). Is it realistic to think we will be pitching our tent by around 7pm? We'll be getting the shuttle to the festival. Thanks in advance for any help!

1 hour ago, CRW5252 said:

Just brought a couple of resale tickets. Excited for this! I do have work on the Monday morning though. Think it is safe to say I won't be on top form 😂. Planning to leave straight after Robbie Williams finishes. Got a ferry booked from East Cowes at 1:30am. Does anyone have any suggestions on where best to camp? Somewhere near the shuttle buses would be ideal for a quick get away, but also somewhere relatively quiet (I accept it is a festival so always going to be some noise!). 

Also, we will be getting to East Cowes for 6pm on Friday (as I have work on the Friday). Is it realistic to think we will be pitching our tent by around 7pm? We'll be getting the shuttle to the festival. Thanks in advance for any help! 

Try love your tent, their field 2 is just through the main gate about a 5-10 minute walk from the bus stops. Ok, you pay extra,  but not too rowdy and a great bunch of people

1 hour ago, undeadmonkeyem said:

My son is going for the first time this year. He mainly wants to see the Manic street preachers on the sunday. Any advice on the best time to get to the big top and how crowded it will be? 

Thanks.

Crowded? Usually very. If he wants a front of stage spot, get there very early. Echo and his bunny men are on before so both have a similar following. use the side entrance at the front. I think the Manics are on as RObbie finishes? It’ll be jammed. Last gig of the festival. 

Weather is on top form. I’ll be taking more suncream than clothes. 
Wait to here people moaning about there not being enough water on site. 
They weren’t allowed chairs down the front. 
Or someone stood in front of them…

Looking forward to a relaxing 4 days. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey festival heads im going to be heading to the iow later today and camping in the general area unfortunately been let down by my friends who were going so I'm now just going by myself I have friends who will be staying in the vip camping part but u won't be able to go in there so when it comes to night I will be camping by myself.. im wondering if anyone would be kind enough to let me camp next to them and become a friend as its my first time at the iow festival and tbh never even put up a tent before so would be amazing if I could make a couple friends before I get there so I feel a little more at ease thanks for reading.. btw I'm a 27 year old male from gosport :)

Had a brilliant time and spent the festival in great company (my family and a fab friend).

Feel very lucky we had wonderful weather.
I saw so many brilliant sets - my personal highlights included Pulp, Blondie, Robbie Williams, the Reytons, the Lottery Winners, Oh My God it’s the Church and secret sets from James Bray and Germein.

Dan Marks has informed me he particularly enjoyed Scouting for Girls 😜

It was my first Isle of Wright festival, but would definitely go again 😊

Edited by Mr Boo

Poorest line up in my 8 visits. 
Omy god’, Grove Amada, Chems, Robbie, Scouting for girls, Ezra all did it.  The rest were all mediocre. 
will still probably attend for a few years. 
the lack of bag checks was a massive bonus. 
the camper van field was a total farce. People with cars and tents, sh*t toilets and showers that didn’t work from Thursday and they blamed vandal’s Saturday night. Even though there was a gas leak on the hose Friday morning and turned off. 
Concession prices are getting ridiculous. You can see some of the vendors are embarrassed themselves. 

Little tip, just say you had a Barclay card but pay with any.  They didn’t care. 

• 3 months later...

His other option would surely be a BST run, given their flexibility on dates. Would image his own shows proper in the UK fall in that gap between May 27 and Jun 11 though - likely Manchester, Birmingham/Coventry and Glasgow, plus a potential London show dependent on whether he gets a BST booking.