Wednesday Morning Arrival Time

Festiful

Are you driving? I have never used the car parks as we get dropped off at Bath & West Showground for the transfer bus over but we arrive around 5am and the roads tend to be very quiet then. Get to the queue at Gate A for 6am the latest. 

Having said that, someone else might be able to advise you better what the car parks will be like at that time of morning.

Which side of Bristol are you coming from? I drive down from the east side through Keynsham and it has been plainsailing the last couple of fests. The worst drive I've had was when the queue of traffic started in Totterdown and didn't stop until we got on site, 6 hours later.

Edit: checked my route and it's the A367 down to around Oakhill before you join the A37 just before Shepton Mallet.

Edited by matichin

27 minutes ago, matichin said:

Which side of Bristol are you coming from? I drive down from the east side through Keynsham and it has been plainsailing the last couple of fests. The worst drive I've had was when the queue of traffic started in Totterdown and didn't stop until we got on site, 6 hours later.

Edit: checked my route and it's the A367 down to around Oakhill before you join the A37 just before Shelton Mallet.

I'll be driving through Shepton Mallet too! What sort of time do you normal aim to arrive by?

We will leave my place at 7am, but we have friends overnighting in the queue to take our tent to a spot earlier. Depends where you want to camp on what time you try to get there for really. Recommend checking out the thread about where you camp and why if you need any pointers.

On 6/14/2022 at 1:22 PM, matichin said:

We will leave my place at 7am, but we have friends overnighting in the queue to take our tent to a spot earlier. Depends where you want to camp on what time you try to get there for really. Recommend checking out the thread about where you camp and why if you need any pointers.

I am hoping to leave shepton mallet at 7.30, heading orange. Was wondering what time you left and hit the 6 hour queue? I have no idea how busy my run is going to be as always arrived on the other side Tuesday evening or around 11 on the Wednesday 

7 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

Me and two mates are attempting to bus from Bristol to Glastonbury town and then get the shuttle bus from there. 

Never done it before and no idea how it'll go 😂. Not even sure how early to get to the bus stop tbh. 

Glastonbury town hall. First one leaves at 7 then it's on the hour from 9am.

Never been from it. Anyone know if it gets busy?

5 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Glastonbury town hall. First one leaves at 7 then it's on the hour from 9am.

Never been from it. Anyone know if it gets busy?

It's more the Bristol to Glastonbury town leg I'm worried about; no idea how busy it will be on the morning. 

On 6/14/2022 at 12:27 PM, DareToDibble said:

Are you driving? I have never used the car parks as we get dropped off at Bath & West Showground for the transfer bus over but we arrive around 5am and the roads tend to be very quiet then. Get to the queue at Gate A for 6am the latest. 

Having said that, someone else might be able to advise you better what the car parks will be like at that time of morning.

We're aiming to arrive between 5 and 6am so that's promising!

1 hour ago, leath02 said:

Having not arrived in the morning before, what time roughly do people reckon we'll be through the gates if arriving at the car parks at 8am?

West side, I would say by 12pm. If you are parking up at 8, the queues for both Gate A & D will be massive, but it will start to go down as the gates open. I have arrived at 05:30 3 times and go to Oxlyers by about 10:30-11:00am each time

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mich1268 said:

I am hoping to leave shepton mallet at 7.30, heading orange. Was wondering what time you left and hit the 6 hour queue? I have no idea how busy my run is going to be as always arrived on the other side Tuesday evening or around 11 on the Wednesday 

We left at 6am, but worth noting that year there were major traffic issues on the M5 I believe, so the whole area got rammed up. Leaving Shepton at 7.30 will get you to the car park probably for the gates opening, so just a case of the queues to deal with. Reckon everyone is going to want to get in as early as possible this year so queues will be pretty chocka.

• Upvote 1