Campervan ticket swap

Derbyphil

43 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Correct … people are taking a chance here 

I've done the campervan fields the last 5 or so festivals and not once has it ever looked like the stewards actually cared whose name was on the campervan field ticket.

You literally show them the ticket and they give you a sticker for your vehicle. It's not anymore scientific than that.

12 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

I've done the campervan fields the last 5 or so festivals and not once has it ever looked like the stewards actually cared whose name was on the campervan field ticket.

You literally show them the ticket and they give you a sticker for your vehicle. It's not anymore scientific than that.

That's fine - if it happens like that again. But it's not the policy as written, and so it's bad advice to tell people "ignore the policy, you'll be fine".

Especially given that we're all aware that barcoded tickets for individuals are likely coming - so it's not a stretch to think that it could apply to Vans as well - they could easily set it up so that they scan the CV ticket at the same time as the festival tickets, and the system flags it up for extra checks if the order doesn't match.

My best guess is that the above won't happen this year, but something along those lines probably will down the line eventually.

7 minutes ago, incident said:

That's fine - if it happens like that again. But it's not the policy as written, and so it's bad advice to tell people "ignore the policy, you'll be fine".

Especially given that we're all aware that barcoded tickets for individuals are likely coming - so it's not a stretch to think that it could apply to Vans as well - they could easily set it up so that they scan the CV ticket at the same time as the festival tickets, and the system flags it up for extra checks if the order doesn't match.

My best guess is that the above won't happen this year, but something along those lines probably will down the line eventually.

I'm not sure what there is to be gained from doing such a system for vans though?

They certainly checked my cv ticket against my GA ticket in ‘17.

’16 they didn’t but that was a free for all due to the conditions.

anyone swapping tickets against the terms and conditions should be aware it could all go Pete tong when trying to get in.

Appreciate all the posts. Definitely not going to swap my ticket. But what are chances of getting into East Quiet with 2 friends motorhomes ( sat in between them in a very long queue) if I have a white ticket for B&W?

Don’t want to spend hours and hours over the weekend walking between the two sites……

Tho I would likely get more sleep in B&W, even versus East Quiet.

welcome views…..

11 minutes ago, Hoegaarden Supernova said:

Appreciate all the posts. Definitely not going to swap my ticket. But what are chances of getting into East Quiet with 2 friends motorhomes ( sat in between them in a very long queue) if I have a white ticket for B&W?

Don’t want to spend hours and hours over the weekend walking between the two sites……

welcome views…..

Would think 0 chance. Only in 2016

• Like 1

I have an East ticket but my mates will be in Quiet. I may try and sweet talk the security but otherwise think I’ll be camping on my own 🤣

CV security don’t always check tickets against your photo identity but they always check which field you’re in (in my experience)

1 hour ago, Hoegaarden Supernova said:

welcome views…..

I'd say zero. Plus you won't be sandwiched between them once you enter the filter lanes where they check tickets and do a search for glass etc.

Edited by Johnnyseven

2 hours ago, whitehorses said:

I have an East ticket but my mates will be in Quiet. I may try and sweet talk the security but otherwise think I’ll be camping on my own 🤣

CV security don’t always check tickets against your photo identity but they always check which field you’re in (in my experience)

Thay will allow you both into East, but not East Quiet. Fiona Ingram who is the CV Fields manager said this on a Facebook post.

3 hours ago, Hoegaarden Supernova said:

welcome views…..

Not a chance they will just direct you back out via the one way system.

1 minute ago, StoneCircle said:

Thay will allow you both into East, but not East Quiet. Fiona Ingram who is the CV Fields manager said this on a Facebook post.

Thanks. Except. They have a pre delivered caravan to quiet. So unfortunately can’t do that… That’s handy to know in the future tho.

Edited by whitehorses

2 minutes ago, whitehorses said:

Thanks. Except. They have a pre delivered caravan to quiet. So unfortunately can’t do that… That’s handy to know in the future tho.

There is a resale on 27 March, see if you can get one then. You will need to use a registration number that hasn't alreadt bought a CV pass.

• Thanks 1