Connect Festival

kingcrawler

9 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

oh that's very interesting. i should be in a position to find out more about this on wednesday, i shall do some fishing

Wednesday eh? Trying to think what festivals are readying up for an announcement

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

Arcade Fire, The Strokes, Florence and the Machine and Foals all announced for a festival in Spain the week after this. Arcade Fire definitely seem like a good fit, though I wouldn’t be very keen on seeing them again anytime soon.

Arcade Fire are (were?) my favourite band, but due to the Win behaviour and frankly terrible handling of it by the band, I'm not keen on seeing them headline a big festival here. 
Would've been the dream about 6 months ago! 

Florence, Foals and LCD seem like a fairly safe (but probably wrong) guess at this point.  

Edited by chickenfire
Mistyped!
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DomDom1984 said:

Think Florence MIGHT be too big for this. 

She played 2 nights at Edinburgh Summer Sessions a few years back so size wise this would be about the same. She hasn't quite sold out seating at the Hydro so similar to Chemical Brothers who headlined last year. 
Given how badly this sold last year, I think they could use a Florence sized act this time! 

49 minutes ago, chickenfire said:

Arcade Fire are (were?) my favourite band, but due to the Win behaviour and frankly terrible handling of it by the band, I'm not keen on seeing them headline a big festival here. 
Would've been the dream about 6 months ago! 

Florence, Foals and LCD seem like a fairly safe (but probably wrong) guess at this point.  

Foals, LCD and Arcade Fire would have been a dream trio for me too but likewise, wouldn’t be keen on seeing the latter now. I’d be delighted with Florence but also feel she might be a tad too big. I think Noel Gallagher is a pretty good shout too.

1 hour ago, chickenfire said:

She played 2 nights at Edinburgh Summer Sessions a few years back so size wise this would be about the same. She hasn't quite sold out seating at the Hydro so similar to Chemical Brothers who headlined last year. 
Given how badly this sold last year, I think they could use a Florence sized act this time! 

Pretty sure she didn't even sell them out too. Defo not quickly

• 2 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Could see something like this as a Connect day too.

Was just coming to this thread to post the same thing, definitely seems like something that could be booked, that or he is one of the Princess Street gigs

Edited by Chiefski

That’s Foals confirmed for Reading and Leeds on Friday and Saturday, I think they make a lot of sense as the Sunday headliner here. Not too many other big acts on there that I’d expect to crossover though, maybe someone like Wet Leg as a sub?

Noel Gallagher, LCD Soundsystem (if they are playing Ireland around then), Foals seems like a decent enough balance compared to last year.

Been keeping a wee eye on whos playing around the time, would this be feasible?

Friday

Noel Gallagher / Primal Scream / Future Islands

Saturday

LCD Soundsystem / Yeah Yeah Yeahs / Young Fathers

Sunday

Foals / one of the below?* / Wet Leg

-----

Top line acts playing around the time I could see playing if not those above -

*Jamie XX, Bicep, Iggy Pop, Sigur Ros, Pixies, Jamie T

Others around that probably fit Connect -

The Snuts, Inhaler, Villagers, Jessie Ware, Amyl and the Sniffers, Les Savy Fav, Moderat, Los Bitchos

47 minutes ago, Chiefski said:

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

-----

The Snuts, Inhaler, Villagers, Jessie Ware, Amyl and the Sniffers, Les Savy Fav, Moderat, Los Bitchos

I think this looks good and pretty realistic too. Maybe someone like Suede or The Vaccines in there too as a sub. 

13 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I think this looks good and pretty realistic too. Maybe someone like Suede or The Vaccines in there too as a sub. 

I think vaccines are sunday victorious but with some day shuffling it could work

On 12/9/2022 at 9:15 PM, LD1903 said:

Any chance we could get Manic Street Preachers here? They seem a decent fit for it

Manics could be in with a shout. They pop up on DF Festivals fairly regularly. 

In a slightly similar category I'd love to see Editors pop up on the lineup. Would be a great sub for this size festival. 

On 12/9/2022 at 10:03 AM, Chiefski said:

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

-----

I actually don't know who's playing this yet, but i know LCD aren't. 2024 for their next UK shows 

• Upvote 1