Best wellington boots

Respectfatfrog

Shopping in Lidl today, and I noticed they had some winter boots that look halfway between a walking boot and a wellington in the middle isle. No idea if they are any good for a muddy Glastonbury  (or even any good at all) but at £16.99 they might be worth a go. Here

An issue might be they would be too hot as summer wear but removing the aluminum" layer insole" might cool things down.

image.png.d45cfc901cc35b567b423dc5fb302d83.png

• Thanks 1

Hello. Another vote for Aigle. Here's why. Sorry for the long post. My first Glasto was 2016. Second day in my newish cheap wellies split. Luckily I had over packed and also had walking boots and gaitors. They did the job until Sunday, when the mud ripped the sole of my walking boot (mind they were old). So it was back into wellies, tapped up with Gaffer tape. 

The advantage of walking boots, is the grip. In wellies, I slipped everywhere but taking walking boots off, you get your hands filthy.

When I got home, I researched wellies, even going on horse forums, as these people live in wellies. Hence I found Aigle. The Aigle is a shapped wellie with a walking boot sole.  I often do 6 miles a day in woods walking my dog. They are expensive but worth it. Can walk for miles in them. But don't get the ones with the neoprene lining, your feet will melt. 

Edited by Shariken
Typo
  • Like 1

• 10 months later...
On 1/7/2022 at 1:18 PM, Ayrshire Chris said:

Waterproof, excellent tread and fleecy lining for comfort . With hiking boots as back up. 
D2D102F8-52ED-4348-810B-FF3721DB04C2.thumb.jpeg.fa9d98a56327dd35a984fa41856dc448.jpeg

Havnt needed to use these over the last few festivals but there were great for other camping holidays when the fields were soaking. I tend to have good boots for the festival with these as back up. 

4 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Havnt needed to use these over the last few festivals but there were great for other camping holidays when the fields were soaking. I tend to have good boots for the festival with these as back up. 

If is anything like recent days waders and snorkels are going to be needed 

I've literally spent this morning writing a pros and cons list between a decent pair of waterproof hiking boots and a pair of Aigle wellies. 

I haven't needed festival wellies for a LONG, LONG, LONG time... mainly good weather and most of the festivals I tend to go to have been metropolitan.

Why can't they make waterproof pink sparkly walking boots!?

3 minutes ago, WhatADin said:

I've literally spent this morning writing a pros and cons list between a decent pair of waterproof hiking boots and a pair of Aigle wellies. 

I haven't needed festival wellies for a LONG, LONG, LONG time... mainly good weather and most of the festivals I tend to go to have been metropolitan.

Why can't they make waterproof pink sparkly walking boots!?

SEDOiuKcvXou71vRG8ziPJDibCxlR2Ty-24.jpg

• 2 months later...