Gig Ticket Prices

st dan

Just now, kingcrawler said:

I see our good pals Ticketmaster have brought in dynamic pricing for some high profile gigs that went on sale today

Its been about for a few weeks / months now on certain gigs.

13 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

I see our good pals Ticketmaster have brought in dynamic pricing for some high profile gigs that went on sale today

Surely any decent artist could just refuse to sell tickets with them. I only ever use them when I have no other choice. 

• 8 months later...

Anyone who lives in the vicinity of Bristol will be aware that it's been poorly served with arena sized venues.

Then the council made the unfortunate choice of switching their long awaited plan to a drafty aircraft hangar outside the city instead of a bespoke one built for purpose next to the train station. (In the interest of balance I can understand that using prime real estate for flats and offices would presumably help the council's poor finances). 

TLDR, regarding the subject of the thread they keep writing this thinking its good publicity, but it doesn't sound like it to me:-

"YTL is totally committed to opening Bristol’s first major indoor music arena and entertainment complex. We have been improving our design and have created the opportunity to increase the maximum capacity of the Arena from 17,000 to 19,000, with over 2,000 premium seats."

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife/ytl-arena-bristol-responds-after-8106955

1 hour ago, clarkete said:

Anyone who lives in the vicinity of Bristol will be aware that it's been poorly served with arena sized venues.

Then the council made the unfortunate choice of switching their long awaited plan to a drafty aircraft hangar outside the city instead of a bespoke one built for purpose next to the train station. (In the interest of balance I can understand that using prime real estate for flats and offices would presumably help the council's poor finances). 

TLDR, regarding the subject of the thread they keep writing this thinking its good publicity, but it doesn't sound like it to me:-

"YTL is totally committed to opening Bristol’s first major indoor music arena and entertainment complex. We have been improving our design and have created the opportunity to increase the maximum capacity of the Arena from 17,000 to 19,000, with over 2,000 premium seats."

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife/ytl-arena-bristol-responds-after-8106955

Arenas have suites, whats the big deal. 

What a rip off: Dutch festival Lowlands sold 60 K tickets in about half an hour. Tickets appeared almost instantly on resale platforms (off course..) , including ticketmaster's. So ticketmaster's platform only allows +20% of the value which still means you are making 60 Euros as tickets were 300. But ticketmaster is charging 40 EUROS of service costs for this resale. Knowing that there are not really any security on the resale anyway, the tickets are on sale on other platforms for higher prices. So how is this exactly making sure people are not ripped off, I don't know...

The worse is that they are shit talking a quite good resale local system (20% extra max, relatively low costs, money back guaranteed)