Sziget 2022

Matt86

Bad news I'm afraid. I messaged Sziget helpdesk over the weekend to ask about Little Simz. They've just come back to me to confirm she won't be there. No reason given. 

Two things:

1. Gutted.

2. Fair play to them for responding and responding quickly. I guess they've not officially announced it as it would've taken the shine off tomorrow's announcement. 

2640.jpg

Edited by swelsbyuk

8 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

Bad news I'm afraid. I messaged Sziget helpdesk over the weekend to ask about Little Simz. They've just come back to me to confirm she won't be there. No reason given. 

Shame... she was one of the better names on the line-up. I hope more cancellations don't follow cos things looked pretty positive on the Sziget side so far.

1 minute ago, iamdebrii said:

Shame... she was one of the better names on the line-up. I hope more cancellations don't follow cos things looked pretty positive on the Sziget side so far.

Agreed. Her star has risen massively in recent months (well, it has in the UK at least). I wonder if they still had her on the same pay as the 2020 booking and she's decided there's more to be earned elsewhere?

5 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

Agreed. Her star has risen massively in recent months (well, it has in the UK at least). I wonder if they still had her on the same pay as the 2020 booking and she's decided there's more to be earned elsewhere?

If that is so : SHAME. Festivals have already lose a lot of money, it is time to be fair with them. I can't imagine Dua Lipa asking for more this year than in 2020 for example. And considering how big she has become, she could !

2 minutes ago, Matt86 said:

If that is so : SHAME. Festivals have already lose a lot of money, it is time to be fair with them. I can't imagine Dua Lipa asking for more this year than in 2020 for example. And considering how big she has become, she could !

I was only speculating on her increased popularity. Probably nothing to do with pay etc. Could be anything. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, billybigballs said:

Shame about Little Simz. Not my kind of music but her performance at The Brits was pretty impressive.

Time to look forward and not back, have we really not no leakers lurking?

Yeah thats weird, only 15 hours before the announcement and everyone seems to be keeping it down... !

2 minutes ago, LittleFest said:

Really hoping for some names we haven't seen at the festival yet or at least not from 2018 and 2019 again! Apart from Nothing but Thieves because I would very much like to repeat that packed tent in the rain! 

Be nice to see them and Future Islands from the Summer Well line-up

1 minute ago, LittleFest said:

Really hoping for some names we haven't seen at the festival yet or at least not from 2018 and 2019 again! Apart from Nothing but Thieves because I would very much like to repeat that packed tent in the rain! 

Same for me, NBT are always welcome 😄 but I would love some never seen acts..When I saw Armin Van Buuren wasn't at Balaton, I thought " what if ..!?" but then the Calvin Harris rumour was back... I mean, as long as it is not David Guetta, I'm good. But Armin has never been to Sziget, and that's the kind of acts I'm hoping for

3 minutes ago, Matt86 said:

Same for me, NBT are always welcome 😄 but I would love some never seen acts..When I saw Armin Van Buuren wasn't at Balaton, I thought " what if ..!?" but then the Calvin Harris rumour was back... I mean, as long as it is not David Guetta, I'm good. But Armin has never been to Sziget, and that's the kind of acts I'm hoping for

Apparently he was there for the 2009 edition. While I love Armin I don't see them getting him since he's probably quite a pricey booking with a diminished commercial appeal nowadays. Harris and even Guetta seem much more likely

6 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Can’t see if serious.

She’s released 2 modern classics with Grey Area and Sometimes I Might Be Introvert. And those aren’t even her first albums.

She’s released more albums than Dua Lipa... If there’s one act to see in 2022, it’s Simz.

Bloody hell mate, rub it in why don't you? 🤣

49 minutes ago, LittleFest said:

I know the leak had said that they were in discussions with Calvin Harris before the first announcement so I do think it is more than likely going to be him.. David Guetta is my nightmare headliner! 

SAME, I've seen Guetta at Exit festival in 2016, 2018 and 2021. And I don't need to see him for the 4th time at Sziget 💀💀💀

3 minutes ago, Dutchfestivaladdict said:

We were talking about a big act which hasn’t performed in Budapest so far and got famous during covid isn’t it LIL NAS after all?

I believe @Sziget2022_Leaks himself had shut down the idea of Lil Nas X at Sziget a few pages back. I think it may well actually be just Bieber this year.

Also Leaks... Where Are Ü Now when we need you? 🎶😅 

23 minutes ago, Dutchfestivaladdict said:

WOW GUYS! I just listened to the song “ that’s whAt I want” and there is a sentence which says “ I want someone to love me”. We were talking about a big act which hasn’t performed in Budapest so far and got famous during covid isn’t it LIL NAS after all?

I wouldn't class that as any kind of improvement tbh. Bieber or Lil Nas is Hobson's Choice.

1 hour ago, lighthouse said:

Can’t see if serious.

She’s released 2 modern classics with Grey Area and Sometimes I Might Be Introvert. And those aren’t even her first albums.

She’s released more albums than Dua Lipa... If there’s one act to see in 2022, it’s Simz.

I only meant this because of her age, she's 26 if I'm right. That's why the " she's at the very beginning of her career" 😉