news & politics:discussion

zahidf

1 hour ago, Neil said:

Not sure about Corbyn being written out of history...seems same as for other leaders in opposition like Miliband, Duncan-Smith, Howard, Hague etc etc. I think Corbyn has had a big impact on both labour and politics as a whole.

16 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Not sure about Corbyn being written out of history...seems same as for other leaders in opposition like Miliband, Duncan-Smith, Howard, Hague etc etc. I think Corbyn has had a big impact on both labour and politics as a whole.

Yeah but we're not allowed to be truthful about corbyn, he was destroyed by the facts about him not the bbc. 

29 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Yes, but there's a lot of his supporters saying that criticism of a failed leader is just bad slander, when it's largely warranted.

40 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

all you hear is criticism.

I mean, I see a lot of people whining about how hard done by he was. But if you de prioritise domestic issues and hang out with people who endorse Holocaust deniers, you're going to get criticism.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Schools finishing on the  16th?! It's next Friday round here.

p.s i've noticed a certain someone hasn't posted in a couple days. Maybe the trolling has finally led to a ban 👀

Gloating about other users getting a suspension won't be tolerated.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Crazyfool01 said:

I wonder if the GMB have considered striking and getting a fair deal for supermarket workers ? £10 ph ? Is that reasonable I guess it’s unskilled but not without its own demands 

Working in a supermarket ain’t easy, a lot of ‘unskilled’ jobs are really hard. I used to work at waitrose when I was a student and it was more intense than any job I’ve done since 

1 minute ago, fraybentos1 said:

Are you in a union? Is there a union that represents supermarket workers ?

The GMB is the Union that represents us … I’m currently not because our rep is pretty useless tbh , but am considering it based on bigger things and I can always go above that level . They have brought about better pay the last time . Still significantly short of any amount that’s required to live though 

2 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

I think a forum needs proper balanced and fair moderation or no moderation at all.  There was plenty of gloating about me being banned without a word said.  So can I presume we are now going to draw a line in the sand and everyone is going to be moderated equally and fairly from this point onwards.  Genuine question.  If Ozanne has been suspended then I guess so.  Fair play.  No gloating just saying I welcome balanced moderation.

i think its also fair to  moderators to let them do a job ( thats voluntary ) without people trying to influence the decisions . This thread is the only one that invokes complaints from both sides of the discussion . Ive quoted you but applies to all . 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Barry Fish said:

That is fine.  Moderation came out of nowhere very recently and it seemed at first to be targeted at one side of the discussion.  Now in fairness it does seem the other side of discussion is now being taken to task.  That will draw no complaints from me.  If people feel the moderation is fair and balanced then I doubt people will complain or influence.  

moderation has recently restarted to help the site and Neil , its not totally new as it has had other moderators in the past but the aim from me personally is to be fair and to help the site and the thread be open to all ... and thats why I prefer it without the personal stuff ... I was looking back at some of the earlier posts and there were many more people posting in this thread and hopefully we can get back to that rather than the loop we are currently on .