news & politics:discussion

zahidf

7 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

and does a drop in testosterone make you unhappy..

Yes. It affects mood. Causes depression, sleep problems, lethergy etc..

4 minutes ago, lost said:

Yes. It affects mood. Causes depression, sleep problems, lethergy etc..

Ok, maybe it isn't my job I hate then.

But still, that graph shows unhappiness drop from 20s through to 60s..maybe some of that is having kids or the human condition, but it also fits nicely into the years people have to work. 

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Ok, maybe it isn't my job I hate then.

But still, that graph shows unhappiness drop from 20s through to 60s..maybe some of that is having kids or the human condition, but it also fits nicely into the years people have to work. 

Yes probably some of that in there but doesnt explain the extra drop off in your 40's / 50's.

1 hour ago, Barry Fish said:

Surely we are the freeloaders expecting to use the site for nothing ? 

We did the 50p coffee cup scandal yesterday.  Maybe let it go 🙂

The mods asked us to move on 🙂  

Neil was perfectly happy with people using the site with adverts, but he did call people who used adblockers freeloaders (rightly so)

Anyway.... It was an entertaining read the last day or so 🤣

Imagine accepting first £150 and then £400 towards your energy bills and then calling someone who took a free cup of coffee a freeloader.

Imagine also ignoring call after call over 3 days to 'move on' and then only taking notice of that call when it benefits you cos people 'whataboutering' have been called out and shown to be freeloaders themselves using their own pathetic description of that.

14 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Imagine accepting first £150 and then £400 towards your energy bills and then calling someone who took a free cup of coffee a freeloader.

Imagine also ignoring call after call over 3 days to 'move on' and then only taking notice of that call when it benefits you cos people 'whataboutering' have been called out and shown to be freeloaders themselves using their own pathetic description of that.

Thats what you get from that poster sadly, spouting right wing rhetoric to get rises from people. Best thing to do is put him on ignore.

43 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Especially as it was given to me as gratitude for giving the stall 3 of some of the most sort after crew bar passes on site.

There are plenty of Glastonbury regulars who would happily give me a lot more for one of those cards.

12 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Especially as it was given to me as gratitude for giving the stall 3 of some of the most sort after crew bar passes on site.

There are plenty of Glastonbury regulars who would happily give me a lot more for one of those cards.

It was a bizarre personal attack but you've nothing to explain or justify about this.

Edited by lazyred

3 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

I thought the concept stood up.  Every time someone takes something for free there is a cost someone has too cover.  Sure Neil went on a bit but the concept was fine.

Everything has a cost but sometimes I accept a cost to do something nice. A charitable act benefits the giver and receiver. Being used by a cheeky f**ker is a different thing. I've not seen any thing posted by Skip to suggest he takes the piss. He's just more tolerant of other people doing it than I am.

38 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

I would happily give you a lot more for one of those cards... for future information lol 🙂 

46 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

tenner?

2 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

So is calling someone crazy / nutter etc.  We have to view these things as a whole and completely.  Not targeted and selectively wouldn't you say ? 

it was targeted at Skip so im viewing that as targeted . and whats with the editing of all your posts ? I find myself replying and then youve edited the post 

23 minutes ago, stuie said:

I would happily give you a lot more for one of those cards... for future information lol 🙂 

No problem, you can have one if:

1) I'm at Glastonbury 2024

2) We meet up

• Like 1

Just now, Barry Fish said:

50 majority ?   That would be an incredible swing.

yep im going with it .... swing to me not such a big thing  ( yes I know it is really ) .... they start from a clean slate and who on earth would actually vote for this lot , im optimistic but possibly a bit deluded to