news & politics:discussion

zahidf

When a standalone bill providing $14.3bn (£11.5bn) in US aid to Israel was introduced in the House of Representatives, only two Republicans - Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia and Thomas Massie of Kentucky - voted no.

Their isolated opposition is a far cry from the significant and growing number of Republicans who oppose continued US support for Ukraine, the world's other current major international conflict.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-67422238

4 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I think a really stupid decision by Labour to whip MPs on this one...no need, just let a free vote happen.

Gets rid of the nutcases who instead of wanting rid of the Tories want to be the eternal opposition against the government.

As always Labours biggest enemy is Labour. 

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

they're not nutcases for wanting a ceasefire. Afzal Khan will likely be one of them, he's my MP and a good guy.

Not the time for a labour rebellion though. Tories are in shambles so should be focusing on that and not letting a fringe issue define our countries politics. 

6 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

It fits what we already know about Hamas so why wouldn't we believe it.  You going to belive Hamas ?

I'm going to believe the USA isn't beyond lying about this.

6 hours ago, steviewevie said:

last time it dropped by so much was 1992...the same year that John Major pulled off that surprise election win....😐

labour had an unpopular leader, so not the same.

17 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Not the time for a labour rebellion though. Tories are in shambles so should be focusing on that and not letting a fringe issue define our countries politics. 

well yeah...but this isn't a fringe issue for many of these MPs...but in the end I don't know why Starmer bothering enforcing the whip, seems unnecessary on something that will actually not have an effect on anything but is a massive principle to a lot of people.

32 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

"Fringe issue"????

Trying to stop the relentless murder of Palestinian women and children is a "fringe issue"

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

France have issued an arrest warrant for Assad for war crimes.

Now that is a fringe issue. When muslims kill other muslims your lucky to get half a dozen people at the protest.