news & politics:discussion

zahidf

Ok mod voice here … please refrain from personal attacks … however much you disagree with the person involved . Please and thanks … use the block button if you find that impossible . Remember there are others here that might not post and add some variety to this thread because if it . 

1 hour ago, Ozanne said:

wonder why certain people (not you) don’t say anything about the Tories possibly reneging on our £11.6b green pledge? Hmm that is a tricky one. 

Is that me you refer to ? Rather than making a generalisation it would be better to quote or @ the person then they can respond …. If it were me I think I’ve explained on numerous occasions my dislike for the Tory party and how they would be far worse than any Labour govt … that doesn’t mean that they get a free reign without people questioning what they do though 

so musk vs zukkerberg is kicking off, with musk saying that meta had to steal twitter trade secrets to develop threads, i could have developed threads in three weeks, nothing difficult about it!

2 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

@eFestivals any idea ? 

isn't yet, but the forum developers might add it, tho iggy would have to run the forum updates - they haven't been run in a year or more (mostly my fault) cos the updates might screw the efests skin.

1 minute ago, Neil said:

isn't yet, but the forum developers might add it, tho iggy would have to run the forum updates - they haven't been run in a year or more (mostly my fault) cos the updates might screw the efests skin.

Cheers 🙂 the threads thing looks half decent although I’m not jumping yet … I stick things out mostly 🙂 

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Cheers 🙂 the threads thing looks half decent although I’m not jumping yet … I stick things out mostly 🙂 

depending how much of a copy threads is, it might use the same embedding as twitter, so might work already.

Fray has every right to call Ozanne out. Strange that they've met each other and the tension still exists.

Ozanne, you absolutely should be aware of the controversy that you cause with your posts. If you don't - you do need to work on that. You seem like a troll mostly. That should be something you want to correct.

Fray, I think you feel a similar frustration to me with Ozannes posts, but you do get personal sometimes, and it's unnecessary.

7 hours ago, cellar said:

Fray has every right to call Ozanne out. Strange that they've met each other and the tension still exists.

Ozanne, you absolutely should be aware of the controversy that you cause with your posts. If you don't - you do need to work on that. You seem like a troll mostly. That should be something you want to correct.

Fray, I think you feel a similar frustration to me with Ozannes posts, but you do get personal sometimes, and it's unnecessary.

To confirm I’ve not met him just he was right next to me twice at glasto the other week which is a mad coincidence lol 

Yeah fair play I’m occasionally OTT but it’s been years of seeing this stuff, it’s hard not to get annoyed 

The Ulez thing kind of shows the problems govts are going to have with net zero too....it is the right thing to do for the environment and for future generations, but if causes any hardship or inconvenience to the general public they push back...and with democracies you need to keep that general public on side...it's why Burnham pushes back on clean air zone stuff in Manchester despite the pollution. It will be a massive challenge for Labour if they really think they can get us to net zero by 2030 without causing too much pain...because that pain can transfer to a tick in a different party offering less pain for this net zero nonsense, or it can lead to public unrest. So...need to get there, but need to take the public with you. 

27 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

The Ulez thing kind of shows the problems govts are going to have with net zero too....it is the right thing to do for the environment and for future generations, but if causes any hardship or inconvenience to the general public they push back...and with democracies you need to keep that general public on side...it's why Burnham pushes back on clean air zone stuff in Manchester despite the pollution. It will be a massive challenge for Labour if they really think they can get us to net zero by 2030 without causing too much pain...because that pain can transfer to a tick in a different party offering less pain for this net zero nonsense, or it can lead to public unrest. So...need to get there, but need to take the public with you. 

The problem is partly the lack of or poor integration of public transport and services around that . If we can get a better public transport system then the frustrations of the general public will reduce and like Brexit I don’t think people quite realise the catastrophic effects of it going forward … and it seems to be coming closer sadly . Oh and China … the excuse for some 

32 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

The problem is partly the lack of or poor integration of public transport and services around that . If we can get a better public transport system then the frustrations of the general public will reduce and like Brexit I don’t think people quite realise the catastrophic effects of it going forward … and it seems to be coming closer sadly . Oh and China … the excuse for some 

yep, that's part of it...better public transport to get people out of their cars...and then that public transport needs to be powered by carbon neutral energy....

Ideally everyone would get on their bike.

3 hours ago, steviewevie said:

You do need to take the public with you which is where I feel Just Stop Oil are falling by down on. They’re losing the public to high will only harm their cause. 

4 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

You do need to take the public with you which is where I feel Just Stop Oil are falling by down on. They’re losing the public to high will only harm their cause. 

Protest isnt about taking the public with you ... its about protesting a cause ..... The torys took the public with them in the case of Brexit. ... Just stop oil will be shown to be right .... people might just look back and think yeah that tennis match they stopped for 10 mins they might well have had a case .... disruption gets them the headlines they need thats the point .... the Right wing press will push the hate narrative 

thanks JSO for looking to the future if you have anyone on here .

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Protest isnt about taking the public with you ... its about protesting a cause ..... The torys took the public with them in the case of Brexit. ... Just stop oil will be shown to be right .... people might just look back and think yeah that tennis match they stopped for 10 mins they might well have had a case .... disruption gets them the headlines they need thats the point .... the Right wing press will push the hate narrative 

thanks JSO for looking to the future if you have anyone on here .

You have to take the public with you if you want to bring about change. If they go too far with their actions then they risk pushing people further away from a cause that people already are on board with as people overwhelmingly support actions to address climate change. It’s a fine balancing act and they risk falling into the other side of that. 

41 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

You have to take the public with you if you want to bring about change. If they go too far with their actions then they risk pushing people further away from a cause that people already are on board with as people overwhelmingly support actions to address climate change. It’s a fine balancing act and they risk falling into the other side of that. 

I don't think they are bothered about taking the public with them...they just want to be noticed and then for people to talk about what they're protesting about...which is probably actually working.